how do i uprgrade Debloated/Deodexed Froyo to superclean 2.6

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to go from Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod to the superclean 2.6 is there step by step instructions on how to do so, like there was for the Debloated/deodexed verison?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like to go from Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod to the superclean 2.6 is there step by step instructions on how to do so, like there was for the Debloated/deodexed verison?

follow the same steps you used to get debloated

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
And superclean will just go right over debloated? and do i have to delete the .zip from debloated and replace it with superclean .zip? or is it the same?
yeah it will just go right over

if you are using odin , just use the EB16SC26x_DXC.tar

if you are using clockwork just put the super clean 2.6 zip file on the base of your SD card, you dont need to delete anything, before flashing wipe cache partition.

Reactions: esrakes24

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah it will just go right over

if you are using odin , just use the EB16SC26x_DXC.tar

if you are using clockwork just put the super clean 2.6 zip file on the base of your SD card, you dont need to delete anything, before flashing wipe cache partition.

WOW 2.6 is awesome again for i think the third time in 7 days THANK YOU SO MUCH DroidXcon for your help.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just did this deblate/deodexed to SC 2.6/non voodoo, and I had one app that stopped working but that is a little used task switcher that lives in the notification pull down. I did not try re-installing. I did wipe the cache/dalvik before installation.

Only other problem is not being able to mount USB as mass storage device when Debugging was turned off.

Everything else is working great and all my apps/data were still installed.

Update: just noticed that backlight on softkeys is timing out before screen blanks (DL01 style). Ok just watched closely. They shut off about 3 seconds before the screen blanks and the whole display dims a little bit. Like a warning that it's going to blank. I can live with that.

Don't get me wrong Im loving me some SC 2.6 and I have not even started shopping for mods.

Last edited:

xhazerdusx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded the super clean 2.6 file, renamed it to update.zip, (clockwork recovery didn't recognize it otherwise), wiped cache partition in recovery, then tried to apple update.zip. Recovery said that it failed verification of its signatures.

What did I do wrong? I'm on the debloated with superclean 2.5 rom as well.

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Got it downloaded. There are some apps that I use like think office will that be deleted when I flash 2.6 over the debloated one? Also how do I go back if I don't like the superclean 2.6?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded the super clean 2.6 file, renamed it to update.zip, (clockwork recovery didn't recognize it otherwise), wiped cache partition in recovery, then tried to apple update.zip. Recovery said that it failed verification of its signatures.

What did I do wrong? I'm on the debloated with superclean 2.5 rom as well.

then you dont have clockwork recovery. there are no directions that tell you to change it to update.zip....you are thinking of stock recovery....blue screen am i correct?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Got it downloaded. There are some apps that I use like think office will that be deleted when I flash 2.6 over the debloated one? Also how do I go back if I don't like the superclean 2.6?

yes it is removed from superclean , you just go back by either flashing the odin package or you can flash it from clockwork recovery

xhazerdusx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
then you dont have clockwork recovery. there are no directions that tell you to change it to update.zip....you are thinking of stock recovery....blue screen am i correct?

The ROM I installed (it's from the stickied thread in this forum) came with clockwork recovery IIRC. It's a black screen with only 4 options. Reboot system, update from the zipfile, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. Also, I'm booting into this recovery by holding down the power button while the phone is booted and the menu that has Sound On/Off, Power Down, etc has a Recovery option that boots directly into this menu.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The ROM I installed (it's from the stickied thread in this forum) came with clockwork recovery IIRC. It's a black screen with only 4 options. Reboot system, update from the zipfile, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. Also, I'm booting into this recovery by holding down the power button while the phone is booted and the menu that has Sound On/Off, Power Down, etc has a Recovery option that boots directly into this menu.

That is blue recovery. We identify the different recoveries by the color of the text. When you have just the four options the text is blue, hence blue recovery. If you have followed the instructions properly, while you are at this blue recovery screen, you should be able to hit the volume down button once so apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted and hit the home soft key. This should take you into red clockworkmod recovery (cwm.) If not you did not follow the instructions correctly and we need to figure out where we need to correct something.

xhazerdusx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That is blue recovery. We identify the different recoveries by the color of the text. When you have just the four options the text is blue, hence blue recovery. If you have followed the instructions properly, while you are at this blue recovery screen, you should be able to hit the volume down button once so apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted and hit the home soft key. This should take you into red clockworkmod recovery (cwm.) If not you did not follow the instructions correctly and we need to figure out where we need to correct something.

I think I know what's going on. The file I'm downloading and attempting to install is named "eb16_nonvoodoo.zip". The ROM I flashed is called Super Clean version 2.5 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod in the top stickied thread in this forum. Could this make a difference? Perhaps I need the voodoo version? (what does nonvoodoo/voodoo even mean?)

Also, I tried dropping this "eb16_nonvoodoo.zip" file onto the root of my sd card and getting blue recovery to install it. It said that update.zip was not found, prompting me to rename this to update.zip. Then it failed signature check.

If I want to upgrade to superclean 2.6, do I need to download the full .tar file from that thread? If so, does it wipe all my installed apps or can I get by with just a cache wipe?

(I really appreciate all the help.)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think I know what's going on. The file I'm downloading and attempting to install is named "eb16_nonvoodoo.zip". The ROM I flashed is called Super Clean version 2.5 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod in the top stickied thread in this forum. Could this make a difference? Perhaps I need the voodoo version? (what does nonvoodoo/voodoo even mean?)

Also, I tried dropping this "eb16_nonvoodoo.zip" file onto the root of my sd card and getting blue recovery to install it. It said that update.zip was not found, prompting me to rename this to update.zip. Then it failed signature check.

If I want to upgrade to superclean 2.6, do I need to download the full .tar file from that thread? If so, does it wipe all my installed apps or can I get by with just a cache wipe?

(I really appreciate all the help.)

Download the version named EB16SC26x_DXC.tar this version does not wipe data, from my thread you are refering to

voodoo is a kernel that works with lagfix.,,, lag fix actually changes the formation of your internal memory to run faster, but my methods do not support it as i dont like to be part of that

xhazerdusx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Download the version named EB16SC26x_DXC.tar this version does not wipe data, from my thread you are refering to

voodoo is a kernel that works with lagfix.,,, lag fix actually changes the formation of your internal memory to run faster, but my methods do not support it as i dont like to be part of that

ok, ill do that! thanks so much.

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
if i do a nandroid back up of debloated i want to try sc 2.6 can i just restore the debloated nandroid backup that i did and take it back to the way it was before i flashed sc 2.6?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae