[Guide] Tools and Information for Mac OS X Users - Updated 04/07

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Recover is in red. I don't know that I put the ROM int eh root. I just dbl clicked pushto than copied and pasted 2.8 in the terminal and hit enter. It sounds like we are getting somewhere though. Thanks for the help.

Since its red, that means clockworkmod was successful.

Instead of copying and pasting the file in pushtosd, just drag the file and drop it into the terminal window. And for save measures, post the terminal output on here so I can see whats happening.

Reactions: jerseyjim

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
so the other thing is that I don't think I actually have EB01 installed, how can I confirm that?

As for the ROM could be because of the file name "frankenclean..." should it be renamed to update.zip?

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I apologize, I did drag and drop, not copy and paste. It does have a long name but I can't rename in the phone if that even matters. When i rename it comes up with the new name but keeps the original on the end as well. Do you think if I was able to rename to update.zip it would matter? It's not in a folder so it's in the root directory making me think the file name could be the issue. I could delete it tonight and try to put it back on the card named as update.zip

Last edited:

eskimo337

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a question (read: noob) concerning my phone modem. I am currently running SC 2.8 with a DI01 modem and am having issues with sending sms messages. I read somewhere that I need at least DL09 modem to send sms messages through SC 2.8.

Is there a means to flash the DL09 modem through a mac without odin? I am loving the SC 2.8, but need my sms messaging.

Any help would be great as I am a definite noob.

Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is true , you had to have over the aired to DL09 before installing. Now you will need to find a windows pc to use or partition your drive and install windows on your pc...
I have a question (read: noob) concerning my phone modem. I am currently running SC 2.8 with a DI01 modem and am having issues with sending sms messages. I read somewhere that I need at least DL09 modem to send sms messages through SC 2.8.

Is there a means to flash the DL09 modem through a mac without odin? I am loving the SC 2.8, but need my sms messaging.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eskimo337

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So the super_frenkenclean_2_8v_final file on the phone seems to only be 4KB wich seems odd. i will delete the file and try to copy it back to the phone tonight and provide an update.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

What Droid said. I havent been successful in making a 1-click for installing modems...

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
pushed the file successfully to phone however after installing and rebooting it just keeps cycling into the recovery screen. Getting nervous now...

Last edited:

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
It said it installed so I clicked on reboot and the phone cycles to samsung logo twice and then goes back to recovery screen

on an ironic side note: I'm from Jersey and now live in Colorado and you guys are in Jersey and Colorado. I'm sure that has to be a good sign that we'll get this thing working again lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It said it installed so I clicked on reboot and the phone cycles to samsung logo twice and then goes back to recovery screen

on an ironic side note: I'm from Jersey and now live in Colorado and you guys are in Jersey and Colorado. I'm sure that has to be a good sign that we'll get this thing working again lol

blue or red recovery,,,and you are trying to flash 2.8?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

jerseyjim

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
stupid question here, when you say flash is it safe to assume you mean install 2.8 zip again? Ok, I see from the link you sent that is correct I am doing it now