Clockwork flashable Froyo EB01 with root and busybox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Here it is folks, in its bloated, ugly, and nasty touchwiz self. Kernel is included in the package. Rooted and busybox, only.

How to install, coming from Eclair:

1. Boot phone to download mode, and flash modem via Odin. Use pda button.
eb01modem.tar

2. Boot to clockwork recovery, and wipe data/factory reset. Then install rom.
eb01_stock.zip

Debloated, deodexed:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ucwc3zcb9841dtx

3. Before rebooting, also install the new clockwork package.
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for all (non-voodoo) ROMs - xda-developers
4. Boot up and enjoy...or hate. Your mileage may vary!

All the folks who helped check for watermarks...y'all know who ye are.
The leaker, who we ended up serving for dinner with a nice bisque. We named it Leaker Bisque. Patent pending.
Everyone should feel obligated to join IRC and give each and every dev a hug and a kiss for Valentine's day.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here it is folks, in its bloated, ugly, and nasty touchwiz self. Kernel is included in the package. Rooted and busybox, only.

How to install, coming from Eclair:

1. Boot phone to download mode, and flash modem via Odin. Use pda button.
eb01modem.tar

2. Boot to clockwork recovery, and wipe data/factory reset. Then install rom.
eb01_stock.zip

3. Before rebooting, also install the new clockwork package.
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for all (non-voodoo) ROMs - xda-developers
4. Boot up and enjoy...or hate. Your mileage may vary!

All the folks who helped check for watermarks...y'all know who ye are.
The leaker, who we ended up serving for dinner with a nice bisque. We named it Leaker Bisque. Patent pending.
Everyone should feel obligated to join IRC and give each and every dev a hug and a kiss for Valentine's day.
Thanks for getting this out Adrynalyne. But since I am enjoying my debloated DL30 sooooooo much I will wait for a debloated EB01. You rock.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance...but should this be better than the leaked dl30 cory postef? I'm noticing horrible battery life with it..if so, how would I flash it? Would above method work if I'm not coming from eclair?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance...but should this be better than the leaked dl30 cory postef? I'm noticing horrible battery life with it..if so, how would I flash it? Would above method work if I'm not coming from eclair?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reports are that EB01 has fixed some of the bugs we saw in DL30, so it's entirely possible your battery issues could improve with this leak.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just keep in mind like already pointed out, this is fully bloated and DOES have Bing for the search button and browser. Google search widget is included.

Edit: Thanks Adrynalyne!

Reactions: Aotek 42

preymond

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
my battery life has not improved all that much with eb01, just letting people know.

but other than that, this release is flawless so far, it runs great. maybe i'm being harsh on the battery factor, i'm just so used to undervolted

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
my battery life has not improved all that much with eb01, just letting people know.

but other than that, this release is flawless so far, it runs great. maybe i'm being harsh on the battery factor, i'm just so used to undervolted
You posted this 38 minutes after Adrynalyne's post with the EB01 link. Can you really judge the difference in battery life in only 38 minutes? Give it some time, Adrynalyne is a miracle worker. I have read in other posts where other people have said it takes a few cylces of charging and discharging a battery before they could really judge whether a new rom or build had any discernable difference on battery life.

EDIT*
Sorry, completely read right through the part where you said you are used to undervolted kernels. Adrynalyne posted in another thread he had to wait until he got the original source code before he could put out an undervolted kernel.

preymond

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
well, there are ways of getting updates faster than by waiting on the forums, but thats just folklore ;)

I can report tomorrow on my second battery cycle.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well, there are ways of getting updates faster than by waiting on the forums, but thats just folklore ;)

Son of a nutbuster! So what you'e saying is you got a guy that can get you things. Or at the very least, friends in low places. Nice to have connects.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

give it a few days u can except that ur battery will improve the minute you install it because your going to be setting it up and all and flashing everything.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

i heard this too but you need too..that being said i think it maybe a folklore or may not be...one may never know

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
hmm...the only thing that would make this morning better would be if it were friday. Installing odin on my work computer now. :D

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of your hard work, Adrynalyne!

You indicated install from Eclair, what about those of us on your de-bloated dl30? While I'll wait for you de-bloated version of eb01, not sure if I need to go back to dl09 or I can follow these instructions to install ebo1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech