Google Search after DL30?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!
I did my flash of Froyo last night and so far, nearly everything is perfect. The couple of minor things there are, I can either deal with or know how to fix and just haven't yet.

I do have a question. I read in Cory's sticky that Google Search is included. Well, after I flashed last night, I still get Bing as my default. I'll admit I've not searched every single post (had to get some sleep sometime! :)) Is there something I missed?

Thanks again for all you guys do! This is an incredible group!

Bruce

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!
I did my flash of Froyo last night and so far, nearly everything is perfect. The couple of minor things there are, I can either deal with or know how to fix and just haven't yet.

I do have a question. I read in Cory's sticky that Google Search is included. Well, after I flashed last night, I still get Bing as my default. I'll admit I've not searched every single post (had to get some sleep sometime! :)) Is there something I missed?

Thanks again for all you guys do! This is an incredible group!

Bruce

ar you on the leak? if so switch to either superclean or rubiks .3. the leak is a bit buggy and bloated. adrynalyne did a great job of working out most of the bugs. you should also see a little bet better battery life aswell. rubiks .3 is very similar, its themed a little different, but very debloated and debugged. superclean does give you more options as far as things ou can add.

the leak is also stock vzw. so google is an option, but cant be your default.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Mike. I did just see the Google Search App, so figured it must be an option, but not default.

I have a question for you, which is a little OT from my original question (hope this is ok), but since you mentioned SuperClean; Is there a list of what apps are removed from the Superclean rom somewhere? And my somewhat larger concern is if something is removed that I'd want to use, where would I go, or how would I be able to get that app installed?

Thanks!

**EDIT** Never mind that. I just read the first page of the post (guess that helps, huh? LOL) I guess I'm just nervous going to a superclean and trying to add a few things back. for example, I use the Nuance App sometimes and would hate to be without it, but I'm not familiar with Clockwork enough to know how to install an APK

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Mike. I did just see the Google Search App, so figured it must be an option, but not default.

I have a question for you, which is a little OT from my original question (hope this is ok), but since you mentioned SuperClean; Is there a list of what apps are removed from the Superclean rom somewhere? And my somewhat larger concern is if something is removed that I'd want to use, where would I go, or how would I be able to get that app installed?

Thanks!

he gives a list of all the stuff done to the rom (change log). he also gives you the option to add all that stuff back. anything that isnt in the rom you can always dl later. its best to start with as little as possible and add what you want later.

Reactions: brucedbr

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Makav.
Actually, I was talking about google as being the default search on the phone. Not that it was a big deal to me. I was jsut curious. But now I realize I posted the question too soon, as it's not going to be the default, but I can install the Google Search Widget.

I'm going to try and do a little more reading on flashing. Last night I flashed to the Leak Build of Froyo, but I followed Cory's instruction to the letter. I need to know if flashing with the SuperClean rom is similar, or where it's different, and other than the ROM itself, where do I get the other files that run through Odin...etc. I'm still not fully familiar with all the ins and outs.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Once you flashed the fl30, you dont need odin to flash roms, just boot into clockwork, wipe data/cache, then just install zip from sdcard, that zip would be your superclean.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Makav. I think I'll try that tonight. I'm a little more brave afer the flash to dl30 worked, following Cory's post to the letter. But I'm still nervous! :) But I have to do this, as today, back on a bloated rom, my battery barley lasted until midday before it bleeped it needed charging.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Makav, or anyone that can answer, I want to clarify something. I want to flash the SuperClean of DL30. I'm on the leak right now. I never did a wipe before flashing to the leak. Since I'm going to a SuperClean, should I do a wipe? Can I just put the zip on my card and then use CW to flash it? I know I'd do a ROM backup and a Titanimum backup prior, but is that all?

Thanks for any assistance. Just a bit nervous, that's all!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Makav, or anyone that can answer, I want to clarify something. I want to flash the SuperClean of DL30. I'm on the leak right now. I never did a wipe before flashing to the leak. Since I'm going to a SuperClean, should I do a wipe? Can I just put the zip on my card and then use CW to flash it? I know I'd do a ROM backup and a Titanimum backup prior, but is that all?

Thanks for any assistance. Just a bit nervous, that's all!

always wipe when you flash a new rom.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So what's that look like? Download new rom to sd card, boot into clockwork, wipe, and then choose install from sd and select the new rom? Is this same procedure used when installing themes (minus the wipe - as if you're installing over the top of the existing rom)? Thanks in advance.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Also - could someone check their widgets for me to see if they have 2 google search widgets? I had the google search replacement installed back when running stock 2.1, and then after I flashed to stock DL30 it gave me some issues until I found it and erased it. Unfortunately I think it lives on somewhere, and I just don't know where, because I have 2 google search widgets. Anyone else?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Brett!
In answer to your first question, from my understanding, you're right on installing the ROM> However, I think I realized why my flash to Super Clean didn't work so well. I did a Factory Reset, as indicated by Chris' instructions on the dl30 leak, but I didn't do the wipe cache through CW.

Maybe I'll try that later tonight when I get home. I TRULY like the DL30 build, but I can't deal with the battery going dead by 3pm!!

Now, your other question about installing a theme, I would imagine that's right, but I've never installed a theme.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Mike:
Question,is there an app to show the % of the battery? All i have is the battery icon thing. How do I show the %?

As always, thanks for the help, dude!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11