Just flashed the new leaked DL30 Froyo

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Fascinate, and I just flashed it to the Leaked Froyo update that Cory posted. I got it to work fine, and everything seems to be working well, but I was wondering if I can do anything to put a new theme or something on it. I like the interface, but I am looking for a different battery icon in the notification bar like so many of these themes have. I am just at a loss as to how to get something like that. I am very new to all this and am basically just following directions. If I could have some rather detailed instructions as to how I could put a different theme on my phone, I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if this thread has been started somewhere before. Just redirect me if it has. Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Fascinate, and I just flashed it to the Leaked Froyo update that Cory posted. I got it to work fine, and everything seems to be working well, but I was wondering if I can do anything to put a new theme or something on it. I like the interface, but I am looking for a different battery icon in the notification bar like so many of these themes have. I am just at a loss as to how to get something like that. I am very new to all this and am basically just following directions. If I could have some rather detailed instructions as to how I could put a different theme on my phone, I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if this thread has been started somewhere before. Just redirect me if it has. Thanks.
Here is the link to the thread with the themes

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...emes-kernels-list-links-updated-2-7-11-a.html

and here is a link for battery mods/notification bars

[MOD] Power options/Accurate Battery - DL30 - xda-developers

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but for some reason, I can't get into clockwork recovery, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong..
If you followed Cory's instructions, you have to have clockwork recovery. When you hold down (long press) the power button, what options come up on that menu?

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but for some reason, I can't get into clockwork recovery, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong..

can you get into the normal recovery??

if yes, then just apply update.zip, should load you into the CWM recovery.

If no, try the steps again, slowly and carefully.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I followed cory's steps and was able to log into clockwork recovery to flash the dl30, but every time i try the volume and power key recovery it just takes me to stock recovery. I try to update zip file and it shows a download screen, then flashes black and reboots. I was under the impression that when I flashed clockwork recovery with Odin once, I would not have to do it again? Was I wrong, if so, is there a different recovery file I have to flash since I'm on the DL30 rom now? Again, complete newbie, so any help would be great.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
and when I long press the power button I get Silent Mode, Mobile data Airplane mode, Power off..is that what you meant?

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I went to a link over at xda and replaced my update.zip and recovery file with the new one that he said would work with Froyo. Flashed the new recovery in Odin and applied the new update.zip in recovery mode and we're good to go!

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
SO I was just curious, I have the original froyo with the superdark theme on the sticky post. I was just wondering, are there different kernels for the dl30 and, if so, what do the kernels do exactly, and what are the advantages of using different ones? I'm don't have the term grasped completely. Lol

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SO I was just curious, I have the original froyo with the superdark theme on the sticky post. I was just wondering, are there different kernels for the dl30 and, if so, what do the kernels do exactly, and what are the advantages of using different ones? I'm don't have the term grasped completely. Lol
There are no separate kernels for DL30 yet. The froyo leak and Adrynalyne's super clean version have the kernels included.