Best way to restore after flashing new ROM?

fluidj

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Seems to take forever to get the market up and running after a flash, and that's the only way I know of to get Titanium reinstalled after a flash. Is there an alternative way that i'm not aware of?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Seems to take forever to get the market up and running after a flash, and that's the only way I know of to get Titanium reinstalled after a flash. Is there an alternative way that i'm not aware of?

If there were an alternative way that was better, that way would be posted all over these forums and everyone would not be telling new rooters to use titanium backup.

Reactions: fluidj

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been through that several times but getting to the Market didn't seem to take unusually long. What bothered me was running Titanium Backup Free version and having to answer "yes" to all the installation permission questions. This morning I ponied up the $5 to upgrade to the paid version, which offers the ability to do it all at once. I figured with all the messing around I have been doing on my phone it was worth paying for it.

It would be nice to have Titanium saved to the SD card and not have to re-download it each time but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to have Titanium saved to the SD card and not have to re-download it each time but I guess it doesn't work that way.

It sure does. I keep copies of titanium and root explorer on my sd card and pc for backups for that exact reason. If you already have it installed now, find the file in data/app (com.keramidas.titaniumbackup-1.apk) and copy it to your sd card. Any file explorer that I know of, including the stock one, gives you the option to install if you select an apk file. This way, you can manually install TiBu after a data wipe and then use that to restore everything else.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Very nice advice. I was getting sick of having to download the free version AND THEN my paid upgrade version. It was the only way I could get it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084