Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Yeah, it just took him a while to put it together. I'm glad it took a while though because of how complete, thorough and detailed it is. This will be an invaluable tool for anyone rooting and flashing.
    Thanks, yeah it took me like 6 days or somthing thing like that to get this done. I hope people find it helpful and doesnt confuse anyone more.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Thanks for this! I was finally able to fix permissions and get rid of all of the fc errors.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Great job. It took a long time and lots of reading before I understand CWM and backup. Plus install roms etc. Because I didn't understand things I was afraid to do much of anything for fear of bricking. Finally figured things out and am a happy Froyo user.
    This would have made it so much easier.
    --bill

ROM
    2.8 superclean

Default lost clockworkmod

hey guys im super new at this. I just rooted my fascinate last night and everything went smoothly. after updating to froyo, i got a theme and went to push it to the sd card and then set it up using the reboot into clockworkmod, and it just brings me to the normal mode and i cant do the read zip from sd

Quote Originally Posted by m4gkman View Post
    hey guys im super new at this. I just rooted my fascinate last night and everything went smoothly. after updating to froyo, i got a theme and went to push it to the sd card and then set it up using the reboot into clockworkmod, and it just brings me to the normal mode and i cant do the read zip from sd
    did you add the update.zip file to ur sd card?

ROM
    2.8 superclean

from where?

from the odin full ebo1/eb16 froyo leak, packaged roms, thread,
    Post #3 has a visual walkthrough of how to use Odin

To install
    1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

ROM
    2.8 superclean

what i dont get is, i had clockworkmod to install the froyo, and when the froyo finished and war up and running, when i reebootand try to get the clockworkmod, it goes to the normal manual mode

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

If you are using SuperClean 2.9 you should have the latest version of CWM included but if not...

You will need to read up on flashing clockwork and the general info provided by DroidXcon - Link
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

what i dont get is, i had clockworkmod to install the froyo, and when the froyo finished and war up and running, when i reebootand try to get the clockworkmod, it goes to the normal manual mode
    not advanced enough to help wit that, im sorry

ROM
    2.8 superclean

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    If you are using SuperClean 2.9 you should have the latest version of CWM included but if not...

You will need to read up on flashing clockwork and the general info provided by DroidXcon - Link
    i have superclean 2.8
    what would be the difference?

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Edit: SC 2.9 contains the version of CWM that will remain resident and you do not need the update.zip file.

If you flashed the clockwork via Odin - on the first boot it gets erased and you are back to the base (blue recovery). You have to have update.zip or you need can flash the Odin file - boot into recovery and then flash this file and it will be resident until you flash a new ROM
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    2.8 superclean

i know i didnt use odin, i jsut downloaded a few files and pushed them to the sd and did it that way. sorry i cant be too descriptive im still extremely new at this

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Hold on and I will put up the link in just a sec for the update.zip

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

i know i didnt use odin, i jsut downloaded a few files and pushed them to the sd and did it that way. sorry i cant be too descriptive im still extremely new at this
    Okay - Down and dirty: Download this file to your computer.

Copy to your sdcard. It has to be in the root directory (do not put in any directory). When you boot into recovery it will be blue..

Select apply update.zip file. That will take you to red recovery - you will see some error codes (ignore them)... you are now in CWM.

That will be a quick fix.

If you want a more durable fix download and copy to your sdcard this file

When in red recovery find cwm-recovery-ALL.zip and flash it.. That will make it so you will boot to red recovery each time without having to use the update file on your sdcard.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    Okay - Down and dirty: Download this file to your computer.

Copy to your sdcard. It has to be in the root directory (do not put in any directory). When you boot into recovery it will be blue..

Select apply update.zip file. That will take you to red recovery - you will see some error codes (ignore them)... you are now in CWM.

That will be a quick fix.

If you want a more durable fix download and copy to your sdcard this file

When in red recovery find cwm-recovery-ALL.zip and flash it.. That will make it so you will boot to red recovery each time without having to use the update file on your sdcard.
    could also just flash cwm all with odin from post #3 of this thread and it will go directly into red recovery.

i feel like rom manager was used maybe i should use a bigger warning about it being more confusion than its worth at this point

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    could also just flash cwm all with odin from post #3 of this thread and it will go directly into red recovery.

i feel like rom manager was used maybe i should use a bigger warning about it being more confusion than its worth at this point
    I would agree. I think it is a bit too convenient to use and has some pitfalls.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

He's on sc 2.8 so cwm-all won't stick if he flashes another ROM. Should be Ok though as I'm guessing he's not going to be doing a lot of flashing of ROMs until he's more comfortable.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

It will stock from 2.9 on..they will be including cwm all with the kernel from now on most likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    He's on sc 2.8 so cwm-all won't stick if he flashes another ROM. Should be Ok though as I'm guessing he's not going to be doing a lot of flashing of ROMs until he's more comfortable.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Updated to 2.9.1scnv and EB16 kernel last night. Charging multiple times using the step process discussed here and the other threads. Went in to CWM Red this morning to reset Bat. Stats. I selected clear stats but, I didn't see any clearing process working down lower area with white lettering. Should it show activity as it clears Bat. Info? Or is there another way to tell if the stats have been cleared.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Its broken in red. I need to update that section on how tio llo do it when I have time
    Quote Originally Posted by mm247 View Post
    Updated to 2.9.1scnv and EB16 kernel last night. Charging multiple times using the step process discussed here and the other threads. Went in to CWM Red this morning to reset Bat. Stats. I selected clear stats but, I didn't see any clearing process working down lower area with white lettering. Should it show activity as it clears Bat. Info? Or is there another way to tell if the stats have been cleared.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

Thank you for all of these helpful threads. Within 3 weeks I have gone form no root to SC 2.9.1 voodoo with a custom theme with confidence thanks to all of the hard work by the users here.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7 / Glitch V11 ML

I am having some hardware issues with my camera and was going to take it in to the verizon store to have it looked at. Im going to flash the stock ROM before I go so they dont void any warranties. If I use CWR and do a backup, if they give me a new phone, would i be able to restore using that backup??
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by drjohns17 View Post
    I am having some hardware issues with my camera and was going to take it in to the verizon store to have it looked at. Im going to flash the stock ROM before I go so they dont void any warranties. If I use CWR and do a backup, if they give me a new phone, would i be able to restore using that backup??
    yes as long as the build conditions are the same

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by drjohns17 View Post
    yes as long as the build conditions are the same
    Just wanted to clarify this. If he did a nandroid backup on his current phone, took it to the Verizon store, and they gave him a new phone, he would only be able to restore the nandroid backup if they put the micro SD card from his previous phone into the new phone. Correct?
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast