Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

Default Rom Manager and New Red CW for 30

Is it okay to go ahead and flash this through ROM Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by vluc View Post
    I would say push it via odin just to be safe.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    I would say push it via odin just to be safe.
    flog a nun!!! sheepy you crack me up!!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Here is what i did,,,, i used Red to get to DL30 then after i flashed new_cmw ,, then i downloaded rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery, then rebooted into recovery,,,,done
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Here is what i did,,,, i used Red to get to DL30 then after i flashed new_cmw ,, then i downloaded rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery, then rebooted into recovery,,,,done
    I followed the instructions here to put DL30 on, put it on, then did the red cw. Re-installed my apps via Ti, and see the old cw (green) in ROM Mgr. Did not know if it was okay to flash it there after getting to this point.

Nope, goes to green from Recovery in ROM Mgr, but red when I do it from being off.

Nope, goes to green from Recovery in ROM Mgr, but red when I do it from being off.
    yeah, that's the way it's made

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I followed the instructions here to put DL30 on, put it on, then did the red cw. Re-installed my apps via Ti, and see the old cw (green) in ROM Mgr. Did not know if it was okay to flash it there after getting to this point.

apply update.zip from red
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

apply update.zip from red
    Doesn't that just load what you flash in ROM Mgr, the green? Or is update created when you first put CW in through Odin?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Just allows you tio enter green clockwork from red
    Doesn't that just load what you flash in ROM Mgr, the green? Or is update created when you first put CW in through Odin?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    vluc 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

Just allows you tio enter green clockwork from red

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Excuse teh stupid question, but what is the point in having red and green and whatever colors there are if you keep going back to the green to do anything or doesn't it make any difference when it comes to flashing something?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

So is the recommendation to flash the new green cwm?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

New green was optimized for froyo i guess, im getting better results with it in froyo, before i couldnt do a nandroid backup with red but went through easy with green
    Thanked by:
    vluc 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

New green was optimized for froyo i guess, im getting better results with it in froyo, before i couldnt do a nandroid backup with red but went through easy with green
    Good deal. Through Odin or through CW Red?

Just to validate this issue, i tried to back up through red and couldn't, but i used update.zip to get into new green, and it completed a back up.

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Can anyone provide a link to the update green cwm? EDIT: Got the new_cwm

It sounds like to make a nandroid backup of DL30 I need to flash new_cwm (via cwm red, apply update.zip?), select flash clockworkmod recovery in ROM Manager, then reebot into recovery. Is this correct?
    Last edited by jrs1035; 02-03-2011 at 12:21 PM.

so from the start, when DL30 first came out there wasn't the new green cwm. if I flash it now, will I need to reflash DL30? I'm kind of being lazy and don't feel like starting from scratch even tho I probably should!

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1035 View Post
    Can anyone provide a link to the update green cwm? EDIT: Got the new_cwm

It sounds like to make a nandroid backup of DL30 I need to flash new_cwm (via cwm red, apply update.zip?), select flash clockworkmod recovery in ROM Manager, then reebot into recovery. Is this correct?
    New CWM

This will allow you to download a .zip file that you can just flash from the CWM you have now. It will replace whatever you have installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmei2 View Post
    so from the start, when DL30 first came out there wasn't the new green cwm. if I flash it now, will I need to reflash DL30? I'm kind of being lazy and don't feel like starting from scratch even tho I probably should!
    No, just flash it over the CWM you have now.

i could not back up through red CWM and had a hard time even trying to load the green cwm through odin, every time i tried the update.zip step, said it could not find the file, finally i rebooted into recovery via ROM manager, flashed the New CWM, and was then able to back up.