Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 4228
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #51  
    vluc's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    ROM
    CM7n64/stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Here you go



    I had the same exact thing happen to me. plug your phone into your computer with the usb cord, mount sd card, delete the current update.zip on your sd card, download this one. Worked like a charm. And don't click on flash clockwork mod in rom manager. I have not touched it since my first mistake and not problem whatsoever. You can also go into the clockwork folder on your phone, delete the recovery-update.zip there, downlaoad this same update.zip file to the clockwork folder and rename it recovery-update.zip. This will allow you to reboot to the new red cwm (2.5.1.1) from rom manager, long press of the power button if you have recovery in your power menu, or from the volume up/volume down/power button press
    Worked like a charm, got blue on the Vu/d power push, ran update, into red. Did it through ROM mgr and it went straight to red.
  2. #52  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    SWEEEET!
  3. #53  
    sushiguy732's Avatar

    Posts
    793 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Guys im sorry if i missed a question, im running on no sleep and have a migrane.... But listen please no flaming each other (Not in my thread at least), i spent alot of time doing this stuff to make it easy on everyone who wants to try and modify/hack their phones.... if they do not mind taking responsibility for what happens to their phones then i have no problem helping anyone no matter how complex or simple the question is. The reason i love AC and spend so much time volunteering my time is because we work hard on making it easy for the inexperienced (which we all were at some point).

    So please lets keep it friendly and keep helping each other as we would want to be helped if we had a question.

    Thanks everyone.
    the reason I have learned so much in a short amount of time is because of the hard work of all you and all the other contributors and I can't thank you all enough.

    honestly I was a bit taken aback buy the reply telling me I wasn't qualified to do an upgrade.
    עם ישראל חי
  4. #54  

    Default

    Does anybody tried Adrynalyne's debloated one yet? I was wondering if stock Browser and Car Home is still there or is it part of debloated one. If it is, does anybody know if we can port Browser and Car Home apk from US Celler's Mesmorize (I believe it has froyo already, or at least a leak one out there)like before and overwrite? According to Cory's youtube video, it still route through Bing. I like a stock look, but all google. That would be awsome.

    Thanks all dev people giving us freedom.
  5. #55  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    the reason I have learned so much in a short amount of time is because of the hard work of all you and all the other contributors and I can't thank you all enough.

    honestly I was a bit taken aback buy the reply telling me I wasn't qualified to do an upgrade.
    If you are asking what modem/radios are, and how they affect "custom kernels" (which we aren't even running yet on DL30 or EB01) then my first reaction is always going to be "don't do anything to your phone" b/c you are asking the most basic of questions and not seeming to know what you are even referring too... All the info you are asking about is listed in the primary thread. Which radio and modem to use, etc.. and there are no custom kernels b/c we don't have source code yet. jt is working on some early voodoo stuff, but nothing really stable and ready for public consumption.

    No need to be taken aback, whether you realize or not I was simply trying to help you avoid bricking your phone and posting the umpteenth "stuck on a boot loop with Samsung logo - HELP!!!!!" thread. Hence the reason I even posted smileys and stated I was NOT trying to be a d!ck.

    But hey, take it how you want. Flash away, see what happens...
  6. #56  
    sushiguy732's Avatar

    Posts
    793 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    If you are asking what modem/radios are, and how they affect "custom kernels" (which we aren't even running yet on DL30 or EB01) then my first reaction is always going to be "don't do anything to your phone" b/c you are asking the most basic of questions and not seeming to know what you are even referring too... All the info you are asking about is listed in the primary thread. Which radio and modem to use, etc.. and there are no custom kernels b/c we don't have source code yet. jt is working on some early voodoo stuff, but nothing really stable and ready for public consumption.

    No need to be taken aback, whether you realize or not I was simply trying to help you avoid bricking your phone and posting the umpteenth "stuck on a boot loop with Samsung logo - HELP!!!!!" thread. Hence the reason I even posted smileys and stated I was NOT trying to be a d!ck.

    But hey, take it how you want. Flash away, see what happens...

    I was asking, not because I wanted to do anything to my phone, but just simply so I could learn more. It would have been very helpful if you could have just pointed me to the place where it had all the information and I could have read up on it myself.
    עם ישראל חי
    Thanked by:
    bxojr 
  7. #57  

    Default

    I went to ODIN, but at "FACTORYFS" my screen went orange and nothing has happened since... what did I do?

    [/*****]


    Edit: Needed to install Samsung drivers. Forgot I didn't have them on my brother's computer.
    Last edited by ayhowarya; 02-10-2011 at 12:27 PM.
  8. #58  

    Default

    Hey guys. My phone's rooted but I haven't installed any kernels etc. From what I'm gathering I can simply flash this and it will wipe everything? And in that case, how can I make sure all of my apps and contacts are backed up properly before? I'd hate to lose EVERYTHING! Thanks again for the help!
  9. #59  
    Hotweelz's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    ROM
    GS3&Razr(stck)Rznd(CR4.5)

    Talking

    I have a question about flashing this.

    I'm still on DI01 and am using one of JT's old OC Voodoo kernals. The 1.2 one I think.

    My question is will I need to flash another kernal before flashing EB01? I've read tons of threads on voodoo kernals about uninstalling/disabling them before flashing. I think that's my problem though is that I'm on an information overload and a bit confused (plus I'm sure it doesn't help that I have a touch of the flu as well ).

