Bloated/debloated?

gmr2048

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference in a "debloated" ROM by Adrynalyne (for example), and a standard "bloated" version of the same rom ROM (by Adrynalyne), which I then use Titanium Backup (Chuck Norris Mode) to debloat myself...anything? I'm trying to understand why, when a new ROM is released by a member of the community, many people seem to wait for the debloated version, instead of simply debloating themselves.

-gary

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference in a "debloated" ROM by Adrynalyne (for example), and a standard "bloated" version of the same rom ROM (by Adrynalyne), which I then use Titanium Backup (Chuck Norris Mode) to debloat myself...anything? I'm trying to understand why, when a new ROM is released by a member of the community, many people seem to wait for the debloated version, instead of simply debloating themselves.

-gary
My guess would be not everyone has the know how to debloat themselves, or they don't want to take the time. Adrynalyne's debloated rom takes out all the verizon "bloat" that hardly anybody wants or uses - VZ navigator, Vcast videos, etc.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

-gary

because when they debloat they usually do a process called deodexing... this allows you to add themes and what not, and they can debloat at a different level i believe, get the things we would miss

Reactions: Landshark

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

-gary

In addition to what dan and the sharkster said, they make othe changes like put in different launchers, and also adry has a knack for kernels. Most of the debloated roms are pretty much the same, but adrynalyne is kind enough desuck the kernel aswell.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In addition to what dan and the sharkster said, they make othe changes like put in different launchers, and also adry has a knack for kernels. Most of the debloated roms are pretty much the same, but adrynalyne is kind enough desuck the kernel aswell.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Hey gunner,
quick question. which launcher does adry have in superclean? I liked adw ex, but for some reason it didn't agree with eb01. dan suggested i try launcher pro.

gmr2048

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Excellent. Thanks all!

I'm running LauncherPro with eb01 (DroidXCon's ROM) and it seems good so far. I've also got ADW EX and Go EX (I know, I have a problem), which I haven't tried out on eb01 yet.

Reactions: DroidXcon

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey gunner,
quick question. which launcher does adry have in superclean? I liked adw ex, but for some reason it didn't agree with eb01. dan suggested i try launcher pro.

he puts in the aosp launcher. im not a fan so i install launcher pro and move it to the system>app folder and delete the old launcher.

try this:

s23-GALAXYS-LauncherPro-0.8.3.0.apk

its a themed version of launcher pro. you can get the regular version on the market.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Gunner,
Will the method you listed above also work for replacing Tw with launcher pro? I'm running stock EB01 that I debloated myself.

Sent from my EB01 Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk