please, in need of help.

Trumastah

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I d'loaded a voodoo sound kernel from the marketplace. i flashed the kernel through red recovery and everything seemed fine at first. My screen completely changed to the screen with the galaxy s and gt i9000 and heard what sounded like a lady talking but could not clearly hear what was being said. since then, it has been in that state. I have tried to connect my samsung fascinate to my computer countless times and it keeps giving me the not recognize error. idk what to do. If i cant get into odin, how can i restore the files. Has the voodoo kernel corrupted my phone? I just dont know what to do. Please advise.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I d'loaded a voodoo sound kernel from the marketplace. i flashed the kernel through red recovery and everything seemed fine at first. My screen completely changed to the screen with the galaxy s and gt i9000 and heard what sounded like a lady talking but could not clearly hear what was being said. since then, it has been in that state. I have tried to connect my samsung fascinate to my computer countless times and it keeps giving me the not recognize error. idk what to do. If i cant get into odin, how can i restore the files. Has the voodoo kernel corrupted my phone? I just dont know what to do. Please advise.

can you get into download mode?

Also the screen says GTi9000 on it?

Last edited:

Trumastah

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
yes i can. but my phone wont connect to my comp. i have the correct drivers installed as well. I said in the earlier post that my screen read Gt i9000 actually i was mistaken. the screen shows samsung logo for about 10 seconds, and then reboots again. I can put the phone in download mode, but it is not recognized by my comp or odin.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So the battery is out phone plugged in and in download mode but no yellow com port in odin?
yes i can. but my phone wont connect to my comp. i have the correct drivers installed as well. I said in the earlier post that my screen read Gt i9000 actually i was mistaken. the screen shows samsung logo for about 10 seconds, and then reboots again. I can put the phone in download mode, but it is not recognized by my comp or odin.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
see if any of this helps
Alright, I will try to spell out what we did to fix this. It was a HUGE pain in the butt. This was all trial and error, so YMMV.

First, grab my DI01 All in One. You need an all inclusive package.
http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/DI01package3.tar.md5

You will need odin3 v 1.30. Gonna assume you have it, considering the mess you are in.

You also need Heimdall.
Heimdall – Glass Echidna There is a readme in the windows version zip if you get stuck. Drivers must be installed for it as well.

You also need a copy of the samsung galaxy s usb drivers, because Heimdall will remove them when you use it.
[Drivers] MS Windows x86 and x64 USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S - xda-developers

You will also need a PIT file from me:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/atlas_v2.2.pit

Steps:

1. Install Heimdall and drivers.
2. Put phone in download mode and plug it in to usb cable.
3. Unzip the Odin file. 7zip can do this, but will give an EOF error. Ignore the error.
4. Choose each section in Heimdall and add the appropriate file, including PIT. Check repartition. Primary boot loader is boot.bin and secondary boot loader is sbl.bin.
5. Start. It should finish and will likely be in a reboot loop with a crap ton of failed errors on wiping data.
6. Reinstall Samsung USB drivers for Odin. This may require a PC reboot.
7. Put phone back in download Mode and start Odin, making sure its detected.
8. Load the entire Odin package, not extracted into the pda section of Odin. Include the PIT file. CHECK repartition.
9. Run the process.

If all goes well, you should be back to stock, crappy Eclair 2.1.

Trumastah

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
i followed the tutorial to the letter. i am at the part where i put the phone in download mode and run zadig.exe file. when i go to the area where it says list all choices, it does not show samsung usb composite device. i downloaded the correct samsung driver files and it still does not detect my phone. I believe i am t totally screwed.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i followed the tutorial to the letter. i am at the part where i put the phone in download mode and run zadig.exe file. when i go to the area where it says list all choices, it does not show samsung usb composite device. i downloaded the correct samsung driver files and it still does not detect my phone. I believe i am t totally screwed.

I would try getting my hands on a different computer

Reactions: Trumastah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol