- 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM #326
- 04-19-2011, 03:28 AM #327
- 04-20-2011, 01:17 AM #329
- 579 Posts
- Eclipse 2.0
I'm writting this down in case anyone else happens to see a yellowish color in ClockWorkMod to not get excited. boot out and use old button oush ti get to red CWM..
VooDoo really has surprised me after a few months of expermenting.
- 04-20-2011, 01:21 AM #330
- 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM #331
- 04-21-2011, 05:31 PM #332
- 04-21-2011, 06:10 PM #333
Let me get this right because things have been pretty hazy on these recent roms being released. If you only have access to Mac there is no way to get a full ED01 experience because you cant flash the modem/radio correct? I'm on SC 2.9.2 and would like to update but I don't see any reason to if I don't get the new radio or kernel.
- 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM #338
- 04-21-2011, 08:20 PM #340
- 04-21-2011, 09:08 PM #341
- 04-21-2011, 09:15 PM #342
- 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM #343
- 9 Posts
Rooting Fascinate - Mac
Cory Streater prepared a great walk through on this but the link is no longer valid (Rooting Using a Mac (Video Tutorial))
The rooting files are no longer available nor the walk through.
I tried searching all over the forums but could not find any similar walk throughs.
Any assistance would be appreciated
- 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM #344
- 04-30-2011, 08:39 PM #345
- 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM #346
- 05-04-2011, 09:12 PM #347
- 1 Posts
i've read forum after forum, but i can't figure out what to do. someone, please god help me I just got a replacement fascinate from verizon, ota'd 2.2 onto it, plugged it in, ran 1 click root, then in the middle of the cwm install the power went out and it stopped, and i can't get off of the blue screen recovery nor will it allow me to flash the cwm update.zip i put on the card.. signature verification fail? i'm dying here Thanks in advance!
- 05-06-2011, 09:15 PM #348
Rooting FROYO on a Mac
I hope to be more active in the forums once I root my device and have more fun with it, but I had a few questions first.
1) I updated to FROYO today, does that affect what instructions I should use rooting my phone? Are there more updated software I should be using?
2) I am using a MAC, so should I just use the instructions in the sticky? I already have Froyo, so does that change anything?
I have been waiting for the new update to root the phone because there is certainly plenty of bloatware courtesy of Verizon, so any help you can provide would be great. I know these posts get old and annoying, but most instructions I have found either do not have it broken down in easy terms, or are for PC.
Thanks for your help!
- 05-08-2011, 09:54 AM #349
- 17 Posts
I'm having trouble installing redrecovery. I get the terminal message:
"/data/local/redbend_ua: not found"
Is this because I didn't push that file? Am I supposed to?
Did I mess up a previous step? Rooting was successful. Superuser is installed so I'm assuming that's the case.
Any help would be appreciated!
Oops: same problem just a few posts above. I apologize for the redundancy!
Last edited by kloos; 05-08-2011 at 11:38 AM.
- 05-09-2011, 02:29 AM #350
OK...this forum has been great for a newbie...I am tech savy on a Mac, but this root process has been hell...so this has been great...
I got the official Froyo update via Verizon airways...
I follow posts 2 and 3, but when I get to four, I am having trouble. I receive this error:
[Macintosh-0016cb919dbc:~/Desktop/1-click-clockworkmod-v1.1/Files] bgiovine% /Users/bgiovine/Desktop/1-click-clockworkmod-v1.1/Files/cwm.sh
Starting Red Recovery installation...
3117 KB/s (6253080 bytes in 1.958s)
/data/local/redbend_ua: not found
My specs are:
I am just looking to get to a spot where I can remove the bloatware and tinker a bit...Superuser appears on my app list and Rom Manager shows I have CMR 220.127.116.11
Am I on the right track or am I still not getting this root thing whatsoever...