Ok noob question

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I have already flashed dl30 but now I want to add a them but I have no idea how to do this. I see alot of people have midnight them but I don't see how to do this. Please help a noob out. I've gotten brave ha ha

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have already flashed dl30 but now I want to add a them but I have no idea how to do this. I see alot of people have midnight them but I don't see how to do this. Please help a noob out. I've gotten brave ha ha

First make sure its a comptible theme, then download it , put it on your sd card and flash ith through clockwork the way you did to get DL30.

Be aware if it is not a compatible theme you may get stuck having to use odin to flash to stock. NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW!!!!:-\:confused:

Reactions: Krook

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
How do I know if the theme is compatible with my rom? And since I'm already rommed do I just power down my phone and hold vol. Up and down and the button and just install from sd EXACTLY like I did the rom? And will this wipe everything out again?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It won't wipe anything if you don't choose to, and for a theme you won't need to. Just be sure where you are getting the theme from it explicitly says it's for DL30

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I really appreciate it guys. it was easier then i thought ha ha. now if i can only get brave enough to try out kernals and lagfixes. can you guys post a link explaining these? i cant search the forums from my phone:(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I really appreciate it guys. it was easier then i thought ha ha. now if i can only get brave enough to try out kernals and lagfixes. can you guys post a link explaining these? i cant search the forums from my phone:(

kernels are the same thing, download it, put it on your sd card and flash it, you dont need to wipe anything and you wont loose anything as long as it is a compatible kernel with your firmware

here is a post that gunner mike wrote up about voodoo,,,although im still now a fan of voodoo. i see a slight difference but i dont think think its worth the headaches if something goes wrong but others may disagree
http://forum.androidcentral.com/574191-post9.html

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks but i dont see any kernals yet available for 2.2. i guess i wait lol. I also see no lagfix for 2.2 as well?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks but i dont see any kernals yet available for 2.2. i guess i wait lol. I also see no lagfix for 2.2 as well?

Yep there are no kernels for froyo yet , developers dont have the code to make custom ones yet so you have to use the one that comes available with that package