Quote Originally Posted by dberry74 View Post
    Will this wipe all data or keep it?
    OP states it will be wiped

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by tnez21 View Post
    it might be safe to say that most Dev support will switch from DL30 to EB01 just like how most DL09 support stopped after we got the DL30 leak. And just like DXC said, this has an appropriate modem/radio code....custom kernels might just be around the corner.
    I am not as techie as some people here and I don't understand what this means "has an appropriate modem/radio code". Or how it impacts this "custom kernels".
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Never rooted before. this seems simple but i have a mac. Or can this be done with no pc?

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by poodlecrazy4 View Post
    Never rooted before. this seems simple but i have a mac. Or can this be done with no pc?
    I believe all the instructions are for a PC.
    עם ישראל חי

ROM
    Stock ICS

Im gonna s**t egg rolls. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I believe all the instructions are for a PC.
    i have a mac as well, but i had too use my pc to do it
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by therent View Post
    Im gonna s**t egg rolls. :-)
    I don't know whether to get sick or say "now there is something I'd like to see"

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1.0 / Glitch

For the people that don't care for bloatware - since there is an added superclean 2.0 for the EB01, couldn't they just use it and be in the same "clean" (no bloatware) position except on EB01 instead of DL30? And if so, would they need to flash the stock EB01 and then flash Superclean 2.0 or could they go straight to it?

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

Got a quick FC, but went into applications and got rid of enhanced google search and she is humming along fine.

Would have to flash the superclean over stock eb01?? or maybe im wrong lol
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

You can flash this and then put sc on your SD and flash it via clockwork since this has clockwork preinstalled
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tnez21 View Post
    OP states it will be wiped
    1) DroidXcon has done a fantastic job with putting this together.

2) My experience with Adryanlynes is that it didn't wipe anything (although I see he recommended that you do so.

So I'm in no ways trying to redirect anyone away from what DroidXcon has put together, because he put countless and sleepless hours into getting this out there.

But I just wanted to point this out. I would also add, that a clean start is always better in my opinion.

What would happen if we flashed just the modem and left DL30?

ROM
    EB01 Deodexed...For Now!!

so i just flashed superclean 2.0 over dl30. I didn't flash anything in Odin so I have the same kernel as I did with Dl30. Is this bad? If I did something wrong, what could I do to fix it? Phone seems to be running fine, I just didn't know if there was something I should do different..

ROM
    EB01 Deodexed...For Now!!

I have baseband version ea28 and kernel version 2.6.32.9 but the build number is eb01. Should the baseband version and kernel be changed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I am not as techie as some people here and I don't understand what this means "has an appropriate modem/radio code". Or how it impacts this "custom kernels".
    Then in all honesty, you have absolutely NO business flashing ROMs, radios, or kernels onto your phone.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but seriously.... read up until you understand the terms (everything is here for you to learn) and THEN start thinking about modding your SF. Unless, of course, you enjoy that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach from knowing that you just soft-bricked a $400 phone and don't know how to recover from it.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by NoHolidaysForAHooker View Post
    What would happen if we flashed just the modem and left DL30?
    try it, worst that can happen you lose ability to send or recieve data and calls,, in which case just flash the DL09 modem

Quote Originally Posted by tw105188 View Post
    I have baseband version ea28 and kernel version 2.6.32.9 but the build number is eb01. Should the baseband version and kernel be changed as well?
    should use the same radio but if its working then its not the end of the world
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Adrynalyne just posted a Debloated Deodexed version. Im at work , give me a couple of hours when i get time ill TRY to make it flashable with Odin. Ill let you know if i can get this done today.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Adrynalyne just posted a Debloated Deodexed version. Im at work , give me a couple of hours when i get time ill TRY to make it flashable with Odin. Ill let you know if i can get this done today.
    Just like I told Adrynalyne - you rock
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7n64/stock

Hey guys, anyone got a different link to the update.zip file? I was dumb, went into ROM mgr, had it flash recovery and it went from version 2.5.1.0 to 2.5.0.4 and now I'm only getting blue recovery, and it won't load the update.zip I have on teh card.

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    I don't know whether to get sick or say "now there is something I'd like to see"
    LOL, just a little Weird Science reference to my excitement.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by vluc View Post
    Hey guys, anyone got a different link to the update.zip file? I was dumb, went into ROM mgr, had it flash recovery and it went from version 2.5.1.0 to 2.5.0.4 and now I'm only getting blue recovery, and it won't load the update.zip I have on teh card.
    Here you go

I had the same exact thing happen to me. plug your phone into your computer with the usb cord, mount sd card, delete the current update.zip on your sd card, download this one. Worked like a charm. And don't click on flash clockwork mod in rom manager. I have not touched it since my first mistake and not problem whatsoever. You can also go into the clockwork folder on your phone, delete the recovery-update.zip there, downlaoad this same update.zip file to the clockwork folder and rename it recovery-update.zip. This will allow you to reboot to the new red cwm (2.5.1.1) from rom manager, long press of the power button if you have recovery in your power menu, or from the volume up/volume down/power button press
    Thanked by:
    vluc 

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Then in all honesty, you have absolutely NO business flashing ROMs, radios, or kernels onto your phone.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but seriously.... read up until you understand the terms (everything is here for you to learn) and THEN start thinking about modding your SF. Unless, of course, you enjoy that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach from knowing that you just soft-bricked a $400 phone and don't know how to recover from it.
    something tells me you don't need to try... :-)

I have flashed DL30, Superclean 1.0, back to stock, then back to DL30 with zero issues. So I understand enough to do what I need which is why I was reaching out for additional clarification so I can learn more.
    עם ישראל חי

ROM
    Stock

I know what I am doing tonight!

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Guys im sorry if i missed a question, im running on no sleep and have a migrane.... But listen please no flaming each other (Not in my thread at least), i spent alot of time doing this stuff to make it easy on everyone who wants to try and modify/hack their phones.... if they do not mind taking responsibility for what happens to their phones then i have no problem helping anyone no matter how complex or simple the question is. The reason i love AC and spend so much time volunteering my time is because we work hard on making it easy for the inexperienced (which we all were at some point).

So please lets keep it friendly and keep helping each other as we would want to be helped if we had a question.

Thanks everyone.
    Thanked by 20:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    zash likes this.
Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast