upgrade without losing apps

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
with all of these updated froyo roms coming out daily, how can one upgrade the rom without going through re-installing all the apps

fstbusa

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
TB for sure. I ended up purchasing it and it is wonderful!! Literally just upgrade and download TB from the market and run the batch to restore user apps and system data and less than 5 minutes you're back in business almost just how you left off.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
TB for sure. I ended up purchasing it and it is wonderful!! Literally just upgrade and download TB from the market and run the batch to restore user apps and system data and less than 5 minutes you're back in business almost just how you left off.

+1 for Ti Backup. Wipe, flash upgrade, and restore to where I want it in less than 20 minutes.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And it would seem the most preferred and most recommended choice when doing your restore through TB is to choose restore missing apps with data. A lot of people, myself included, have had problems when restoring by choosing either restore all apps or restore apps + system data

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
And it would seem the most preferred and most recommended choice when doing your restore through TB is to choose restore missing apps with data. A lot of people, myself included, have had problems when restoring by choosing either restore all apps or restore apps + system data

I guess I have never used that option. I choose to restore Apps and App Data only. I leave the system data alone. I don't want any residual system files from the previous ROM - but I am picky that way... Leaves a bit more work for me, but I know I can set it up how I want it.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

well the problem with restoring system data is that with some of these roms, you may have different system pieces from one rom to another. make sure you only restore user apps and data and you won't have problems.

the only annoying part is that the phone keeps prompting for app2sd... is there a way to disable this?

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you load a ROM and restore SYSTEM apps you WILL have a problem. I never even back them up. User apps only - then I can just hit restore all and go.

If your phone has Flash loaded it may not restore that properly and Ti will crash. Not sure what the deal is with it.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i rooted, backed up just the user apps and data before i flashed the new stock eb01 on droidxcons sticky.

when i restored my apps, i kept getting google.gapp force close errors. i literally just followed the set up (aka set up your google account, etc) and then downloaded titanium again and batch reinstalled apps. why did that happen?

anyways i had to reboot, wipe data, and did the whole set-up again and restored the apps manually by going into market and re-downloading everything.

any ideas why this happened? im looknig to flash superclean+EB01 but i dont want to go and manually set up everything again

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess I have never used that option. I choose to restore Apps and App Data only. I leave the system data alone. I don't want any residual system files from the previous ROM - but I am picky that way... Leaves a bit more work for me, but I know I can set it up how I want it.

yeah, when I do my TB backup I backup all user apps + system data, when I restore I choose the first option which is restore missing apps with data. I ended up in a forceclose loop when I restored all apps with data. The explanation given to me was it was intalling all my apps, even ones I previously deleted due to force closes or whatever reason. Have not had one problem doing a restore through missing apps with data.

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't seem to have the ability restore Missing apps with data.just the apps and apps& data

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't seem to have the ability restore Missing apps with data.just the apps and apps& data

from the titanium menuscreen, hit backup/restore button at top>then hit the menu button> then batch> scroll through options till you see {run} restore missing apps + data

Reactions: GalaxyNole

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I usually pick restore missing apps with data and then individually choose system data that I want to restore like wifi access points, etc. You never want to batch restore the system apps that are in red, but I have never had a problem picking and choosing the ones that are in green.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I usually pick restore missing apps with data and then individually choose system data that I want to restore like wifi access points, etc. You never want to batch restore the system apps that are in red, but I have never had a problem picking and choosing the ones that are in green.

Good idea on the system data. Thanks for the info

Reactions: GalaxyNole