Accidently updated.

levelxplane

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I guess I deserve it.

So, I rooted my Fascinate a while ago, and it was right after the last firmware update with the broken Emergency Call button on the lockscreen. I didn't think much of it because I never use the password screen.

So all was fine, but then there was a patch for the Emergency Button, and I absent mindedly updated my phone. Now I'm blocked out of Superuser functions, and my phone is running extremely slow.

Is there anything I can do to "unroot" my phone, or root it again?

I followed instructions for a manual root with Windows 7 command prompt, which I found somewhere on these forums. It had instructions to unroot, but I can't remember where it was.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I guess I deserve it.

So, I rooted my Fascinate a while ago, and it was right after the last firmware update with the broken Emergency Call button on the lockscreen. I didn't think much of it because I never use the password screen.

So all was fine, but then there was a patch for the Emergency Button, and I absent mindedly updated my phone. Now I'm blocked out of Superuser functions, and my phone is running extremely slow.

Is there anything I can do to "unroot" my phone, or root it again?

I followed instructions for a manual root with Windows 7 command prompt, which I found somewhere on these forums. It had instructions to unroot, but I can't remember where it was.

you will have to re root. best bet is to flash one of the froyo roms, they rock.

levelxplane

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
thats part of the process of flashing a rom. atleast it should be. select wipe data and then select wipe cache.

wow. it worked. thank you sososososo much. your title really fits you!

So what can i do with this Froyo(2.2? right?) now?

Should I root it again? I loved that extra battery life from JuiceDefender, and ScreenCaps. should I take any precautions this time?

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Should I root it again? I loved that extra battery life from JuiceDefender, and ScreenCaps. should I take any precautions this time?

If you flashed 2.2 your already rooted.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

lol. glad it worked for you. my name refers to my af job. i was a helicopter gunner on mh53's and my mane is mike. its been my screen name for about 12 years now, glad you liked it.

best thing is to play with it. we have native flash a working car dock, copy and paste.