phone reset for no reason, saw "beady little red eyes" before livewallpaper turned on

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have dl30 installed. I swear my phone reset for no reason, then after the reboot and before my honeycomb live wallpaper turned on I saw these "beady little red eyes" for like 3 seconds. What could this be?

the eyes look like this

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_vDhUb_kI77o/SykuNm0TO5I/AAAAAAAAKL4/Cy_Ote6uipM/IMG_2177.JPG

obviously that picture is not from my phone.

Sounds haunted as hell to me. Dip it in a bucket of holy water, have it blessed, and those eyes will never come up again! (Don't really, i'm at a loss so I figured i'd make a funny :cool:.)

Reactions: SSmaster

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: SSmaster

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
sounds like a voodoo thing but thats just a guess, i highly doubt its a virus though

I had to re-installed my modem because I lost all phone service. I used a link corey gave me, and this happened about 5 hours later after I had been using my phone a lot.... I don't ever recall installing any voodoo roms.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had to re-installed my modem because I lost all phone service. I used a link corey gave me, and this happened about 5 hours later after I had been using my phone a lot.... I don't ever recall installing any voodoo roms.

did you use red clockwork recovery?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I used ODIN to install the modem. I am pretty sure I have used red clockwork recovery to install green clockwork recovery. I have been using green to install a few things here and there.

if your runing froyo you need to get rid of the green and reflash the NEW red. those eyes were me watching you:eek:. lol.jk. i have not heard of any one getting a virus on these phones. im sure it can happen but more than likely it is part of a program that got dorked using the wrong clock work.

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm voting part of a bootanimation because I had one of the red themes in the theme section and it booted weird with some red stuff (not sure if it was eyes) but I disliked the theme, cleared cache and fact. reset and flashed a new theme and fixed my problem. Maybe you need to do the same thing?

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't been able to replicate the beady little eyes, I am going to flash red clockwork as soon as I get a phone call I'm waiting for.

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did have a folder on my sd card named voodoo. Can't recall ever going out of my way to install voodoo on the phone so maybe that is what caused it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49