HELP An UPDATE unrooted my phone

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I thought I had it it all figured out, I got an update and it unrooted my
phone, like to know what to do, do I just root my phone again and do this everytime i get an update, is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Getting updates, I will be reading this site and i am sure i will be able to find a heads up about updates and what to do. It seem pretty funny I agree with the reasoning to root, it's my phone I should have full access to my own property
then my access goes away with an update, kinda like a tug a war on who gets access to my phone, so folks I want to win this tug a war, what do i need to do, you info is very much appriciated

Pat

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
phone, like to know what to do, do I just root my phone again and do this everytime i get an update, is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Getting updates, I will be reading this site and i am sure i will be able to find a heads up about updates and what to do. It seem pretty funny I agree with the reasoning to root, it's my phone I should have full access to my own property
then my access goes away with an update, kinda like a tug a war on who gets access to my phone, so folks I want to win this tug a war, what do i need to do, you info is very much appriciated

Pat

you can just reroot your phone or you can flash a froyo rom and say screw you to vzw's stupid ea28.

magnumv3

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

Pat

If you use titanium backup go in and freeze inopath activcare. I believe that is what it was called. It's the system updater and will auto update your phone when it gets prompted to. If you just freeze it it is unable to search for updates thus eliminating it from doing it automatically and if you want to get an ota update from vzw you can unfreeze it and run it when you want. That's what I did until I installed a rom that doesn't include that app anymore.

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
you can just reroot your phone or you can flash a froyo rom and say screw you to vzw's stupid ea28.
Thanks for the quick reply, I did a root once again, now I am rooted.
Changing the os is another endeaver I will do, just have to muster up
the courage and learn more, I get the feeling this is pretty easy stuff
to do, also it sounds really easy to brick your phone,
again thanks for the quick reply, also I know there is one around this site is a step by step guide how to change to FROYO, does anyone have a link ?
Have a great weekend

Pat

magnumv3

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, I did a root once again, now I am rooted.
Changing the os is another endeaver I will do, just have to muster up
the courage and learn more, I get the feeling this is pretty easy stuff
to do, also it sounds really easy to brick your phone,
again thanks for the quick reply, also I know there is one around this site is a step by step guide how to change to FROYO, does anyone have a link ?
Have a great weekend

Pat

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-hacks/51526-how-i-learned-flash-rom.html

This is where I started DroidXcon did a great job at putting together some info to give you an idea of what is involved and how it's done. Good place to start. I'll try and find other threads I used to get my courage up enough to do it. Once you get comfortable it's easy and very addicting trying new stuff.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-2-27-a.html
This one is the sticky on how to odin to froyo by DroidXcon. Odin is easy to use as long as you follow his instructions and it will give you everything you need instead of flashing one thing with odin then flashing something else with cwr. It all seems complicated but these guys on here have done an awesome job at laying things out step by step and as long as you read, read and read again you'll be flashing like a pro.

Last edited:

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-hacks/51526-how-i-learned-flash-rom.html

This is where I started DroidXcon did a great job at putting together some info to give you an idea of what is involved and how it's done. Good place to start. I'll try and find other threads I used to get my courage up enough to do it. Once you get comfortable it's easy and very addicting trying new stuff.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-2-27-a.html
This one is the sticky on how to odin to froyo by DroidXcon. Odin is easy to use as long as you follow his instructions and it will give you everything you need instead of flashing one thing with odin then flashing something else with cwr. It all seems complicated but these guys on here have done an awesome job at laying things out step by step and as long as you read, read and read again you'll be flashing like a pro.

Wow pretty cool info, I have a question when doing this it wipes the slate clean of all your contacts, i have a back up at VZW can i just go back there and put all my contact back in or will this not work once i changed the os
I do know this is addicting, not a bad addiction!
Please let me know, i have down loaded the Odin, how do I get the program in Odin for it to download (Flash?) into my phone, still learning the nomanclature
Again thank for the info keep it comming.

Pat

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow pretty cool info, I have a question when doing this it wipes the slate clean of all your contacts, i have a back up at VZW can i just go back there and put all my contact back in or will this not work once i changed the os
Please let me know, i have down loaded the Odin, how do I get the program in Odin for it to download (Flash?) into my phone, still learning the nomanclature

Pat

You have several options for backing up and restoring your contacts. I just use verizon's backup assistant. When you reboot your phone after upgrading the OS you can just go into accounts and use backup assistant. Or you can sync your accounts to your gmail account and get them back through there.
As far as loading the update through ODIN, just EXACTLY follow the steps in DroidXcon's thread and you should have not problems

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Pat

hey pat, do the following instead of relying on vzw backup assitant alone...from contacts screen>menu button>import /export> export to sd card

this will save your contacts to your sd card to import later, but backup assitant will work

please follow the directions in that thread i give written out direction and post number three gives you pictures how to get the program into odin to flash

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
hey pat, do the following instead of relying on vzw backup assitant alone...from contacts screen>menu button>import /export> export to sd card

this will save your contacts to your sd card to import later, but backup assitant will work

please follow the directions in that thread i give written out direction and post number three gives you pictures how to get the program into odin to flash
WOW thank you for the info
Really cool you chimed in on this thread, I have read a ton of your stuff on
here, if you have any advice for the new kid on the block (well still a kid at heart) love to hear your input, I am thinking about running Odin to chang my OS, not sure what one to go with.
I am kinda lost what is clockwork, I read alot about this and that with clockwork, what is it, I aint dumd just alittle out of the loop on all this.

Have a great weekend
Pat

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
WOW thank you for the info
Really cool you chimed in on this thread, I have read a ton of your stuff on
here, if you have any advice for the new kid on the block (well still a kid at heart) love to hear your input, I am thinking about running Odin to chang my OS, not sure what one to go with.
I am kinda lost what is clockwork, I read alot about this and that with clockwork, what is it, I aint dumd just alittle out of the loop on all this.

Have a great weekend
Pat

well as long as your contacts are backed up and either did a titanium back up or just dont care about your apps( like i do, i just redownload what i need)
then you can move on to one of my odin packages
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html
my directions are pretty straight forward, plus in post 3 there are visual aids if you need them and always feel free to ask questions :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac