Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LauncherPro errant after changing ROM

I was running EB01 deox, deboat with LauncherPro. Removed the TWLauncher from system/app, and replaced it with LauncherPro apk. No problems, it was working fine.

I decided to flash to Ad's new 2.5x superclean, and I can't get LauncherPro to work correctly. First off it won't register -- I put my code in and it says it was accepted but after LP restart its still unregistered. Any changes I make in the settings immediately revert to what they were before.

I've tried removing/reinstalling LP, clearing the data/cache for the app. There must be some old garbage in there somewhere that's confusing it. When I upgraded to 2.5x I did a cache clear and delvik clear, but not data.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    De-Sensed 3.6

the exact same thing happened to me a couple times before. i fixed it once by deleting dbdata/databases/com.fede.launcher in root explorer, but that didnt work after going to 2.5. i dont know how i got it working because i did so much reflashing, file editing and uninstalling

ROM
    Stock

LP keeps files on the SD card as well, including your settings backups. It could be referencing those. I had consistent force closes on Froyo with the Fascinate using LP+. I gave up on it and am using the SC default launcher. It is very fast and clean, in my opinion. I miss the 5x5 layout and resizing widgets, but only that.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Try doing a search in root explorer for fede and launcher and delete anything that has to do with LP, then reboot and try again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by baker12203 View Post
    the exact same thing happened to me a couple times before. i fixed it once by deleting dbdata/databases/com.fede.launcher in root explorer, but that didnt work after going to 2.5. i dont know how i got it working because i did so much reflashing, file editing and uninstalling
    killing the database folder did the trick. Thanks for the info!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    De-Sensed 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by bluevolume View Post
    killing the database folder did the trick. Thanks for the info!
    No problem, I'm kinda confused why of didn't for me the second time but its working now so can't complain.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk