Reasons why not to support Rom Manager anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Rom manager support, or lack there of - xda-developers

You are just throwing money at Koush that rather blame community devs instead of spend the time to support people (a lot who paid).

Make no mistake, I used to pimp the hell out of rom manager, and even pushed for him to port it to wok on all devices and roms when he first came out with it.

No more. Not when I know that the indifference Koush has towards us.

Make your own judgement calls here.

I've uninstalled rm though.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like someone doesn't want to support his own work.

Haven't used ROM Manager since it became crippled for me, but now I definitely don't intend on ever using it again.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalled rom manager as soon as the new red cwm from jt1134 came out and I started hearing about Koush's non support.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I paid a while ago :( Uninstalled a couple of months ago since I never used it but still disappointing to hear that from an android legend like Koush. I didn't pay because the premium did anything (it never offered anything extra for the Fascinate - nothing), I just wanted to support.

Poor form Koush.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This is the response I just got from him on twitter:

@ChrisMKerrigan The devices that get steady support have developers that actively contribute and engage me for fixes.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
meh, rom manager has been glitchy from the beginning anyways. The only thing I ever used it for on the OG droid was to flash cwm and never went back in it

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
This is the response I just got from him on twitter:

@ChrisMKerrigan The devices that get steady support have developers that actively contribute and engage me for fixes.

Yeah we know this is a lie because jt1134 has been telling him for a while whats wrong with his recovery. He has ignored jt1134 completely.

So jt modded it himself, and made a far superior project.

Reactions: Landshark

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
What bothers me is the devs have worked their butts off trying to develop and clean up the mess that Samsung left us with, and statements like that completely derail and discredit all of that. Ridiculous.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Besides the way he's been acting lately, RM hasn't had much use since the my early days with my OG Droid. It's not really kept up too much for the Droid X but at least it works for it. No need for it though. Clockwork Recovery is another story though. Very useful and glad we have it.

Uninstalled just out of principle even though he got my $ a long time ago.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
A tweet to me:

@adrynalyne @WooYooFoo I earn no money on recovery. It's open source.

The thing is, Rom Manager only works with HIS clockwork recovery, so in essence, yes he does earn money on it.

Reactions: Landshark

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
sounds like it is your developers problem not RM. been using since droud1 days and have no issues.

Facsinate owners, instead of whining to me about RM being broken after update, why not get your community "devs" to fix the boot image? a

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
sounds like it is your developers problem not RM. been using since droud1 days and have no issues.

Facsinate owners, instead of whining to me about RM being broken after update, why not get your community "devs" to fix the boot image? a

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, how is it the developers problem when they have tried to communicate with Koush and have dialogue on how to fix things and his response is "I'm not going to fix my own broken crap, tell your "devs" to fix my stuff." Shows his mindset, poor attitude, and immaturity when he puts devs in quotation marks

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This is an extremely sensitive topic, and I anticipate there is going to be some disagreements in here. That's totally fine. I want to keep this thread open because there needs to be a point made, I think. But let's please keep it civil and not take it to levels of making personal attacks. That's all I ask.

Not pointing anyone out in specific, just making a general statement. :)

Reactions: Adrynalyne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol