not impressed with DL30

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow I wonder if we're talking about the same DL30 leak because mines running smoother then any ROM i've ever flashed before.

There is absolutely no lag whatsoever on mine. In and out of apps and the app drawer are smooth as you'd expect it to be.

I can mount to my computer without issues anymore.

There is 0 popping audio.

I don't need a lockscreen app for my phone calls. I used to mute and hang up on people with my face but the sensor seems to be fixed.

I can get on some of my favorite sites that have Flash.

The jury it still out on battery life but I got a desk charger and a car charger that I'm never far away from.

All this on DL30 stock leak. I'm so happy I'm not gonna even bother with the super clean. I got LauncherPro hiding the apps I don't use in the app drawer. Just uncheck them off the list and they don't show up.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was just saying that everyone is so mad about the late update that they will find any reason to hate froyo,,,,

i freaking love it especially the cut, copy , place and edit functions ,

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just saying that everyone is so mad about the late update that they will find any reason to hate froyo,,,,

AMEN! Awesome, awesome stuff. I love the new pull down options too. Brightness slide on the pull down also did me the favor of removing a widget from my home screen! (press and hold on the notification bar, slide left and right to change brightness if anyone's going HUH?) Adjustable haptic feedback is nice, improved volume adjustment set up for ring/notification tones is nicer, tabbed arrangement in manage applications is freakin sweet.

All in all i'll say there's a lot to love about it. If you need exchange e-mail for work you shouldn't be hacking your phone to put your job at risk if you ask me. It runs REALLY smooth for me, both on touchwiz and ADW launcher. Once I get my battery life squared up (chasing a couple culprits right now) I'll be totally satisfied.

Reactions: JeremytheIndian

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I really like it! Every function works smoother for me. Only issue I have is the battery drained fast. Am trying the fix now. Probably stick with this setup for a good long time, let the roms work their way out. This leak covers everything I wanted fixed in the phone, hope the battery fix works.

crakedparrot

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
For me it's the ui speed issues combined with the exchange PIN/Password and syncing issues that pushed me back to DL09.

I wouldn't be shocked if this IS the final release. If it is i probably won't use it.

Dude, I'm on exchange as well and have a 4 char pin, no special char, unlimited pin entry attempts and sync is real time push. I receive my email almost instantly and meeting requests process without so much as a hiccup, corporate directory delivers without any lag whatsoever.

No disrespect intended but are you sure it's DL30 and not your exchange server settings/policies?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow I wonder if we're talking about the same DL30 leak because mines running smoother then any ROM i've ever flashed before.

There is absolutely no lag whatsoever on mine. In and out of apps and the app drawer are smooth as you'd expect it to be.

I can mount to my computer without issues anymore.

There is 0 popping audio.

I don't need a lockscreen app for my phone calls. I used to mute and hang up on people with my face but the sensor seems to be fixed.

I can get on some of my favorite sites that have Flash.

The jury it still out on battery life but I got a desk charger and a car charger that I'm never far away from.

All this on DL30 stock leak. I'm so happy I'm not gonna even bother with the super clean. I got LauncherPro hiding the apps I don't use in the app drawer. Just uncheck them off the list and they don't show up.

im gonna have to agree. ive ru all the dl roms and they seem pretty good. a few bugs, but what the heck its a leak. nothing that isnt more than mad up for by all the improvemnets. i cant wait to see what the final release will be like the the leak is this good. the only thing is the battery blows goats. adrys superclean v.08 seems to have the best battery life for me . probably because he tweaked the kernel some.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is against forum rules or not... :)

Haters_Gonna_Hate.gif

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is my .02.
Before deciding to ditch my BB which I loved, I did my research before buying the FASN8.
- I discovered that the phone had good hardware for my standards, and that was important to me for upgrading the OS in the future.

- I knew the battery life was a lot worse than a BB but could always buy an extended battery (which I did not) and am never too far from a charger if need be.

- I also knew that 2.1 was on the phone and although Sammy/VZW said 2.2 would come out, there is NEVER a guarantee so I took my chances as I wanted the better hardware (see point #1)

- Technology changes by the minute so if you do your homework prior to a purchase there should not be any buyers remorse (and subsequently there should be no bitc$ing either). :)

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with the leak. I had set my expectations pretty low after going through two mediocre maintenance release upgrades. After DL09 I decided to root and was running the superclean, and I was reasonably happy with that.

Since I was already rooted, I loaded DL30 using the procedure described at XDA. I just downloaded the new CWM and DL30 zips to the SD card straight from the Fascinate's browser, and used the existing CWM to wipe and reset, then to flash the new DL30 and the new CWM. Unbelievably simple and fast - the only problem I had was that I could not restore back to any Nandroid backups I made with DL05/09. When I tried to restore to them the phone would reboot and stay stuck at the Samsung screen.

I have successfully backed up and restored DL30 several times. I have since learned that my older Nandroid backups won't restore because of the different DL30 kernel. I don't really need them anymore now anyway.

For the first time since getting this phone in September I feel like I'm using a solid product that is not all cluttered up with Verizon greedware. It feels smooth, solid and fast. I think I'm seeing better battery life. I was having a nagging 3G Mobile Hotspot issue where data flow would bog down and stall after being connected for a while, and that seems to be resolved now. I am very happy and satisfied with the phone now. Verizon would be doing a great service to themselves and their customers get this pushed to the masses asap.

Reactions: rapideyemovement

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Safe to say that staying with DJ05 won't be a problem then?

Maybe I should reiterate(Spelling?) that. I was on a Droid X for the longest time, and the FroYo came along after all the hype and I was pretty underwhelmed by the whole ordeal, I don't really see FroYo as being needed, however, first chance I get I'll grab some Cyanogen Mod, cause thats gotta be awesome.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

If you need exchange e-mail for work you shouldn't be hacking your phone to put your job at risk if you ask me.

^^This. I hate to say it, but if this phone was for work, I'd go back to DL09.

and despite being stock DL30, I'm loving the way my phone works. the new functions on Froyo along with app support outweigh the bugs that came with this leak, imo.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The only thing holding me back from updating is the hotspot monitoring issue that someone posted about in a few other forums. I don't use my rooted phone alot for this, but I don't want Verizon nagging me about this at a later time.

Any thoughts on this hotshot monitoring issue?

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok just to check back in... I found my issue, and it's one I can't really do anything about ATM...

My google account keeps hanging on Calendar sync. All the market/FC/freezing/black screen problems I was having go back to this screwing up the gApps. As soon as I uncheck "sync calendar" from my google account, everything runs like a DREAM. Check that Calendar button, and everything google related hangs and goes right down the tubes.

Now that THAT is squared away, I'm fairly impressed with this leak.

And even more impressed with SuperClean .9, with the SNS/FB/TW stuff added back in. Exactly what I would cook up in a ROM myself!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown