TiBu question

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So why is it when I restore everything "app+system data" in titanium, sometimes my text messages come back, sometimes they dont? I mean it seems like border line randomness to me. Anyone who can offer more info may just earn themselves a thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So why is it when I restore everything "app+system data" in titanium, sometimes my text messages come back, sometimes they dont? I mean it seems like border line randomness to me. Anyone who can offer more info may just earn themselves a thanks.
Sorry, I can't answer why. All I know is DroidXcon told me to make sure to only restore missing apps with data, not all apps with data, and not app + system data. Let me see if I can remember where he posted that info

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are restoring system apps or data from a previous build, you could overwrite done things or just cause some issues. Just restore missing apps and data

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe different messaging apps in the ROMs you are flashing, can't restore data for an app that isn't there anymore.

I think Adrynalyne went back and forth between AOSP and Samsung in super clean

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are restoring system apps or data from a previous build, you could overwrite done things or just cause some issues. Just restore missing apps and data

The point is I want my text messages. Will this do it? I haven't tinkered too much with TiBu, but I always hit app+system data and I get them back sometimes.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There are standalone apps for sms backup in the market if you wish

Ya, but can they restore is the question. Having them for sure is nice, but not losing your conversations from the phone is better.

Edit: so I looked and yes they do restore now. Wasn't able to find one that did previously. Anyway, would rather have them come back reliably with TiBu.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Final answer. Upon rifling through the TIBU wiki, I discovered that system data only refreshes after a reboot. So text messages will not display after you restore SMS storage until you reboot. Solved! God I should look first and ask 16th or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol