1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Haptic Feedback on EB01

Has anyone experienced any problems with their haptic feedback since flashing froyo? My phone's haptic feedback is very weak despite the maximum vibration level. And it also makes a high-pitched hum? I mean, it's not very loud at all and you could even mistake it for the sound of the phone vibrating, but its too high-pitched. I'm especially having problems with the soft keys at the bottom, although I experience the problems even when I long-press on the screen.

If anyone has some insight???

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by yaerinie View Post
    Has anyone experienced any problems with their haptic feedback since flashing froyo? My phone's haptic feedback is very weak despite the maximum vibration level. And it also makes a high-pitched hum? I mean, it's not very loud at all and you could even mistake it for the sound of the phone vibrating, but its too high-pitched. I'm especially having problems with the soft keys at the bottom, although I experience the problems even when I long-press on the screen.

If anyone has some insight???
    It's not really a problem or a bug. It is just something we noticed since the first Froyo leak DL30. We all noticed the haptic feedback seemed to be weaker, even with the vibration level set to maximum.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

hmm interesting. I didnt feel any difference in the haptic feedback after the dl30 update.. it just happened after froyo. Hmm.. anyone else?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by yaerinie View Post
    hmm interesting. I didnt feel any difference in the haptic feedback after the dl30 update.. it just happened after froyo. Hmm.. anyone else?

DL30 was/is froyo..
    things like vibration are kernel related, if you would like i can attempt to make you odin flashable DL30 kernel so you can try it out.
    EB01 was leaked so it may have been just one of the things they were working on
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Same issue here, mine is on max setting as well. The haptic feedback is very weak after installing the SC 2.9 from you DroidX. Any ideas on how to make it better?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

im happy this is brought up. i had fears that my haptic was dying. i hear that almost beep it makes and it seems to lag esp when typing and then makes a heavy call type vibration as if to catch itself back up

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I have the same problem. It is noticeably weaker, and when using handcent I don't get feedback in the menu key but I do in all other keys. Like Jobu I thought my haptic feedback was dying, I am glad its not just me.