Having issue's Trying to set up WIFI

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am new to this I was able to Root my fascinate and set up TB
Now on to my next endeaver like to tether either usb or WIFI.
My intention are to have internet at my cabin, my fascinate works perfect
up north. I did a thread yesterday got a couple of links thru Android Tether.
I am sure these links work, it's me, I need help, I cannot get programs to the
phone, my puter sees the phone (not in odin) , I down loaded the drivers when i rooted my phone, also down loaded Odin 3 v1.3, well I am just bumping around not knowing really what I am doing sorry for sounding like a NOB just getting frustrated, any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks much
Pat

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
.When I was stock I used Wireless Tether here is a link to the version what worked for me. WirelessTether APK. I haven't re installed it latley because of monitoring issues that VZW threw into the Froyo build. There also may be a newer version but I haven't kept up with it.

You don't need ODIN to put files on your SD card. Simply download the file to your computer and place it on the SD card of your phone when it's connected as an external drive. You could also try to open this link up through your phones browser and download it, which would place it under sdcard/download. After you have it on you sdcard find it via Root Explorer. Tap the file and it should ask you if you want to install. (Make sure that you have unkown sources checked in settings/application) After it's done installing reboot for good measure and then open the wireless tether app that should now be in your app drawer.

Hope this helps!

P.S. If you don't already have a good file manager app I would recommended you go ahead a buy Root Explorer in the market. It's definitely worth the few bucks.

P.P.S Just found a link to a list of fascinate compatible versions of wireless tether here

Last edited:

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
.When I was stock I used Wireless Tether here is a link to the version what worked for me. WirelessTether APK. I haven't re installed it latley because of monitoring issues that VZW threw into the Froyo build. There also may be a newer version but I haven't kept up with it.

You don't need ODIN to put files on your SD card. Simply download the file to your computer and place it on the SD card of your phone when it's connected as an external drive. You could also try to open this link up through your phones browser and download it, which would place it under sdcard/download. After you have it on you sdcard find it via Root Explorer. Tap the file and it should ask you if you want to install. (Make sure that you have unkown sources checked in settings/application) After it's done installing reboot for good measure and then open the wireless tether app that should now be in your app drawer.

Hope this helps!

P.S. If you don't already have a good file manager app I would recommended you go ahead a buy Root Explorer in the market. It's definitely worth the few bucks.

P.P.S Just found a link to a list of fascinate compatible versions of wireless tether here

Thanks abunch for responding so quickly,I would like to find a way of tethering
but fly low with little or no monitoring, just to make sure i understand when i down load off the net when on the phone it goes right to my SD card, also i already have a app for accesing my sd card, do i need to go with Root explore?
again thanks for responding, I have no problem with using a USB cable, from what i read you will drain your battery quickly, what are you thoughts?

Thanx
Pat

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
If you're stock and ruining wireless tether then you should be ok... as long as your not pulling down crap loads of data or using it as your sole internet connection.

Not all file managers have the ability to install apps but if what you have works for you then go ahead. Root Explorer is the best file manager I've used but it is not necessary.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: champ4221