Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Default Trouble With Sleep of Death on EB01/SuperClean 2.x?

Please try this patch.

Install via clockwork and please report your findings.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

would it help if i dont have the problem and i flash it? cause i will if it would. lets be honest, i probably will any way.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    would it help if i dont have the problem and i flash it? cause i will if it would. lets be honest, i probably will any way.
    Mike... Mike, Mike... Watching some of your posts are like soap operas... almost wanna change the channel, due to the almost unbelievable incidents you put your phone through... but have to keep coming back to see how it ends..
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    Mike... Mike, Mike... Watching some of your posts are like soap operas... almost wanna change the channel, due to the almost unbelievable incidents you put your phone through... but have to keep coming back to see how it ends..
    lol. im here to entertain.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

lol. im here to entertain.
    Mike's like, "Oh look a patch for a Droid X, lets see if i can flash this" ....5mins later.....OMG i dont understand what i did wrong, why is my phone on fire
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Mike's like, "Oh look a patch for a Droid X, lets see if i can flash this" ....5mins later.....OMG i dont understand what i did wrong, why is my phone on fire
    LMAO! Quick, stop, drop, ODIN!

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

I might try this. Stock battery is not as good as sc. Can't do this until sunday though. Can't go a while day at work without the phone working.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cordoni View Post
    LMAO! Quick, stop, drop, ODIN!

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    STOP! STOP! STOP! My stomach hurts from laughing so hard
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

What is this patch doing? What is the sleep of death? Hopefully it's what is happening to my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by willenium_1217 View Post
    What is this patch doing? What is the sleep of death? Hopefully it's what is happening to my phone!
    Sounds like when your phone goes to sleep and never wakes up... !

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

I thought the sleep of death was when you went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up at 10 with a 2
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by 2:

Pretty sure what Adrynalyne is calling the "Sleep of Death" is the same issue I've been reporting since DL30 SC .8 as the "sleep-bug". Basically, after about the 4th-5th time you put the phone to sleep after a reboot, it never wakes up or turns the screen on. The only fix is a 3-button reboot or battery pull.

It's the main reason I have to run a homemade hybrid, instead of straight up super clean. Every time I try to flash a new version of SC, I think "this is the ONE" and then about 2-3 hours later, I go to check my phone and it's in a coma.

After nearly 2 weeks of trying to get a stable SC, I'm pretty much done testing at this point, and I'm running a hybrid of EB01 stock/de-odexed that I de-bloated and added several of Adryn's customized and/or AOSP packages (Desk Clock, Car Cradle, etc...)

Phone is running like a dream and I have to work this weekend so I can't take the risk of a soft-brick/unresponsive comatose phone while I'm waiting on calls/txts that are related to my gigs. This particular bug only shows up between 2-4 hours after reflashing a ROM, and I just don't have that kind of time today/tomorrow to test.

If nobody else has tested it by Monday, I can give it a shot. Believe me, I have NO PROBLEMS replicating the sleep bug

ROM
    stock

I was just about to post a new thread asking what the deal was with 2.4 and my phone going dead for no apparent reason. So this is a known bug? I will try this and hopefully see a fix.

ROM
    stock

So far I have seen no improvement with installment of this patch. It is still going to sleep then dead.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

If you don't have this problem and you flash the fix absolutely nothing will happen.....

My least exciting flash ever. I was expecting it to screw something up seeing as how I don't have the problem, but nothing. Oh well, I'm sure I will find some other way of bricking my phone.
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Lol. I ALWAYS know what I did wrong. Unlike some of these other silly folk, I do stupid crap to my phone on purpose.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

Quote Originally Posted by superstar1213 View Post
    So far I have seen no improvement with installment of this patch. It is still going to sleep then dead.
    DAMN!

I will just stick to what I have until this is working right then.

ROM
    Evil fasc. 3.4/ pbj sv v

I had this problem and was told 2 flash a theme by either dxc or gunnermike cant remember but I haven't had the sleep of death ever since I flashed superdark theme not even once

I think mike's just lucky. Someone should put a poll up.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadogg14 View Post
    I had this problem and was told 2 flash a theme by either dxc or gunnermike cant remember but I haven't had the sleep of death ever since I flashed superdark theme not even once
    Maybe I will give that a try. Thanx

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    I think mike's just lucky. Someone should put a poll up.
    im not lucky, im aswome!!!

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadogg14 View Post
    This worked!!! TYSM.. I really didn't wanna give up my SC 2.4

ROM
    Evil fasc. 3.4/ pbj sv v

no problem the real thanx is 2 gunnermike or dxc... wen i find the post where they gave me the advice i will give credit 2 the proper person... but i like i said... flashed a theme(superdark for me) and i have had 0 problems since and its been bout a week since i flashed the theme so that is def the fix for this problem and maybe the only fix for now

update: found the post... gunnermike is the one to thank for this fix (unless someone found the fix and gunnermike just passed it along lol thats all i did was pass it on) either way thanx 2 gunnermike, dxc, adrynalyne, sheepdog, jaekarr and landshark( if i forgot anyone i apologize) for all the help they have given me and everyone else they have made my fascinate more than awesome
    Last edited by bubbadogg14; 02-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Strange...the SOD happened to me not long after flashing the Nextang theme. Also had it once on the VA Green theme. I'll try the Superdark and see what happens.

ROM
    Evil fasc. 3.4/ pbj sv v

if that does not work for u try not using adw launcher.... u can maybe ignore this as im not 100% on this 1 but i think i remember coming across a post where people r having trouble with adw launcher on superclean 2.x i will reiterate i could be wrong so if gunnermike or dxc or someone could clarify that for u
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast