[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

hoodeddemon

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool I feel a lil better now haha...One more dumb question lol do you think EB01_DXC.tar.md5 would be best for me being a noob an all or should I try another build?

Thanks for the help DroidXcon!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool I feel a lil better now haha...One more dumb question lol do you think EB01_DXC.tar.md5 would be best for me being a noob an all or should I try another build?

Thanks for the help DroidXcon!

well noob or veteran one is not any easier or harder than the other... if you like touchwiz and verizon apps go with that one,,,if you want something a little stripped down and smoother go with superclean 2.9

if you dont like it you can always go through the process and pick something else

hoodeddemon

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
well noob or veteran one is not any easier or harder than the other... if you like touchwiz and verizon apps go with that one,,,if you want something a little stripped down and smoother go with superclean 2.9

if you dont like it you can always go through the process and pick something else

Thanks DroidXcon I will keep you posted!

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sheepdog how can i put apps from my phone that's connected to my other phone i use as a back up ? can it be done ?

I use titanium backup to back up my apps. With titanium you can just copy and paste the titanium folder where ever you want. Some apps may not be to happy about it, but most will be fine.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i have a quick question... i have EB01 froyo on my phone but it is stock, and unrooted... if i wanted to root it, with red CWM and SC 2.9, could i just flash the file posted here that is a combo of all three right over top what i am running now? and how would i go about making a backup before hand if my current recovery doesnt give me the option? would i have to install red CWM before rooting and then do the backup?

thanks

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i have a quick question... i have EB01 froyo on my phone but it is stock, and unrooted... if i wanted to root it, with red CWM and SC 2.9, could i just flash the file posted here that is a combo of all three right over top what i am running now? and how would i go about making a backup before hand if my current recovery doesnt give me the option? would i have to install red CWM before rooting and then do the backup?

thanks

Hey dizz, you are already rooted. You can't have eb01 without being rooted

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having some issues trying to upgrade to SC 2.9. I can't get the damn sumsung drivers to install on my laptop, so I can't hold vol/power buttons to go to the manual download screen (that's without the battery in it). Any advice to fix this?

You don't hold the power button at all to enter manual download mode to use odin. Open odin, phone off, battery out, hold volume down button, connect phone to usb cable, continue holding vol down button until yellow rectangle appears on odin screen.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey dizz, you are already rooted. You can't have eb01 without being rooted

ok then i am confused, the title of the thread i installed this from was "Froyo EB01 FAQ Plus Stock Unrooted and Rooted Downloads" notice rooted and unrooted downloads...

here are the steps i took :

This a complete complete and untouched EB01 build that includes the radio, bootloader, boot image, etc. This is the full blown package that test Engineers use to flash phones. This is a great option for Noobies as it only requires 2 steps & is the equivalent of flashing your phone to stock without the need to troubleshoot force closes, etc. Q&A at the bottom.

Here are the 2 steps necessary to flash the full version of EB01 Froyo:

Download the release here.
Flash with ODIN (attached). Phone will reboot when finished.

If you do not have ODIN, or don't know how to use it, follow these steps:

Download the attached zipped ODIN file and extract ODIN file to your PC's desktop.
If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
Remove battery from phone.
Launch ODIN on PC.
Plug USB cable into phone.
Press and hold the volume-down key.
Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
Choose the CI500_VZW_EB01_FROYO_REL.tar.md5.tar file you downloaded in step in the first step at the top.
Phone will reboot when finished. Congrats, you now have Froyo.

Q&A:

Bloatware? Yes.
Can it be rooted? Yes. See this thread for instructions.
Will it wipe my phone? Yes.
Is there any reason to flash this if I am already on EB01? If you want the full build, untouched by any hackers, yes. This is also good for those who are having trouble (e.g., force closes) flashing using other packages that are not based off of this stock build. Otherwise, no.
I am using a Superclean ROM and really like it, should I flash this? Probably not.
Will I have to reinstall CWM? Yes. See post #3 for instructions.
How's the battery life? It seems to be reporting correctly now.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
so all that being said , are you sure you have to be rooted to have EB01? i will download titanium backup and find out, but i really dont think i am rooted. thats easy though, my main question is, can i install the SC 2.9 + root + red CWM right over top EB01? im pretty sure its a yes, but just want to doubkle check...

EDIT* I am NOT rooted landshark... just confirmed by downloading titanium backup, it says it " couldnt aquire root privelages" i didnt think i was, there is an unrooted version of EB01 to flash in that thread...

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably gonna want titanium backup. Named would replace the super clean rim with your old one. Use one click root first, then titanium if you want your apps and stuff back moved over to super clean. A nandroid could be handy in case you bork your phone though.

