Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! Fascinate stuck on Samsung Logo screen

Can someone please help me. I just rooted the Samsung fascinate and had a problem with installing CWM. I flashed it via rom manager and it wouldnt let me do a nandroid so I then installed the CWM red via odin and was able to make my nandroid backup fine.

I wanted to theme the phone.apk gradient backgrounds and did so using ninjamorph. I put in my new background files and rebooted and everything was fine. The phone.apk would call out but when I would end a call it would force close. I decided I wanted to restore my backup so via rom manager I selected reboot into recovery. The phone rebooted and got stuck at the Samsung Logo screen and has been.

Ive pulled the battery and tried to boot again normall but it remains stuck at the logo. I let the phone sit for over 30 min and nothing happened. Am I bricked? If so, how do I fix the phone? I just need to get into recovery to restore my nandroid backup. Please someone help?

If Im correct, just download one of the .tar files Xcon created, wipe it and flash via Odin.
    When I think of something good to write here, I will.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I cant get into the download screen to use odin either. I tried to boot and hold the volume down button to get into recovery but it wont do anything.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dgwood12 View Post
    I cant get into the download screen to use odin either. I tried to boot and hold the volume down button to get into recovery but it wont do anything.
    pull the battery out , leave it out, plug in the phone and press volume down
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    pull the battery out , leave it out, plug in the phone and press volume down
    OK, I was able to get to the download screen that way and I reflashed the red cwm via odin. I put the battery back in and went to start it and held volume down again and it has the same result.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

OK, I was able to get to the download screen that way and I reflashed the red cwm via odin. I put the battery back in and went to start it and held volume down again and it has the same result.
    to get into recovery after flashing cwm,, its Volume up+vol down+power,,,hold it until samsung flashes twice then let go of the buttons
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

First off do not reboot into recovery from Rom Manager. If you have the new orange clockworkmod through rom manager, nothing is written in the script for that clockworkmod recovery. In order to get into recovery either: 1) Hold down the power button for about two seconds and choose recovery from the menu that appears; or 2) Hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons until you see samsung flash on the screen for the second time, then let go of all three buttons.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Hmm. I held power + volume up and down and the logo appeared then went black, appeared again and went black again and then I let go and its still stuck at the samsung logo. Did I not flash recovery right? I did it the exact same way I did before that worked. Do I need to wipe something via odin before flashing? If so how? Im used to flashing stuff on my Dinc, this is my gf's fascinate.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

oh i missed that he used rom manager
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Hmm. I held power + volume up and down and the logo appeared then went black, appeared again and went black again and then I let go and its still stuck at the samsung logo. Did I not flash recovery right? I did it the exact same way I did before that worked. Do I need to wipe something via odin before flashing? If so how? Im used to flashing stuff on my Dinc, this is my gf's fascinate.
    let go of the three buttons as soon as you see samsung flash for the second time
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    First off do not reboot into recovery from Rom Manager. If you have the new orange clockworkmod through rom manager, nothing is written in the script for that clockworkmod recovery. In order to get into recovery either: 1) Hold down the power button for about two seconds and choose recovery from the menu that appears; or 2) Hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons until you see samsung flash on the screen for the second time, then let go of all three buttons.
    I thought that might have been the reason. Unfortunately I cannot boot into recovery with either of these options. Is there something I am not doing in odin?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

I thought that might have been the reason. Unfortunately I cannot boot into recovery with either of these options. Is there something I am not doing in odin?
    When you flashed the cwm-recovery-all file in ODIN, did the top box in the upper left of ODIN turn green and say PASS!! in it? That means whatever you were flashing installed successfully.

Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Wohoo! I finally got it to boot into recovery. What I had to do was flash a different version of recovery via odin then reflash the red. I turned the phone on, held volume up and down and power until the samsung flashed twice and it booted into recovery. Thanks you guys! Total life savers!

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Wohoo! I finally got it to boot into recovery. What I had to do was flash a different version of recovery via odin then reflash the red. I turned the phone on, held volume up and down and power until the samsung flashed twice and it booted into recovery. Thanks you guys! Total life savers!
    You're welcome. If there's anything else you need help with, just post your questions in the appropriate thread and someone will help you.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    You're welcome. If there's anything else you need help with, just post your questions in the appropriate thread and someone will help you.
    Thanks! I hope this was the appropriate thread for this problem. For future reference if it wasn't which thread is for these types of questions?

Sent from my Droid Incredible

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Thanks! I hope this was the appropriate thread for this problem. For future reference if it wasn't which thread is for these types of questions?

Sent from my Droid Incredible
    You can use the search function to see if there is already a thread on the topic you are going to ask your question. If you look at the string of pages up above the thread, the one in blue lettering with each different page separated by a >, just click on the Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks one. In the upper right hand corner of the thread below the index of pages you will see "Search this forum" Just click on that and enter your topic to find out if there is already a thread, and just post your questions in whatever you feel is the most appropriate thread. That is the best way to get questions answered. Posting in the topic appropriate thread is always preferred over starting a whole new thread.

Default Re: Help! Fascinate stuck on Samsung Logo screen

help

Im stuck in the same boot loop and my computer wont recognize my phone so that I could use odin to flash my phone back to stock ive held all 3 buttons down and let go at the 2nd flash... still nothing please someone help..... thanks

Follow these steps:

1. Pull the battery from your phone to completely turn it off.
    2. Connect the phones cable to your computer, but not yet to your phone.
    3. Put the battery back in (do not turn it on!).
    4. Holding volume down plug in your phone, this should put the phone into download mode (yellow funky looking screen)
    5. Then try Odin again...

If that doesn't work, try following the instructions in the following link:

If that won't work, there is an expanded guide on how to do all sorts of stuff to your fascinate here:

Good luck, usually you can get out of just about any problem with the above two links.

I did all the steps above and still stuck at samsung screen. The computer or odin wont recognize my phone. I think that I cleaned my phonse memory. Is there any other way to install a rom on your phone without odin.? Please help>>>>>

Have you tried a different USB port yet? Make sure you are connected to a non-hub, direct motherboard connection port (back of the computer) and are in download mode. That has happend to me before with ODIN not recognizing my phone. With XP at least, using a different port, you will see your computer install the adb drivers for each port you plug into. After the install is finished, open ODIN and you should have a yellow box.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android Central Forums

ok thanks ill try it to see.

still the same thing......screen stuck at samsung logo im so lost. is there any other way ? thanks please help.

It might be time to try Heimdall. Take a look at my post (#2) in this thread:

Bricked

Hopefully Heimdall will recognize your fascinate. Take whatever package you were flashing in ODIN and use winRAR to extract the contents (+ pit) in Heimdall. Read the guide I linked to in my other post. Let me know if you have questions.

ROM
    AOKP/CM10/AXIOM ROMs

Dumb question but are you sure your using the right cord to connect? Some cords don't recognize the device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast