WIFI Skype on Verizon Fascinate with DL30 works

mbmst25

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out how to get Skype to work on wifi on my verizon fascinate when I am out of the country and don't have a CDMA network to make calls through. After rooting and loading all of the previous roms (DJ05 and DL09 of various types) and then downloading the non-verizon version of skype I was never able to actually log in.

Today I installed Superclean DL30 over DL09 modem and Skype over WiFi works like a champ!!!!

Good work to everyone who got this out and everything else to make this phone amazing.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out how to get Skype to work on wifi on my verizon fascinate when I am out of the country and don't have a CDMA network to make calls through. After rooting and loading all of the previous roms (DJ05 and DL09 of various types) and then downloading the non-verizon version of skype I was never able to actually log in.

Today I installed Superclean DL30 over DL09 modem and Skype over WiFi works like a champ!!!!

Good work to everyone who got this out and everything else to make this phone amazing.

The previous version of Skype (Skype mobile for Verizon, or whatever they called it) was a scam - it wasn't VOIP at all, it just placed calls over the cellular network - it counted against your cellular minutes AND you needed a Skype subscription, so essentially all calls through Skype Mobile were double charged. I have no idea who at Verizon and Skype thought that was a good idea.

But now that we have 2.2, the full, *real* Skype app will install and run. I'm pretty happy too, since I use Skype quite a bit and it was a PITA to not have it available on the phone.

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is awesome. Was going to be traveling in a few months and was trying to figure out a way to make calls without international roaming. Anyone know if there is a way to use google voice over wifi, or is it data only?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith