I think I'm Rooted?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I rooted my fascinate last night using the adb method. It said it was successful. I have the superuser app, but when I open it there are no apps or anything. I've done some searching and can't seem to find where/how I access things now that I'm rooted to remove the bloatware and whatnot. Do I do it from the app? or from the computer? Am I just missing something?

Thanks for the help guys,

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes it did. Would it just be easier to load a different rom anyway? My battery life is horrendous

yeah throw on a different rom and try one of Adrynalynes low volt kernels i am using test 5 low volt nonvoodoo kernel. its been about 10hrs and have dropped 11%

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice! we'll see how adventurous I get later. Never flashed a rom before. I gotta read up on how to get back if I eff it up lol

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Nice! we'll see how adventurous I get later. Never flashed a rom before. I gotta read up on how to get back if I eff it up lol

you wont be sorry. its just rediculous how crappy the stock rom and kernels are. the custom ones are way better. if froyo was pushed ota right now i would still wait until a custom was available.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah i dont believe that either , mike flashes everything just cause lol i would only flash it to find out root methods, otherwise i would wait for a rom

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah throw on a different rom and try one of Adrynalynes low volt kernels i am using test 5 low volt nonvoodoo kernel. its been about 10hrs and have dropped 11%

So no issues? Everything works fine?

from clockwork make a backup of where you are now

scroll down to backup/restore>backup>yes,,,,,wait and you are backed up,,,then you can restore later

if you really get in a bind use odin to flash you back to stock DI01 or DL09, i recommend DI01... downloads and instructions found here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ckworkmod-recovery-return-stock-use-odin.html

I think I got this figured out, so I can do all the flashing with clockwork but I can also use Odin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci