How To Improve Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So to my understanding, you should be at 100% when you flash any ROM thats when the phone starts the whole reporting process all over again. Then it wouldnt be necessary to wipe bstats after starting up a new ROM?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I am pretty new to nandroid back-ups and I had a quick question. Earlier today, I charged my phone, turned off and charged, then charged, and ran the battstats in Terminal Emulator. My battery hasn't drained all the way so I haven't been able to do the full charge on it yet. My question is, will performing a nandroid back-up negate the bstats wipe, since I wiped the stats after my last back-up? Might be a dumb question, but I want to make sure I do the batt wipe correctly. Thanks for any input.

I don't think that was a dumb question at all. I think it was an excellent question that a lot of people will have.

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a very helpful thread, newb but been doing alot of rom and theme flashing recently. Noticed today that my phone says battery is at 100 then when i unplug to use it reads in the 70s, so def not right. Going to try this process and see how it works. Thinking about juice defender as well, will that help with battery life after i finish resetting the battery readings.

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have tried juice defender before and it seems to me like I may not be getting messages and stuff in a timely manner with it. Can anyone recommend some good settings to use in Juice Defender? Sorry for the N00B question.

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can't wipe battery stats in cwm. It is not working. If you are running superclean 2.6 or higher it includes Adrynalyne's battery stat script. You have to download terminal emulator from the market, open it up, type su next to the $ sign, should say super user permission granted and you should see a # sign. Next to the # sign type bstats. After a few seconds you phone will reboot. Make sure to only do this when the battery is completely charged to 100%. Do that by charging to 100%, turn phone off with charger still attached, charge to 100% while off, turn on, let it charge to 100% again, then run terminal emulator. If you are not running sc 2.6 or higher you can download the bstat file from the first post of Adrynalyne's superclean thread here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/53810-rom-superclean-2-8-updated.html

This worked for me. It does take a couple of days to notice results, but everyday, my battery life continues to increase.
One thing I noticed, is shutting off the wifi helps tremendously. Otherwise, it's constantly searching for connections. I have noticed no difference whether I leave the GPS on or not (so I leave it on).

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have tried juice defender before and it seems to me like I may not be getting messages and stuff in a timely manner with it. Can anyone recommend some good settings to use in Juice Defender? Sorry for the N00B question.

Well every person has their own preferences when it comes to data and syncing but heres my setup:

controls: data
schedule: none
triggers: Batt 15%, screen (after unlock, ignore on low batt), traffic 50KB/15s
apps running: Visible Maps, Market, Pandora, Dolphin Browser

Profile is set at advanced
AutoSync: disabled
Screen: Enabled

Give these a try or choose a preset profile and see which one works for you the best. Hope this helps!

Les3631

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have SC2.9.1 and am running juice defender on the default settings, I haven't noticed any lag in receiving text msgs, data is re enabled quickly when needed. I just checked my stats and JD says in the last 48hrs it has increased my battery x6.0+. I also followed gunners "how to" battery after flashing the 2.9.1 patch.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

joe007

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Mike, OP, I did exactly as you wrote and not I am back to 100% for a good amount of time! Had my phone since 11/2010 and this is the first time I have used the wipe battery stat option.

On a related topic is this fix battery or device specific? I am the one who warned you about the cheap i9000 batteries and not to charge them in your phone / car dock. Will I have to do the for each battery or is it device specific?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Mike, OP, I did exactly as you wrote and not I am back to 100% for a good amount of time! Had my phone since 11/2010 and this is the first time I have used the wipe battery stat option.

On a related topic is this fix battery or device specific? I am the one who warned you about the cheap i9000 batteries and not to charge them in your phone / car dock. Will I have to do the for each battery or is it device specific?

the clear battery stats isnt working like it should. i will update the op later today with adrys clear bat command. i should have done it a long time ago. lazy.

i dont know how non stock batteries will work. i havent gotten mine. eeerrr. they said shipping takes a while. they werent kidding. i will have to figure this part out when my batteries get here. i think you will have to clear bat stats for each battery. the phone doesnt read the battery, it reads the computer on the battery.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
did the clear stats after chargimg to 100% drained charded again to 100 turned off topped off bat turned on topped off again lost 20% since 6am now 11am not sure if it's any better than before.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
did the clear stats after chargimg to 100% drained charded again to 100 turned off topped off bat turned on topped off again lost 20% since 6am now 11am not sure if it's any better than before.

I've posted in this thread before I did not really see noticeable results from this method for a couple of days. Give it time and see if it gets better.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks landshark will keep an eye on it for the next couple of days also thanks for all you do on the froyo threads have read a lot and took the plunge on debloat and it rocks.:D

Last edited:

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Updated to 2.9 a few days ago and everything is working pretty well except for the battery draining issue. Is there another way to fix the Bat Stat. issue? I was going to try the OP but I see in a few earlier posts that Gunnermike thinks that isn't working anymore. Any other ideas? thanks in advance.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Updated to 2.9 a few days ago and everything is working pretty well except for the battery draining issue. Is there another way to fix the Bat Stat. issue? I was going to try the OP but I see in a few earlier posts that Gunnermike thinks that isn't working anymore. Any other ideas? thanks in advance.

give me a minute.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Now thats quick service. Gunnermike, all you guys in the forums, have been a great help. Nice to know there's knowledgable people out there willing to devote the time to help us get the most out of our phones.

glad to help. dont forget to thank sharkster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781