Lagging/freezing/crashing EB01

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Using EB01 Superclean (not sure exact versions).. but I've been having a LOT of issues.

When I first boot, the phone is really fast. You can't keep up with it. After about 10-15 minutes using it OR idle, it'll get really slow. To the point freezing to all the animations lag.

I'll use task manager and end some programs. It'll get better. However, continuously I'll watch my memory available drop from around 190ish to about 60MB to eventually to the point where it's not enough memory to function right.

The best part is when I'm browsing the web, I'll enter a URL or something and press enter/go and it won't do anything. No loading, nothing. It just sits there. I have to kill the browser.

The phone will vibrate three times in a row real fast, and whatever I'm doing or anything it'll just stop - completely freezes. This freeze is a system freeze, nothing works - eventually I'll get a message saying "System process is not responding" or something of that sort.

Random apps freeze/crash - facebook, gochat, oovoo, skype, browser, skyfire, copoilot. They'll stop responding, then the phone says that are unresponsive.

Random reboots, when it boots it comes into "safe mode" and I have to reboot it again.

Also BATTERY drain has been HORRIBLE. If I'm on the phone for 30 minutes with 100% battery life - It'll be drained down to 40% if not lower. I'm thinking the battery cache is bad. I need to fully charge it and then wipe cache correct? Is there a more of a process?

I'm just curious if anyone has this issue, the more I use it the worse it gets - day by day it gets worse.

I'm thinking it's a kernel issue or something of that sort as this is all recent. It's really fast on a fresh boot.

I'm about to completely wipe everything: internal memory, SD card, etc and do a complete fresh install. I'm gong to wait about a week before I install any of my apps again.

Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Using EB01 Superclean (not sure exact versions).. but I've been having a LOT of issues.

When I first boot, the phone is really fast. You can't keep up with it. After about 10-15 minutes using it OR idle, it'll get really slow. To the point freezing to all the animations lag.

I'll use task manager and end some programs. It'll get better. However, continuously I'll watch my memory available drop from around 190ish to about 60MB to eventually to the point where it's not enough memory to function right.

The best part is when I'm browsing the web, I'll enter a URL or something and press enter/go and it won't do anything. No loading, nothing. It just sits there. I have to kill the browser.

The phone will vibrate three times in a row real fast, and whatever I'm doing or anything it'll just stop - completely freezes. This freeze is a system freeze, nothing works - eventually I'll get a message saying "System process is not responding" or something of that sort.

Random apps freeze/crash - facebook, gochat, oovoo, skype, browser, skyfire, copoilot. They'll stop responding, then the phone says that are unresponsive.

Random reboots, when it boots it comes into "safe mode" and I have to reboot it again.

Also BATTERY drain has been HORRIBLE. If I'm on the phone for 30 minutes with 100% battery life - It'll be drained down to 40% if not lower. I'm thinking the battery cache is bad. I need to fully charge it and then wipe cache correct? Is there a more of a process?

I'm just curious if anyone has this issue, the more I use it the worse it gets - day by day it gets worse.

I'm thinking it's a kernel issue or something of that sort as this is all recent. It's really fast on a fresh boot.

I'm about to completely wipe everything: internal memory, SD card, etc and do a complete fresh install. I'm gong to wait about a week before I install any of my apps again.

Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

Almost sounds like you have a mismatched kernel and radio. Do me a favor and hit the menu soft key the go =>settings=>about phone and tell me what it says under both baseband and build.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Almost sounds like you have a mismatched kernel and radio. Do me a favor and hit the menu soft key the go =>settings=>about phone and tell me what it says under both baseband and build.

I just formatted it, about to reinstall everything (it keeps booting into safe mode now)

base: S: i500.04 v.EB01
kernel: 2.6.32.9
build: SCH-I500.EB01

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just formatted it, about to reinstall everything (it keeps booting into safe mode now)

base: S: i500.04 v.EB01
kernel: 2.6.32.9
build: SCH-I500.EB01

Well, you're on the right baseband and build. Were you on a voodoo kernel at all before?

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, you're on the right baseband and build. Were you on a voodoo kernel at all before?

Nope. Never used a voodoo kernel. It's weird. Maybe it was just a bad flash?