Reactions: bear_lx

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so all that being said , are you sure you have to be rooted to have EB01? i will download titanium backup and find out, but i really dont think i am rooted. thats easy though, my main question is, can i install the SC 2.9 + root + red CWM right over top EB01? im pretty sure its a yes, but just want to doubkle check...

EDIT* I am NOT rooted landshark... just confirmed by downloading titanium backup, it says it " couldnt aquire root privelages" i didnt think i was, there is an unrooted version of EB01 to flash in that thread...

I see that NOW. I just assumed you used the stock ODIN package from this thread that incledes root since you posted your questions in this thread not in the thread for the method you used, and you did not say at all in your op that you used Cory's method from the other thread. Information like that up front would have been a BIG help and I would have been better able to answer your question. I'm just saying.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably gonna want titanium backup. Named would replace the super clean rim with your old one. Use one click root first, then titanium if you want your apps and stuff back moved over to super clean. A nandroid could be handy in case you bork your phone though.

i will definately titanium backup all my apps... but after reading what you just wrote, that brings me to another question... i know i am making this harder than what it is, but in addtion to knowing what to do, i like to know how it works.. so... in this thread , DXC has a .tar file that is labeled, SC 2.9 + root + red CWM, if i flash that in odin, does that root my phone with SC rom and install red CWM? or do i need to one click root before flashing that...

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I see that NOW. I just assumed you used the stock ODIN package from this thread that incledes root since you posted your questions in this thread not in the thread for the method you used, and you did not say at all in your op that you used Cory's method from the other thread. Information like that up front would have been a BIG help and I would have been better able to answer your question. I'm just saying.

no problem, thanks for your advice though... i can see how that confused you... but it confused me when you said " you cant have EB01 without being rooted" guess i thought it didnt matter what method i used.... do you have an answer to my above post?
like when a file says it includes root, does that mean you have to be rooted to use it, or does it mean it will root your device as well...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i will definately titanium backup all my apps... but after reading what you just wrote, that brings me to another question... i know i am making this harder than what it is, but in addtion to knowing what to do, i like to know how it works.. so... in this thread , DXC has a .tar file that is labeled, SC 2.9 + root + red CWM, if i flash that in odin, does that root my phone with SC rom and install red CWM? or do i need to one click root before flashing that...

No need for one click root beforehand, DroidXcon's package does it for you. And since you are already on an EB01 build you can use the no wipe version (the one with the x after 29) and if you are going to be flashing roms, themes, etc through cwm, then after you use DroidXcon's package & before you reinstall your battery, close ODIN, disconnect usb cable, then start ODIN again & flash the cwm-all tar file from Cory's thread. Then from that point forward you will boot directly to red cwm-all without having to first boot to blue recovery & hit apply sdcard:update.zip. Easy peasy, winner winner chicken dinner :D

Reactions: bear_lx

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No need for one click root beforehand, DroidXcon's package does it for you. And since you are already on an EB01 build you can use the no wipe version (the one with the x after 29) and if you are going to be flashing roms, themes, etc through cwm, then after you use DroidXcon's package & before you reinstall your battery, close ODIN, disconnect usb cable, then start ODIN again & flash the cwm-all tar file from Cory's thread. Then from that point forward you will boot directly to red cwm-all without having to first boot to blue recovery & hit apply sdcard:update.zip. Easy peasy, winner winner chicken dinner :D

Thanks so much, exactly what i was looking for... you hit the nail on the head, you were picking up what i was putting down... easy peezy like mac n cheesy... your the man with the master plan! chillin like a villian, like bob dyaln on penicillan... ok that's enough... lol thanks shark!

Edit* i thought i read somewhere EB01 wasnt compatible with red_ cwm_all, hmmm evidently not.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much, exactly what i was looking for... you hit the nail on the head, you were picking up what i was putting down... easy peezy like mac n cheesy... your the man with the master plan! chillin like a villian, like bob dyaln on penicillan... ok that's enough... lol thanks shark!

Edit* i thought i read somewhere EB01 wasnt compatible with red_ cwm_all, hmmm evidently not.

I think I was actually typing my response to your question while you were typing your post asking if I can answer your previous question :p
For now just know this red cwm-all works with EB01. There's a whole long saga about cwm, & would take me forever to type out on my phone. Sheepdog Elite put together a great summary of the different cwm's in his beginning rooter's thread in the stickies. And DroidXcon provides a lot of additional info in his clockwork thread, also in the stickies. I can provide more info later once I get to my office & i'm on a computer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci