New CWM, dl30, confused?

curt1972

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, first post. I followed the post on xda to get dl30 and new cwm. I followed the first version where you flashed "new cwm" then dl30. This was before they changed the order in which you flash. Luckily, everything worked and I am running froyo with no problems. My confusion comes with the new cwm. When I go to restore I get my normal blue screen, hit update.zip and it takes me to the "old" green cwm. My "new" cwm is called newcwm.zip, and it is on the base of my sd card. Should i go to install zip from sd card while in
"old" cwm and select newcwm.zip to get to the "new" cwm? Should I rename newcwm.zip to update.zip and delete original update.zip? Should I be scolded and my phone taken away from me? I really want to try Adrynalyne's dl30 .7, but I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing you did because the red recovery wasn't working for me. I could flash but not everything would work. This new cwm fixed that and now I'm running froyo just fine.

Reactions: curt1972

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
There's been a lot of hit or miss with both Red and the "new" CWM. It's worked flawlessly for some, and not so nicely for others. The biggest complaint I've come across from people using the new CWM is that a lot of them are having issues with SMS and MMS sending/receiving. Again though, it's hit or miss.

Reactions: curt1972

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There's been a lot of hit or miss with both Red and the "new" CWM. It's worked flawlessly for some, and not so nicely for others. The biggest complaint I've come across from people using the new CWM is that a lot of them are having issues with SMS and MMS sending/receiving. Again though, it's hit or miss.

I flashed the whole package DL30_cwm.zip file, and it worked out well for me. I've since pushed red CWM with odin, and also had no troubles. I skipped the cache and data wipes. I'm not sure if this is a solution or my luck, but everything is working fine for me. I had a friend test my SMS capabilities and what not as well.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

For some reason the red wouldn't wipe my data and after I flashed dl30 the first time the home button didn't work and I had no lock screen. I was coming from Voodoo so I had the red recovery on dl09.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000