    So any help would be greatly appreciated. Also want to say a big THANKS to all the developers and others who do these tutorials (both here and on other forums as well). You guys rock!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayhowarya View Post
    I went to ODIN, but at "FACTORYFS" my screen went orange and nothing has happened since... what did I do?
    if its been more than ten mins i would unplug, delete your existing tar file. redownload ,,,,,shut off antivirus on your computer, use USB port in the back of the computer , if already doing so try another. then try again.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  11. #61  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    if its been more than ten mins i would unplug, delete your existing tar file. redownload ,,,,,shut off antivirus on your computer, use USB port in the back of the computer , if already doing so try another. then try again.
    Yeah it was just a matter of installing the Samsung USB drivers.

    Thanks for this guide, this was still much easier to me than going through clockwork.
  12. #62  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I was asking, not because I wanted to do anything to my phone, but just simply so I could learn more. It would have been very helpful if you could have just pointed me to the place where it had all the information and I could have read up on it myself.
    Sushi,
    I know you said you have read a lot of the threads here in the forums. Have you also read the android dictionary? This was the very first thing I read when I came to androidcentral. The terms you were asking about are covered here:

    http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary

    EDIT*
    Sorry sushi, I just looked and modem and radio are not in the dictionary. Someone who is more knowledgeable than I should be able to answer that for you.
    Last edited by Landshark; 02-10-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
  13. #63  
    tnez21's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    ROM
    "EC01" ~ Jt's EC10 Voodoo

    Default

    Great job on the odin build DroidXcon!

    Worked great and by far the easiest flash I've done.

    EB01 is great so far, running super smooth. Just have to get all my apps back up and running...Debloating process starts later tonight lol

    Sent from my EB01 Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk
  14. #64  
    tnez21's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    ROM
    "EC01" ~ Jt's EC10 Voodoo

    Default

    I have noticed that there's still a typo in the dialer, still "edf"

    Sent from my EB01 Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk
  15. #65  

    Default

    Thank you DroidXcon! This was the fastest wipe and reload I've ever experienced (like the poster above me somewhere).

    Went very smoothly!

    If I have Clockwork on my SD card, can I take the zip on the first thread, copy it to the clockwork folder, rename it to whatever the zip file is called there, and then I'll boot red no matter what method I use?
  16. #66  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Thank you DroidXcon! This was the fastest wipe and reload I've ever experienced (like the poster above me somewhere).

    Went very smoothly!

    If I have Clockwork on my SD card, can I take the zip on the first thread, copy it to the clockwork folder, rename it to whatever the zip file is called there, and then I'll boot red no matter what method I use?
    Yes, you can download the update.zip to your clockwork folder. Delete the current recovery-update.zip file and rename the update.zip to recovery-update. That will allow you to reboot to red no matter what method
  17. #67  

    Default

    Seems to work great so far! Yay!


    Update: Camera updated firmware... and shows up as CD Rom drive..
    Last edited by mack; 02-10-2011 at 01:40 PM.
  18. #68  
    curley's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnez21 View Post
    I have noticed that there's still a typo in the dialer, still "edf"

    Sent from my EB01 Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk
    Adryn's SuperClean has a fix, so there is a fix to flash via clockwork I think.
  19. #69  

    Default

    Mine went from DL09 with superclean and a custom kernel back to stock dl09 and up to stock eb01 and then to superclean 2.0. It all went smoothly other than appbrain not having my apps to resync to my phone. I didnt have many so no real lose. The overall process was painless and I can only thank the people posting here for all the info. I dont make alot of changes to my phone once I find something I like and all this looks good.
    Looking for a kernel now.
    Thanks folks
  20. #70  
    LakerFam0824's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    EvilFascinate

    Default

    Running bone Stock EA28 never rooted this phone. Do I just need to follow the instructions from Post #1 and I will have a Rooted Froyo with new clockwork debloated and debinged its finally here touch me i am cool my phone is better than my friends na na a boo boo fascinate?

    Childish i know but i am giddy... been waiting a lil while for this coming from Eris froyo rooted and rommed.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerFam0824 View Post
    Running bone Stock EA28 never rooted this phone. Do I just need to follow the instructions from Post #1 and I will have a Rooted Froyo with new clockwork debloated and debinged its finally here touch me i am cool my phone is better than my friends na na a boo boo fascinate?

    Childish i know but i am giddy... been waiting a lil while for this coming from Eris froyo rooted and rommed.
    yes you will be rooted with clockwork but this has bloatware, ill work on debloated version maybe tonight or tomorrow,,, but you can follow my directions, then get adrynalynes debloated version and flash it from clockwork after you use my method
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  22. #72  

    Default

    Sushiguy, the modem and radio are the same thing as the baseband file, which is listed in your About screen. It is what controls the send/recieve transmitter (radio) functions of the phone.

    Upgrade to EB01 as it updates the baseband to EB01 as well, unlike DL30 which uses the baseband file from DL05 or DL09.
    a little obsessive...
    Thanked by 3:
  23. #73  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Sushiguy, the modem and radio are the same thing as the baseband file, which is listed in your About screen. It is what controls the send/recieve transmitter (radio) functions of the phone.

    Upgrade to EB01 as it updates the baseband to EB01 as well, unlike DL30 which uses the baseband file from DL05 or DL09.
    Thanks xliderider.
    Makes a little more sense to me now too. So then the kernel is different from the modem/radio?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Thanks xliderider.
    Makes a little more sense to me now too. So then the kernel is different from the modem/radio?
    Yup,,,, think of the kernel as a driver, helps the hardware and software communicate
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  25. #75  

    Default

    What is the point of the update.zip file on my SD Card. I want to do this, but this is my last doubt. I am downloading the EB01 file as we speak. What do I need to do with the update.zip file. Also, I want to download the AOSP mods like the lock screen and such, how do I install that? Thanks!
Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B