[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

ayhowarya

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
if its been more than ten mins i would unplug, delete your existing tar file. redownload ,,,,,shut off antivirus on your computer, use USB port in the back of the computer , if already doing so try another. then try again.

Yeah it was just a matter of installing the Samsung USB drivers.

Thanks for this guide, this was still much easier to me than going through clockwork.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was asking, not because I wanted to do anything to my phone, but just simply so I could learn more. It would have been very helpful if you could have just pointed me to the place where it had all the information and I could have read up on it myself.
Sushi,
I know you said you have read a lot of the threads here in the forums. Have you also read the android dictionary? This was the very first thing I read when I came to androidcentral. The terms you were asking about are covered here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary

EDIT*
Sorry sushi, I just looked and modem and radio are not in the dictionary. Someone who is more knowledgeable than I should be able to answer that for you.

Last edited:

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Great job on the odin build DroidXcon!

Worked great and by far the easiest flash I've done.

EB01 is great so far, running super smooth. Just have to get all my apps back up and running...Debloating process starts later tonight lol

Sent from my EB01 Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that there's still a typo in the dialer, still "edf"

Sent from my EB01 Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thank you DroidXcon! This was the fastest wipe and reload I've ever experienced (like the poster above me somewhere).

Went very smoothly!

If I have Clockwork on my SD card, can I take the zip on the first thread, copy it to the clockwork folder, rename it to whatever the zip file is called there, and then I'll boot red no matter what method I use?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you DroidXcon! This was the fastest wipe and reload I've ever experienced (like the poster above me somewhere).

Went very smoothly!

If I have Clockwork on my SD card, can I take the zip on the first thread, copy it to the clockwork folder, rename it to whatever the zip file is called there, and then I'll boot red no matter what method I use?
Yes, you can download the update.zip to your clockwork folder. Delete the current recovery-update.zip file and rename the update.zip to recovery-update. That will allow you to reboot to red no matter what method

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems to work great so far! Yay!

Update: Camera updated firmware... and shows up as CD Rom drive..

Last edited:

kriscris

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine went from DL09 with superclean and a custom kernel back to stock dl09 and up to stock eb01 and then to superclean 2.0. It all went smoothly other than appbrain not having my apps to resync to my phone. I didnt have many so no real lose. The overall process was painless and I can only thank the people posting here for all the info. I dont make alot of changes to my phone once I find something I like and all this looks good.
Looking for a kernel now.
Thanks folks

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Running bone Stock EA28 never rooted this phone. Do I just need to follow the instructions from Post #1 and I will have a Rooted Froyo with new clockwork debloated and debinged its finally here touch me i am cool my phone is better than my friends na na a boo boo fascinate?

Childish i know but i am giddy... been waiting a lil while for this coming from Eris froyo rooted and rommed.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Running bone Stock EA28 never rooted this phone. Do I just need to follow the instructions from Post #1 and I will have a Rooted Froyo with new clockwork debloated and debinged its finally here touch me i am cool my phone is better than my friends na na a boo boo fascinate?

Childish i know but i am giddy... been waiting a lil while for this coming from Eris froyo rooted and rommed.

yes you will be rooted with clockwork but this has bloatware, ill work on debloated version maybe tonight or tomorrow,,, but you can follow my directions, then get adrynalynes debloated version and flash it from clockwork after you use my method

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Sushiguy, the modem and radio are the same thing as the baseband file, which is listed in your About screen. It is what controls the send/recieve transmitter (radio) functions of the phone.

Upgrade to EB01 as it updates the baseband to EB01 as well, unlike DL30 which uses the baseband file from DL05 or DL09.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sushiguy, the modem and radio are the same thing as the baseband file, which is listed in your About screen. It is what controls the send/recieve transmitter (radio) functions of the phone.

Upgrade to EB01 as it updates the baseband to EB01 as well, unlike DL30 which uses the baseband file from DL05 or DL09.
Thanks xliderider.
Makes a little more sense to me now too. So then the kernel is different from the modem/radio?

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What is the point of the update.zip file on my SD Card. I want to do this, but this is my last doubt. I am downloading the EB01 file as we speak. What do I need to do with the update.zip file. Also, I want to download the AOSP mods like the lock screen and such, how do I install that? Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What is the point of the update.zip file on my SD Card. I want to do this, but this is my last doubt. I am downloading the EB01 file as we speak. What do I need to do with the update.zip file. Also, I want to download the AOSP mods like the lock screen and such, how do I install that? Thanks!

the update.zip is so that you can enter clockwork since i have it preinstalled on this flash....from clockwork you will be able to flash those extras that you want :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
To steal from DroidXcon's analogy earlier, if I am understanding this correctly, the update.zip file is the key to the gate that gets you into the goodness that is the clockwork recovery world

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is the best description of a Kernel yet. I didn't understand it until you just said that. Thanks DroidXcon!

You are welcome, but NOTE: that is not exactly a fair equiavalent of what a kernel is but its a great analogy, to put it in simple terms. I make catch some heat for it....another description would be a kernel is a software version of a CPU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae