Cyanogenmod 7 Gingerbread on XDA

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol looks dumb if you ask me, I mean the name of it is CYAN o GEN. Lmao cmon now.

Calm down guys, this can get heated very quickly. Cyanogenmod developers are very well respected in the android commuinty. Cyanogen is no more dumb then android......please read up on them and what they do before making assumptions. or making fun
CyanogenMod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Im not saying there not respected or there dumb, im just saying I dont see whats so big about this, I want real answers, not some idiot saying they are amazing and make all other devs look silly.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not saying there not respected or there dumb, im just saying I dont see whats so big about this, I want real answers, not some idiot saying they are amazing and make all other devs look silly.

Nosquid is far from an idiot he has helped me on a number of occassions and subjects. please respect each other as you would want to be respected.

Cyanogen is not just a modification of what manufacturers skin is, they take google open source software and build up for each respective phone

Here are some resources for you to study up on
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/gingerbread/CHANGELOG.mkdn

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread

CyanogenMod | Screenshots | CyanogenMod

CyanogenMod | About the Rom | CyanogenMod

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Dude! I hope you're just messing around. These devs have gone above & beyond for the good of the community. I'm guessing by your arrogance, you will be providing us with something better? Put up or shut up.

@ DroidXCon

I am apologizing in advance for my comments.

solido888

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

He already explained it is Gingerbread. That is android 2.3.

The Verizon fascinate hasn't even been given android 2.2 yet by the carrier/manufacturer. If this fails to impress you, then what are you doing here at all?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Cyanogen is arguably the biggest name in Android development. The roms are true AOSP-based roms with the latest updates/bugfixes provided directly from Google along with a lot of other nifty features. Someone new to Android may not know the name but I'd almost guarantee that anyone who has been flashing roms for a while has flashed a CM-based rom at one point or another.

As for punk_kaos's CM7 port, it isn't an "official" CM supported rom but hopefully it can get to that point. See A Note On Unofficial Ports, and How To Get It Right | CyanogenMod.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude! I hope you're just messing around. These devs have gone above & beyond for the good of the community. I'm guessing by your arrogance, you will be providing us with something better? Put up or shut up.

@ DroidXCon

I am apologizing in advance for my comments.

No dev has done anything for me besides make roms that do nothing more than I can do now, Besides for looks. Im not trying to be arrogant but you guys praise these people like there gods. And why do I care about 2.3 when I have 2.2 when 2.3 is nothing but a ui change. Anyway, im going to be there man here and leave this post, I dont want to argue with anyone, I respect what the devs do and make things and Ill let you guys have at it :)

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No dev has done anything for me besides make roms that do nothing more than I can do now, Besides for looks. Im not trying to be arrogant but you guys praise these people like there gods. And why do I care about 2.3 when I have 2.2 when 2.3 is nothing but a ui change.

Because 2.2 is NEON based, and 2.3 is built against the Hummingbird? It's only twice as fast for a Samsung processor. And it makes a remarkable difference once a proper kernel is built.

And for the record, you're more than welcome to have issue with the attitude of some developers. I do, too. Just don't call any other members an idiot please :)

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
No dev has done anything for me besides make roms that do nothing more than I can do now, Besides for looks. Im not trying to be arrogant but you guys praise these people like there gods. And why do I care about 2.3 when I have 2.2 when 2.3 is nothing but a ui change. Anyway, im going to be there man here and leave this post, I dont want to argue with anyone, I respect what the devs do and make things and Ill let you guys have at it :)

Hey man, maybe an "android pro" such as yourself don't really need/want new roms, but for someone like myself with his first smartphone, this forum has been a godsend. And maybe everyone's level of "godly praise" is relative to the amount of improvement in their phones. Personally, coming from a regular flip phone, the stock fascinate was just toooooo slow just to pull up my contacts to make a call... it was frustrating and i thought i made a mistake. Anyway, don't be a hater and you should've been hugged more as a child.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No dev has done anything for me besides make roms that do nothing more than I can do now, Besides for looks. Im not trying to be arrogant but you guys praise these people like there gods. And why do I care about 2.3 when I have 2.2 when 2.3 is nothing but a ui change.

