DRM Files and couple others ?s

rctreadaway

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
OK I've searched and havent seen a clear cut answer. I've read that removing the drm files substantially increases your battery life. If I freeze them will i start getting force closes? Any drawbacks?

Also I'm eb01 and I've flashed a couple of zip files that were supposed to have the aosp screen lock but i've yet to see it. I still have the puzzle lock and it i go into the menu i have the option of the glass lock too but not the slider. It's no big deal but I was starting a thread anyways and figured I'd toss it in incase someone knew the problem. Thanks

BTW I'm running SuperDarkEB01 and its AWESOME!!! Appreciate all the knowedgable people on this forum especilly droidxcon (sp?)!!

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
OK I've searched and havent seen a clear cut answer. I've read that removing the drm files substantially increases your battery life. If I freeze them will i start getting force closes? Any drawbacks?

I've been removing any apk with drm in it's name since DI01, and I've never had a single problem:

DrmUA.apk
PVWmdrmService.apk
SisoDrmProvider.apk

Since I don't use any Bluetooth devices, I also remove any apk having anything to do with bluetooth, again, without any issues that I've ever noticed.

rctreadaway

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. Going to invest in titanium backup (paid version) and start freezing some stuff that way if something does go haywire i can undo it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa