CW won't work after DL30?

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this was ever mentioned... i did catch up to about page 25 of the DL30 thread and skimmed through the rest and i read all of the new superclean thread and I don't think anyone had this problem so can someone help me out?
Long story short, I went back to stock DL09 and followed the directions and have DL30 up and running. But both of my recoveries give me this when i try to wipe anything "E:can't mount /dev/block/stl11 (no such file or directory)"
i've tried to flash the ROM and it goes through the installation process but then it hangs on the reboot... i let it sit for about 30 mins, but the very first time i upgraded it didnt take this long... i went through this process more than a handful of times going from stock DL09 and building up... dunno wut i'm doing wrong. The first time i upgraded, I was on voodoo. So i disabled voodoo, let it reboot, turned it off, went back into red recovery and checked that voodoo was disabled, then i went and flashed Adryn's test 2 NV kernel. Once i was there i proceeded with the DL30 upgrade, then the DL30 ROM and it was fine that first time... but basically i tried some other things that ended up bricking my phone so i went back to square 1 and now i'm having this problem... going to stock and back up doesn't seem to resolve this... i know i'm missing something, someone point me the right way

**EDIT**
I'm an idiot... but incase other noobs out there get confused... what I was doing was trying to flash via old CW i guess... i went into rom manager, rebooted to recovery, it was green. Then i did apply update.zip which took me to the New? green recovery where i was able to do what i needed to do without getting errors. All i know is that they look exactly the same but when i go into it by applying update.zip, i'm able to do my wipes

Last edited:

crystal52307

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When I choose update.zip the yellow bar at the bottom goes 1/4 of the way then stops and goes back to stock recovery. When I flashed my recovery through odin I used the one for dl09. Do I need to use a different one? Also I tried the new red but it completely bricked my phone and I had to go back to complete stock to fix. Ive been playing aground with rom manager and this stuff for awhile and have helped many friends root and customize their fascinate but this has me stumped.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this was ever mentioned... i did catch up to about page 25 of the DL30 thread and skimmed through the rest and i read all of the new superclean thread and I don't think anyone had this problem so can someone help me out?
Long story short, I went back to stock DL09 and followed the directions and have DL30 up and running. But both of my recoveries give me this when i try to wipe anything "E:can't mount /dev/block/stl11 (no such file or directory)"
i've tried to flash the ROM and it goes through the installation process but then it hangs on the reboot... i let it sit for about 30 mins, but the very first time i upgraded it didnt take this long... i went through this process more than a handful of times going from stock DL09 and building up... dunno wut i'm doing wrong. The first time i upgraded, I was on voodoo. So i disabled voodoo, let it reboot, turned it off, went back into red recovery and checked that voodoo was disabled, then i went and flashed Adryn's test 2 NV kernel. Once i was there i proceeded with the DL30 upgrade, then the DL30 ROM and it was fine that first time... but basically i tried some other things that ended up bricking my phone so i went back to square 1 and now i'm having this problem... going to stock and back up doesn't seem to resolve this... i know i'm missing something, someone point me the right way

**EDIT**
I'm an idiot... but incase other noobs out there get confused... what I was doing was trying to flash via old CW i guess... i went into rom manager, rebooted to recovery, it was green. Then i did apply update.zip which took me to the New? green recovery where i was able to do what i needed to do without getting errors. All i know is that they look exactly the same but when i go into it by applying update.zip, i'm able to do my wipes

When I choose update.zip the yellow bar at the bottom goes 1/4 of the way then stops and goes back to stock recovery. When I flashed my recovery through odin I used the one for dl09. Do I need to use a different one? Also I tried the new red but it completely bricked my phone and I had to go back to complete stock to fix. Ive been playing aground with rom manager and this stuff for awhile and have helped many friends root and customize their fascinate but this has me stumped.

I believe both of you have a similar problem in that you do not have the current update.zip file and/or it is in the wrong place. Give me just a few minutes to read your entire posts and make sure I have everything correct before giving you a solution.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, first off forget about Rom Manager. Most of us here have come to the conclusion it does you no good with the new red cwm. Where do both of you want to end up? If you want Froyo (2.2), then the latest release is EB01 and we can get you there pretty easily. DroidXcon has put all-in-one packages together that will get you there as long as you follow the instructions explicitly