Battery percent for DL30

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I just added my battery icons to the DL30 (2.2) framework. If anyone wants it, you can download it DL30_BatteryPercent.zip. This is a Clockwork installable zip, just boot into CW, choose "install zip from SD card" and then navigate to this file.

This is totally stock with just the battery percent added. If you're using a theme (don't think any exist as of yet), you probably don't want this, as it'll revert a lot of things back to stock. Here's what it looks like:

batt2.jpg

Last edited:

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried moving and copying the file to the system/framweork folder but i get a message saying it cant copy..am i missing something? maybe setting permissions on the folder or something?

thanks

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I was looking for until we get some good themes out for DL30. I had one just like this back on DI01 and loved it.

I tried moving and copying the file to the system/framweork folder but i get a message saying it cant copy..am i missing something? maybe setting permissions on the folder or something?

thanks

I take it the whole message you get says "you cannot paste here because the file system is read-only"? If you're using root explorer, hit the button on the top right that says "Mount R/W"

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I was using io manager..i can get into root folder and navigate where I want but can't move the file there..is there another free utility I can try?

Hmmm, I use Root Explorer, I'm not sure if Astro File Manager can do it, but you need to remount the system partition to Read/Write. In Root Explorer, there's a little button to change it from R/O to R/W and back.

I should just figure out how to create a Clockwork flashable package already...

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, give this a try: DL30_BatteryPercent.zip

Just flash it with Clockwork. I just went back to the stock framework and then flashed this in CW and it worked fine.

Exactly what I was looking for until we get some good themes out for DL30. I had one just like this back on DI01 and loved it.

Cool, yea, the first thing I do with any ROM is modify the framework to show the percent. Can't stand the stock 10% increments.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I just added my battery icons to the DL30 (2.2) framework. If anyone wants it, you can download it DL30_BatteryPercent.zip. This is a Clockwork installable zip, just boot into CW, choose "install zip from SD card" and then navigate to this file.

This is totally stock with just the battery percent added. If you're using a theme (don't think any exist as of yet), you probably don't want this, as it'll revert a lot of things back to stock. Here's what it looks like:

batt2.jpg

i didnt know you made neato stuff like this chris. great job btw. fyi, if you flash over a theme it will only revert the notification bar to stock. everything else will still be themed including the pull down menu from the notification bar.

thanks chirs.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
i didnt know you made neato stuff like this chris. great job btw.

Thanks, yea, I thought it was about time I packaged it in a Clockwork flashable file... I know *just* enough to be dangerous! :p

I made a full set of charging icons in 1% increments, but something was broken in the 2.1 system or framework, because the battery was always reported as about 30% when charging, so my icons were useless. When I get some time, I'll have to try it with the new one and see if it's working.

fyi, if you flash over a theme it will only revert the notification bar to stock. everything else will still be themed including the pull down menu from the notification bar.

Good to know, I always warn that people with existing themes should avoid this, since it's otherwise completely stock.

s004kcg

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this is cool, simple, and just what i was looking for. Newb question, how would i go back to the stock battery meter if i wanted to uninstall this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084