help with the new superclean EB01

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, ok so I went to this thread,

[ROM]DL09 Super Clean 0.4/EB01 2.0!! *UPDATED*

I really would like to use the EB01 2.0, however I just rooted last night. My phone is running the EA28 and I do have the newer (red) cwm. I am just looking for the how to on this because on the post it shows all the downloads but not really instructions for a newbie like myself. how do I do the wipe that everyone says before you flash everything and are these files all just flashed with CWM. Do I have to flash both the EB01 and the superclean dl30 zip on this page and is there any order in which to do? Do I need odin at all for this? Also do I need anything on my phone prior to running this as I believe with the OTA EA28 I can go just directly into this right?

Some help please lol, sorry I am completly new but hey we all gotta learn sometime right.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
You are not the only one with this problem. I think things have been developing so rapidly in the last week that the "clean up for ease of understanding" has gone by the way side. (Which I completely understand!!!)

I'm currently running the DL09 Supaclean0.4. I'm going to go to Supaclean EB01 2.0, but I'm planning on just watching for a couple days right now because the path forward is clear as mud for us mortals that don't flash on a regular basis.

I'm just happy we have the support of dev's like Adrynalyne, Cory, DroidX, and the like. If it wasn't for them, this phone would be so much less than what it is capable of. I don't mind being a week behind the dev's, because I know I'm still light years ahead of Verizon's official stuff.

Reactions: kapsiakchris

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
You both are starting at near the same place in the process. I would suggest.. Reading how to install the full package here via Odin..

This will put the whole package on your phone without having to part together modem, ROM and Kernel.. and will help with installing the correct Clockwork. That will give you the boated version but it is a good place to start.

Once you feel comfortable with that being installed you can download the Superclean 2.0 here. Put that on your sdcard...

Boot into recovery, clear your cache, factory wipe your phone and then flash the sc 2.0 ROM... Rock on from there.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
so do I have to install that all via odin or can I just load up the superclean?

If you are running DL30 you just have to flash via the new CWM. I downloaded and flashed the EB01 modem in Odin before installing anything. The Superclean 2.0 ROM has the kernel packaged with it.

Details (brief): I was running SC 1.0 on DL09 Radio..
1. I downloaded SC 2.0 and put it on my sd card..
2. Downloaded the modem from here
3. Powered down, pulled the battery,
4. Plugged phone in the computer, started Odin, Volume down to ensure download mode..
5. Selected the PDA and found the modem file, Flashed. Success
6. Put the phone back together (battery) .. Powered up into recovery (power, volume up and down) until SAMSUNG came on then let go of the power button.
7. Applied update.zip from sdcard.
8. Wiped phone and cleared cache
9. Installed SC 2.0 and rebooted..
Success.

Wipe and clear cache of course.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Also when you say factory wipe your phone do you mean the wipe data factory resest in the CWM menu

Yes I am.. Clear the dalvik cache and factory wipe when you install a new ROM.

If you are still running DL09 you may not have the new CWM - you need to get that here

Get the cwm-froyo.zip and put it on your sd card and flash it just after your sc 2.0 flash/install. Don't reboot your phone until you have flashed the new CWM. Then you should be able to reboot without issue.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am.. Clear the dalvik cache and factory wipe when you install a new ROM.

If you are still running DL09 you may not have the new CWM - you need to get that here

Get the cwm-froyo.zip and put it on your sd card and flash it just after your sc 2.0 flash/install. Don't reboot your phone until you have flashed the new CWM. Then you should be able to reboot without issue.

Again thanks for the help I sorry if i am driving you crazy, I do have the new CWM made to work with all rom and froyo (its red not green) so where do i go from here.

I want the superclean, so do I flash the odin thing for eb01 first and if so that update zip isn't that deleting the new cwm i just put on, or can i just wipe and clear cache and flash the superclean 2.0 via CWM..

Also do i wipe to factory and clear cache before installing the eb01 odin file?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Again thanks for the help I sorry if i am driving you crazy, I do have the new CWM made to work with all rom and froyo (its red not green) so where do i go from here.

I want the superclean, so do I flash the odin thing for eb01 first and if so that update zip isn't that deleting the new cwm i just put on, or can i just wipe and clear cache and flash the superclean 2.0 via CWM..

Also do i wipe to factory and clear cache before installing the eb01 odin file?

Modem first in Odin.. Do not need to factory clear at that time.. It will not affect the new CWM.

Boot into recovery - wipe the phone then start your sc 2.0 flash -

Happy Flashing.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
thank you, last question and I will get started, do I need to put that new update zip on the phone with the odin EB01 seeing how I already have new CWM

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Hmm having a problem here. I installed the "official" EB01 with the bloat and all. But when I try to boot into recovery to flash my SC_2.0, I only get the BLUE CWM and it's not letting me choose my .zip file. All I get is:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

What am I doing wrong here?

**EDIT** I think I got it. The old version used the power button to choose my options. For some reason this one uses my back button. WEIRD! haha

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm having a problem here. I installed the "official" EB01 with the bloat and all. But when I try to boot into recovery to flash my SC_2.0, I only get the BLUE CWM and it's not letting me choose my .zip file. All I get is:

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

What am I doing wrong here?

**EDIT** I think I got it. The old version used the power button to choose my options. For some reason this one uses my back button. WEIRD! haha
when you are in blue cwm, volume down one to apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home key (house). That will take you into red cwm. from there you use the power button to choose things

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I keep getting this stupid Force Close of com.google.process.gapps. I'm trying to stop it but I can't find it anywhere.

**EDIT** Think I got it. I removed the enhanced Google Search and it got rid of force close.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2