Titanium Backup Help Thread

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok I am getting frustrated with trying to get the paid version of TB
Heres what going on, I ordered the pro version of TB off the market.
Cool now I can freeze some bloat ware back up some stuff, well
more stuff to play around with, anyhoo It wont down load, long story short
It denies my Visa (gift card) with this card it only works in the USA no where else, Titanium is in Switzerland GEESH, So I googled TB and found it takes
PayPal, great mind you I am on my PC, I donated $8.00 I paid a little extra
being the nice guy I am!
Gets emailed to me a key in a zip file, I put that on my SD card as noted in the directions, I cannot get the Pro Version of Titanium to launch on my fascinate.
In the trouble shooting guide at the website tells me to uninstall TB then reload see if that works, nope did not work.
I am lost dunno what else to do to do?
I am fully rooted, running stock 2.1
Planing on changing to FROYO when I get all my ducks in a row
like loading TB the Paid version.
Is there another choice of a good back up software out there?
I read nothing but good things about Titanium Back Up sure would like to have it, not to bash anyone I did email the folks at TB yesterday, no response yet.
Your imput is much appriciated

Pat

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
mount your SD card to your pc and see if the file that they sent you is there. it cannot be placed in a folder on your SD card.

Alternatively, you can download Super Manager or AndExplorer so you don't have to connect your phone to your PC. Both are free, but Super Manager can be used for root operations.

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
mount your SD card to your pc and see if the file that they sent you is there. it cannot be placed in a folder on your SD card.

Alternatively, you can download Super Manager or AndExplorer so you don't have to connect your phone to your PC. Both are free, but Super Manager can be used for root operations.

I downloaded Super Manager, I can see my SD card
and all the contents, just do not know where to go from there?
it's under a "UNzip-me.zip" So if i understand correctly
it needs to be unzipped on the sd card? So it can be retrieved by the trail version of TB, if thats the case how do i unzip this file?
your info is very much appriciated

Pat

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Super Manager, I can see my SD card
and all the contents, just do not know where to go from there?
it's under a "UNzip-me.zip" So if i understand correctly
it needs to be unzipped on the sd card? So it can be retrieved by the trail version of TB, if thats the case how do i unzip this file?
your info is very much appriciated

Pat

go to your file manager like astro, or my files, long press the zip file and select extract

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
go to your file manager like astro, or my files, long press the zip file and select extract

When I hit extract prompts me to use this directory or a new directory
Not sure what directory to use, I just assumed "this directory" I get an error
So I hit "NEW directory" then it prompts me to name the new directory.
What do I name the new directory?
Your help is appriciated

Pat

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When I hit extract prompts me to use this directory or a new directory
Not sure what directory to use, I just assumed "this directory" I get an error
So I hit "NEW directory" then it prompts me to name the new directory.
What do I name the new directory?
Your help is appriciated

Pat

point the file manager to a folder to extract the file too. root explorer has a defoult. i guess the one you are using doesnt.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Unless there is something different about the version you bought, generally you should download the Titanium Backup free version first. DO NOT uninstall it when you buy the paid version. The paid version just unlocks the extra features.

I'm new to it but it could be that simple.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is that he doesn't have the license file where it needs to be on the SD card. he just needs to extract it to the root directory of the SD card and TB will be unlocked.

desertdog

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I had same problem yesterday . I unzipped on PCB then used dropbox to put licence.bin on SD card. I then mounted SF using usb cable. I then was able to drag licence.bin to TI folder and drop it in. Re boot phone and had Pro TI.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing here? I got the free Titanium Backup off the market. Then I bought the Pro License off the market.

When I do a wipe on my phone I just go to the market and get the free version. Then while in market I hit Menu > My Apps and the Pro Version key shows up. I click it and install it.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What am I missing here? I got the free Titanium Backup off the market. Then I bought the Pro License off the market.

When I do a wipe on my phone I just go to the market and get the free version. Then while in market I hit Menu > My Apps and the Pro Version key shows up. I click it and install it.

um...pickles.

so whats the problem?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
OP cannot get his TB license installed. People talking about putting .zip on sd card confused me as I don't have any of that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OP cannot get his TB license installed. People talking about putting .zip on sd card confused me as I don't have any of that.

The OP did not set up an account through the Market so he had to try and buy the key direct from the developer. You do not need to worry about the zip. Gunner is correct. Download free version from Market. Pay for the pro version which is just a key. When you open the free version, it will recognize you have the key and switch to the pro version.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

no .zip on sd card!! dl free version, dl key. done.

^this! Gunnermike is right, you gotta unzip the key from the zip otherwise it won't work! I think the OP didn't unzip the key, that's what we're trying to get him to do

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless there is something different about the version you bought, generally you should download the Titanium Backup free version first. DO NOT uninstall it when you buy the paid version. The paid version just unlocks the extra features.

I'm new to it but it could be that simple.

I am newer
GOT IT
I simply opened un zipped the file on my pc then emailed my phone ,
Then saved it on my SD card on the phone
I know this sound silly, I could not figure how to unzip the file on the fascinate.
So now I have TB on my phone

I thank you all for your advice

Pat

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
^this! Gunnermike is right, you gotta unzip the key from the zip otherwise it won't work! I think the OP didn't unzip the key, that's what we're trying to get him to do

Just so no one else gets confused by this, the OP has to unzip the key and license because the OP did not purchase and download the pro version from the market, the OP purchased direct from the developer. If you get the free version from the market and purchase the pro version from the market all you have to do is open the free version. It will recognize you purchased and have the key and open up the pro version features. Basically the key converts the free version to the pro version.

Reactions: jackmei2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87