[Guide] Tools and Information for Mac OS X Users - Updated 04/07

andcircuit

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

andcircuit

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So I pushed superclean 2.9 to my sd, and its not there. I tried it several times. Am I supposed to send the .zip or extract it first? I tried both and nothings showing up.

maxorange9

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Trying to root and I open 1 click root, and terminal says "error: device not found". Debugging is checked, stay awake is checked, it is plugged in. I need help

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Andcircuit,
You may want to read the past few pages as I just went through a very similar process. I think you'll find some answers. I found that if I went to my files on my phone (show hidden) it was there but not the full install. I deleted it from the phone and pushed it again. Before pushing it again I renamed while still on computer to update.zip then pushed it to the sd again. This time it was transferred properly to the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: andcircuit

maxorange9

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I looked at my files and the hidden files, and could not find anything that I would think would be fromthe root. I really am not sure what to do, it keeps giving me errors, I have tried it with mass sotrage on, mass storage off, and it still can't find the device

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I pushed super frankenclean 29nv to my sd card & the package is there but it will not load on recovery. In blue I get Apply sdcard:update.zip. I click on that & reboot again & the same blue instructions come up. so I click on reboot into recovery &get the same 4 alternatives.
Suggestions??? I feel soooo close!

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
"]Trying to root and I open 1 click root, and terminal says "error: device not found". Debugging is checked, stay awake is checked, it is plugged in. I need help
Try my instructions on page 7 to mount your phone correctly. Works every time!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
did you use the 1click cwm from the op
I pushed super frankenclean 29nv to my sd card & the package is there but it will not load on recovery. In blue I get Apply sdcard:update.zip. I click on that & reboot again & the same blue instructions come up. so I click on reboot into recovery &get the same 4 alternatives.
Suggestions??? I feel soooo close!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Also By mistake i clicked in the blue wipe cache. Is that a problem. I checked again on rom manager & the rom is in the sd file.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Also By mistake i clicked in the blue wipe cache. Is that a problem. I checked again on rom manager & the rom is in the sd file.

rom manager shouldnt be used ill have to tell braydon to mention that in the OP ,,,,did you install clockwork using the method in this thread because you should not have blue recovery

Followed your mounting directions, I think I did it right. I was disk5. but when I did everything it said "no such file or directory"

it sounds like the card is mounted , it should not be mounted

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
"rom manager shouldnt be used ill have to tell braydon to mention that in the OP ,,,,did you install clockwork using the method in this thread because you should not have blue recover"
I used the clock on post #4 (2.1-2.2) for EA28

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
"rom manager shouldnt be used ill have to tell braydon to mention that in the OP ,,,,did you install clockwork using the method in this thread because you should not have blue recover"
I used the clock on post #4 (2.1-2.2) for EA28

it must not have taken, you may have to run that process again,, should boot directly into red

TIGERARMYNEVDI

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'm new to all this. So far I've successfully rooted the phone, installed the 1 clickclockword mod and the 1 click pushtosd. What I am confused about is all the options, once I boot into red recovery mode as to what the diff functions do. Which ones should I go ahead and do and which ones to avoid? The lagfix, voodoo, etc. etc..... and should I do these before or after putting superclean froyo version on it???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I'm new to all this. So far I've successfully rooted the phone, installed the 1 clickclockword mod and the 1 click pushtosd. What I am confused about is all the options, once I boot into red recovery mode as to what the diff functions do. Which ones should I go ahead and do and which ones to avoid? The lagfix, voodoo, etc. etc..... and should I do these before or after putting superclean froyo version on it???

read this thread, ingnore installation methods since you have it already
if you use superclean voodoo you will need to flash it, then enable lagfix then reboot, the thread below has intructions on how to do both ,, if you choose nonvoodo you can just flash it and reboot. i suggest superclean 2.9 not 2.8
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

maxorange9

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I have done everything you guys have suggested. but everytime I try to run 1clickroot it still says error: device not found. I really want to root this. Please, has anyone had this problem, or can help me?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I have done everything you guys have suggested. but everytime I try to run 1clickroot it still says error: device not found. I really want to root this. Please, has anyone had this problem, or can help me?

have you tried this?

no its suppose to be, i would try to restart the computer or something,, sorry i dont have a mac so connection problems are beyond me...

try to restart your computer and phone then

as stated in the directions:
Enable USB debugging and Stay awake under Settings > Applications > Development, leave the phone in the Development window

then start the root process over

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Went to use the camera today and get a firmware warning that I do not have the latest firmware. Any suggestions?

I chose phone to camera re-write. We'll see what happens.

That did it, back in business.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress