Voodoo%

arod1285

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive been trying to install Voodoo5 on my fascinate and i keep installing the kernel on to the root of my sd in the update.zip folder but everytime i boot into recovery and try to install it it (like the voodoo site tells me to) it says that it cant verify the whole file signature and aborts.

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're trying to install it via the stock recovery (blue). You need to choose apply update.zip from there to get into CWM Recovery (green). After you successfully get a voodoo kernel installed, you'll have another CWM Recovery (red) in place of the stock one (blue).

arod1285

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Youre right i am in stock but when i hit "apply update.zip" instead of going to it just trys to extract and install it again and i get the same error script so im like going in circles

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The option you want to choose in blue recovery is "apply sdcard:update.zip". This will take you to CWM Recovery (green), then you go to "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" and navigate to your kernels zip file. Have you flashed CWM Recovery via Odin already? Blue recovery will only install official signed files from Verizon, which is why they're failing for you. CWM (green or red) will install any .zip file.

Reactions: arod1285

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
thats a bad idea, you are not suppose to flash a voodoo kernel on a stock system you need to enable it from red clockworkmod

I haven't actually done it this way, but from what I understand, if you install a voodoo kernel in green CWM, then reboot recovery, it'll take you into red CWM (guess it installs with the kernel) so you can enable the lagfix before trying to boot. But you're right, I wouldn't use any app to install it.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't actually done it this way, but from what I understand, if you install a voodoo kernel in green CWM, then reboot recovery, it'll take you into red CWM (guess it installs with the kernel) so you can enable the lagfix before trying to boot. But you're right, I wouldn't use any app to install it.

IMO, This is how most do it. Coming from a rooted phone with other roms behind me, I loaded a voodoo kernel via green CWM. This should be how everyone does it coming from nothing. You need experience flashing before voodoo. Not really needed of course but would help.

I use the reboot option in my theme(power button mods) to get into red CWM. I have tried a few different kernels at this point. Wiped cache and battery stats in red too. Works the same as green really. Just know that the search button lets you go back a screen.