Trying to change my ROM to a simple DJ05

pyrowetter

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Fascinate with I500. I rooted it today by reading posts. I have "ROM Manager Premium" and "Titanium Backup Pro".

I MUST REALLY BE STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO THIS CRAP!!!

I am trying to change my ROM to a simple DJ05. From what I have read this is an easy one idiots like myself to manage. I have gone into ROM Manager and then to "Download ROM", then "jt1134", then "Super Clean ROM (DJ05)". From there it gives me the options to "Backup Existing ROM & Wipe Data and Cache". I have already backed up existing ROM so I just choose to wipe data. Then it says to "press Ok to rebboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue installation". I click "OK".
It then goes through a rebooting cycle installing programs then turns off and back on.

Nothing has changed. What the heck did I do all that crap for? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????????

PLEASE WILL SOMEONE HELP THIS OLD FOOL FIGURE THIS DAMN PHONE OUT.:mad:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the Fascinate with I500. I rooted it today by reading posts. I have "ROM Manager Premium" and "Titanium Backup Pro".

I MUST REALLY BE STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO THIS CRAP!!!

I am trying to change my ROM to a simple DJ05. From what I have read this is an easy one idiots like myself to manage. I have gone into ROM Manager and then to "Download ROM", then "jt1134", then "Super Clean ROM (DJ05)". From there it gives me the options to "Backup Existing ROM & Wipe Data and Cache". I have already backed up existing ROM so I just choose to wipe data. Then it says to "press Ok to rebboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue installation". I click "OK".
It then goes through a rebooting cycle installing programs then turns off and back on.

Nothing has changed. What the heck did I do all that crap for? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????????

PLEASE WILL SOMEONE HELP THIS OLD FOOL FIGURE THIS DAMN PHONE OUT.:mad:

Relax my friend,you are backed up with titanium so you are all good

since you are already in a pickle would you like to upgrade to froyo superclean 2.8

the problem you encountered is because you tried to use rom manager and it is not playing nice with roms for the fascinate at the moment

try using my odin thread and flash superclean 2.8...since you are in a boot loop just skip step number one about update.zip we can worry about that later

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html

pyrowetter

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
???

Thanks for calming me down. I have been at this for about 6 hours and am very frustrated.

So far I have tried doing your post twice and it has not been at it the second time for 8 mins now and is still downloading. I think I did it all right. Just wonder why it is not taking?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for calming me down. I have been at this for about 6 hours and am very frustrated.

So far I have tried doing your post twice and it has not been at it the second time for 8 mins now and is still downloading. I think I did it all right. Just wonder why it is not taking?

you mean odin is hanging up ? in the middle of the flash?

try reviewing the following

downloaded and installed drivers
Disable any antivirus you have active on your computer
Use USB ports in the back of the computer(if you already are use a differnt port)
battery MUST be out during the entire flashing process
try redownload the odin package
Make sure you put it in PDA section of odin.
if you are still having trouble after all this , let me know

pyrowetter

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think in my best interest I had better call it for a little while. I am very frustrated. I have been debating on rooting for a while, and now that I have I am very disappointed!!!
Any input you have would be appreciated. I will get back on later.

Thanks.

pyrowetter

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Alright, a new day. Lets see if I can get this done. The EB01 took. Now I will try to go back to your EB01/EB16 post and try to update to the Flash Superclean 2.8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech