Titanium Back Up and WIFI info Needed

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I made the leap, I rooted my fascinate, with the one click method.
You folks here at Android Central are great, I have read most or if not all
of the fourms regarding rooting your samsung fascinate, hands down this
is the site to be at, well for me it was!
Now that I am rooted, I downloaded Titanium Back Up, like to know what to back up, I am assuming everything? Does it back up to the SD card?
Do i take out the SD card and put in another?
My main goal from rooting my fascinate is to tether with OEM USB CABLE
or with out WIFI.
What would be a good way to go about tethering ?
Also I would like to get rid of some of the bloat, i would like to delete
things are easy to delete, with out too much hassle.
Also read something about freezing apps.
Info would be much appriciated
Again thanks for having a cool site and helping me to root my phone.
Pat:)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I made the leap, I rooted my fascinate, with the one click method.
You folks here at Android Central are great, I have read most or if not all
of the fourms regarding rooting your samsung fascinate, hands down this
is the site to be at, well for me it was!
Now that I am rooted, I downloaded Titanium Back Up, like to know what to back up, I am assuming everything? Does it back up to the SD card?
Do i take out the SD card and put in another?
My main goal from rooting my fascinate is to tether with OEM USB CABLE
or with out WIFI.
What would be a good way to go about tethering ?
Also I would like to get rid of some of the bloat, i would like to delete
things are easy to delete, with out too much hassle.
Also read something about freezing apps.
Info would be much appriciated
Again thanks for having a cool site and helping me to root my phone.
Pat:)

best bet is to go with superclean 2.6 or something like it. its 2.2 deodexed and debloated.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the quick response
How and where do I find 2.6 superclean.
Like to know how to get this on my phone is it an app?
you info is much appriciate
thanks
Pat

You dl it from the sticky right above. You flash it in cwm.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
titanium backup is nice to backup all your apps and the data associated with your apps. you can also backup system data too, but I find that it doesn't work quite as well with the system data. you can configure TB to keep a certain amount of backups too, which is a nice feature. you can just back up your apps to the SD card that you have in there already and you don't need to remove it.

if you want to remove the bloat on the stock rom, you can freeze it via TB instead of actually moving or deleting it.

if you are looking to back up your ROM, then TB is not what you need to use and would be a completely different discussion.

as for tethering, for wifi there is wireless tether which you can find here:
android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

I know you said you want to tether via USB, but I haven't actually tried that yet, but I hear you can use wired tether which is found here: android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

hope that helps

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
titanium backup is nice to backup all your apps and the data associated with your apps. you can also backup system data too, but I find that it doesn't work quite as well with the system data. you can configure TB to keep a certain amount of backups too, which is a nice feature. you can just back up your apps to the SD card that you have in there already and you don't need to remove it.

if you want to remove the bloat on the stock rom, you can freeze it via TB instead of actually moving or deleting it.

if you are looking to back up your ROM, then TB is not what you need to use and would be a completely different discussion.

as for tethering, for wifi there is wireless tether which you can find here:
android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

I know you said you want to tether via USB, but I haven't actually tried that yet, but I hear you can use wired tether which is found here: android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

hope that helps

Wow very quick response thanks a bunch, looks like i will freeze some apps.
much appriciated
Pat

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You could backup EVERYTHING, but it would take forever to restore it all. What I prefer is to do a batch of "backup all user apps" (which is going to be whatever apps you install from the market etc.) and then select a few key system settings in the "backup/restore" section. When you scroll through the list you'll see apps have different colors (red, white, green, gray). A good rule of thumb is to backup all the green ones. After you back them up individually from this list, they will be included in the batch sections to "forced redo of your backups" and "redo your old backups" so you only have to do that part once. From there, its just a one button press every couple of days, or you can schedule backups automatically, to keep things updated. If anything ever goes terribly wrong on your phone and you have to flash a fresh image in Odin, or you wipe everything to flash a new ROM, just go to the market and download Titanium again, and restore everything to the way it was.