I downloaded "http://www.mediafire.com/?azoc8c7zj15o9lr" Superclean 2.6, only complaint now is the slide down menu is butt ugly! Anyway to change that??

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Hopefully this rom will fix everything (I completely wiped everything!).. if it doesn't I'll be back ;)

Someone will be here to help if you do need to come back. Or if it works, just come back to chat and contribute to the discussions.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Someone will be here to help if you do need to come back. Or if it works, just come back to chat and contribute to the discussions.

I read the forums everyday just about, I just meant back to this topic.. hopefully it's fixed, now I have to find a theme I like..

Any clue as to why it was acting like this? Heard of anyone else having this issue?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I read the forums everyday just about, I just meant back to this topic.. hopefully it's fixed, now I have to find a theme I like..

Any clue as to why it was acting like this? Heard of anyone else having this issue?

Not a clue. I'm sure someone smarter than me may have an answer.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, after a few hours the phone is VERY fast. I did my normal: surfing the web, emailing, IMing, texting, and no lag or crash. It got "slow" when too many apps were going, but still faster then it was before. I guess I had something screwed up with my previous flash.

BTW stuck with the dark theme, not liking it but I'll get used to it.. the black slide down is boring but I don't even care at this point I want a fast phone =)

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had to pull the battery today. I wanted to send a picture and it froze. Gallery keeps lagging and taking forever to load. I hit "phone" on the car dock and it froze, and eventually rebooted itself (system crash?)

Is it *possible* my microsd card is dying? When I mount my phone Windows 7 tries to check it for errors.. Gallery is pretty much unusable - but other then that the phone iS REALLY fast, I mean EXTREMELY fast

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Did chkdsk on it:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Thomas>chkdsk I: /F
The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 1A97-2F98
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.
Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 32890. Orphan truncated.
Convert lost chains to files (Y/N)? y
64 KB in 1 recovered files.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.
15,431,680 KB total disk space.
696 KB in 86 folders.
365,568 KB in 329 files.
15,065,408 KB are available.

8,192 bytes in each allocation unit.
1,928,960 total allocation units on disk.
1,883,176 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\Thomas>chkdsk I: /X /F
The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 1A97-2F98
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.
15,431,680 KB total disk space.
8 KB in 1 hidden files.
688 KB in 85 folders.
365,568 KB in 329 files.
15,065,408 KB are available.

8,192 bytes in each allocation unit.
1,928,960 total allocation units on disk.
1,883,176 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\Thomas>

Maybe this was my issue with slow loading? I can't find my extra microsd's.. I have like 5 of them :O

Also, I should note that my clock on the home screen isn't clearing itself (Beautiful Widgets super clock), so I can see a bunch of numbers overlaying each other. This just started the past 10 minutes. Also, I have a bunch of dump logs on my SD card. Anyone want to look them over?

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did chkdsk on it:

Maybe this was my issue with slow loading? I can't find my extra microsd's.. I have like 5 of them :O

Also, I should note that my clock on the home screen isn't clearing itself (Beautiful Widgets super clock), so I can see a bunch of numbers overlaying each other. This just started the past 10 minutes. Also, I have a bunch of dump logs on my SD card. Anyone want to look them over?

i wouldnt know what im looking at if i looked at your files, if you pull the card and run the phone without it , what are your results?

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i wouldnt know what im looking at if i looked at your files, if you pull the card and run the phone without it , what are your results?

Seems to do the same thing, I think. I keep getting:

Sorry! -Use *#9900# to take log-
Application Messaging (in process com.android.mms) is not responding.

Force Close Wait

But I get it for everything. I'm at a loss as what to do, I completely wiped everything all the way to SD, the caches, etc. I did a fresh install using Odin as well.

*Update with the MicroSD card out, I ended a call and the phone right now is frozen :(

It was fine yesterday, but it's just getting worse. It's really fast though :-\

Verizon will warranty it for 1 year right? I have screen burn, so maybe I should start fresh, take it back, get a new one? I can flash it back to stock and tell them it freezes a lot and it has screen burn. Any ideas? I'm about to upload the logs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13174267/logs.zip

Last edited: