[How to] 1-Click-Red cwm for Mac users (No bootcamp or windows required)*update 3/1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
terminal output

You would def see the boot up screen if it rebooted, can you boot into recovery? If not try the cwm.app again. And post the output from terminal if it doesn't reboot the phone

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Starting installation...
failed to copy 'zImage' to '/sdcard/zImage': Permission denied
1272 KB/s (313888 bytes in 0.240s)
0 KB/s (24 bytes in 0.061s)
/data/local/tmp/rage.sh: /data/local/tmp/rage.bin: not found
RedBend Update Agent 6,1,14,1

FOTA : Make Block Device Nodes
lcd_init(498): start!
lcd_init(507): fb0 open success
lcd_init(514): width = 480, height = 800
open device file: Permission denied
bmldevice_get_size: bmldevice_open failed!src: /sdcard/zImage
dst: /dev/block/bml7 partition size: 0x0
part_size: 0x0
reboot: Operation not permitted

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Starting installation...
failed to copy 'zImage' to '/sdcard/zImage': Permission denied
1272 KB/s (313888 bytes in 0.240s)
0 KB/s (24 bytes in 0.061s)
/data/local/tmp/rage.sh: /data/local/tmp/rage.bin: not found
RedBend Update Agent 6,1,14,1

FOTA : Make Block Device Nodes
lcd_init(498): start!
lcd_init(507): fb0 open success
lcd_init(514): width = 480, height = 800
open device file: Permission denied
bmldevice_get_size: bmldevice_open failed!src: /sdcard/zImage
dst: /dev/block/bml7 partition size: 0x0
part_size: 0x0
reboot: Operation not permitted

when you are doing this process is your phone unlocked and your screen on , or is the phone sleeping?

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
and you are def rooted?

yes for sure...Then I downloaded ROM manager and did a back up. put superclean 2.8 on sd card and selected " update ROM from RM menu. then a menu popped up to wipe data. so I did that in the recovery mode. and from there everything went to hell.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yes for sure...Then I downloaded ROM manager and did a back up. put superclean 2.8 on sd card and selected " update ROM from RM menu. then a menu popped up to wipe data. so I did that in the recovery mode. and from there everything went to hell.

yup because 2.8 is written in amend and rom manager clockwork only accepts edifiy,,, are you able to put stuff on your card, like to you have a card reader?

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
yup because 2.8 is written in amend and rom manager clockwork only accepts edifiy,,, are you able to put stuff on your card, like to you have a card reader?

don't have a card reader...I usually email links to myself or go directly from my phone browser. Having a mac makes it so difficult because of the mount issue with EA28. I can mount using the terminal workaround but it makes it so difficult

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
don't have a card reader...I usually email links to myself or go directly from my phone browser. Having a mac makes it so difficult because of the mount issue with EA28. I can mount using the terminal workaround but it makes it so difficult

ok so please tell me in detail, what the state of your phone is right now because you have been jumping all over the place in the forums and im kind of confused ,,,is your phone working, or not,,, and i think i read that you are getting force closes....

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
ok so please tell me in detail, what the state of your phone is right now because you have been jumping all over the place in the forums and im kind of confused ,,,is your phone working, or not,,, and i think i read that you are getting force closes....

ok..the phone has a factory reset. I have no contacts, I get a force close when trying to open the market and gmail. everything on my sdcard is in tact. when I reboot in recovery and select sdcard.zip option the screen outputs this message in red:

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok..the phone has a factory reset. I have no contacts, I get a force close when trying to open the market and gmail. everything on my sdcard is in tact. when I reboot in recovery and select sdcard.zip option the screen outputs this message in red:

Installation aborted

try booting into recovery and wipe cache partition,, boot up again and try the market, tell me if you still get force close

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Installation aborted

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service put this on your sd card then try sdcard update.zip

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i have never downloaded a mega upload from my phone but if it works cool

it did the exact same thing...it quickly starts a download bar...but immediately switches to the triangle with ! and the little green droid. then when I hit menu button it goes back to recovery screen..at the bottom there it says this exactly:

#manual mode#

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installation aborted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads