Rom Manager and New Red CW for 30

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is it okay to go ahead and flash this through ROM Manager?

Here is what i did,,,, i used Red to get to DL30 then after i flashed new_cmw ,, then i downloaded rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery, then rebooted into recovery,,,,done

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is what i did,,,, i used Red to get to DL30 then after i flashed new_cmw ,, then i downloaded rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery, then rebooted into recovery,,,,done

I followed the instructions here to put DL30 on, put it on, then did the red cw. Re-installed my apps via Ti, and see the old cw (green) in ROM Mgr. Did not know if it was okay to flash it there after getting to this point.

Nope, goes to green from Recovery in ROM Mgr, but red when I do it from being off.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions here to put DL30 on, put it on, then did the red cw. Re-installed my apps via Ti, and see the old cw (green) in ROM Mgr. Did not know if it was okay to flash it there after getting to this point.

Nope, goes to green from Recovery in ROM Mgr, but red when I do it from being off.

apply update.zip from red

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Just allows you tio enter green clockwork from red

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Excuse teh stupid question, but what is the point in having red and green and whatever colors there are if you keep going back to the green to do anything or doesn't it make any difference when it comes to flashing something?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
New green was optimized for froyo i guess, im getting better results with it in froyo, before i couldnt do a nandroid backup with red but went through easy with green

Reactions: vluc

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
New green was optimized for froyo i guess, im getting better results with it in froyo, before i couldnt do a nandroid backup with red but went through easy with green

Just to validate this issue, i tried to back up through red and couldn't, but i used update.zip to get into new green, and it completed a back up.

jrs1035

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone provide a link to the update green cwm? EDIT: Got the new_cwm

It sounds like to make a nandroid backup of DL30 I need to flash new_cwm (via cwm red, apply update.zip?), select flash clockworkmod recovery in ROM Manager, then reebot into recovery. Is this correct?

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
so from the start, when DL30 first came out there wasn't the new green cwm. if I flash it now, will I need to reflash DL30? I'm kind of being lazy and don't feel like starting from scratch even tho I probably should!

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone provide a link to the update green cwm? EDIT: Got the new_cwm

It sounds like to make a nandroid backup of DL30 I need to flash new_cwm (via cwm red, apply update.zip?), select flash clockworkmod recovery in ROM Manager, then reebot into recovery. Is this correct?

New CWM

This will allow you to download a .zip file that you can just flash from the CWM you have now. It will replace whatever you have installed.

s004kcg

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
i could not back up through red CWM and had a hard time even trying to load the green cwm through odin, every time i tried the update.zip step, said it could not find the file, finally i rebooted into recovery via ROM manager, flashed the New CWM, and was then able to back up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781