Im sorry mak, i dont understand, have you read up on 2.3 at all?

if you are happy with 2.2 then thats all there is to it, i dont understand what the discussion is for. you ask what the difference is but then you say nothing has changed but the UI like thats a fact. how can you state a fact but not know?

2.3 as little UI change, the real changes are stuff like
supporting webm/vp8 video playback/ and AAC audo
improved power management, improved sensors , better audio management , new key boards
Session initiation protocol
nfc support
improved long running downloads
and a bunch of other stuff that has change under the hood,,,just because you cant see it or touch it doesnt bean it hasnt changed.

please read up before making statements like that Android.com

No dev has done anything for me besides make roms .

how much more do you want them to do for you mak, i dont even make roms and do you have any idea how much time and effort i put into helping everyon in the forums. i spend more time trying to help people than i do working or sleeping.

i jump between working and being here on the forums helping ,, and what i do is miniscule compared to the time they spend looking at code and trying to make it work.... and we all do it for free.. we all volunteer our times to making android great and fun.

So yes the developers are awsome for what they do for us for free , the time they spend infront of the computer is valuable to many people, otherwise we would be at the mercy of of our carriers and phone manufacturers .

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
he can have his own opinion, this is america...just don't give him access to 2.3 when it comes out. i'm not trying to bash anyone, but for anyone to downgrade ANYTHING ANYONE does on here is a personal insult to someone who makes a single post on here for anyone. from me (lowly newbie), to the developers who actually make these things WORK, everyone helps people just to help them. i don't know anyone on here personally, but i will try to help anyone on here, if i can. that's how these things work. people go out of their way to help strangers. i don't know if you have noticed, but your attitude is not one that is commonly shared around here. no one does stuff for praise, but respect that people do things for you. not for themselves. i'm done ranting now. having said that, i don't even know what a cyangen? is? anyone give me the low down? lol

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
@gbhil : I dont have a problem with anyone, People just act like devs save their lives. My OPINION, is that they are a bunch of bored, no life people who sit behind a computer and try to develop things because they believe carriers fail. Maybe its fun for them, idk, and maybe they like helping people. The more the merrier.

@djlim4 : I got hugged alot as a kid, thanks babe :)

@DXC : I respect you and I have nothing against devs or want them to do anything, im just stating my OPINION on this cyanogen rom and why people actually worship devs, Thats all, No pun intended. As for all of the 2.3 things you just listed, Most of them are under the hood things, and things people cant even control that makes any new, no regular user cares about those things, for the people that do, Okay good for them, but I bet most people dont.

Last edited:

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
view public profile/user lists/ignore

dont-feed-troll.jpg

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
@gbhil : I dont have a problem with anyone, People just act like devs save their lives. My OPINION, is that they are a bunch of bored, no life people who sit behind a computer and try to develop things because they believe carriers fail. Maybe its fun for them, idk, and maybe they like helping people. The more the merrier.

And thats fine. I have no desire to stifle your opinion, and I've glad you have one to share. I want people to have as much freedom of expression here as humanly possible.

But don't pretend you're not going to piss people off with that attitude. You know you will. As long as things stay civil, we're good. When things begin to stray (like now) I will have to push it back towards the path. This is non-negotiable. You will stay civil. All of you -- I'm just talking to you directly this time.

We're all going to act like friends so this thread can stay open, and we can discuss :)

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The people who are active in these types of forums care about that kind of stuff. If you don't care about updates, then there is no need to comment on them.

And as for calling the devs "bored, no life" people is pretty harsh... I would wager that the majority of them have families and lives outside of developing, but they do it because they like to do it, and they like to help people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21