Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Just wanted to clarify this. If he did a nandroid backup on his current phone, took it to the Verizon store, and they gave him a new phone, he would only be able to restore the nandroid backup if they put the micro SD card from his previous phone into the new phone. Correct?
    yes and no,,you can copy the clockwork folder onto your computer and put it on any micro SD card,,,,or he can keep his SD card and put it in the new phone

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    yes and no,,you can copy the clockwork folder onto your computer and put it on any micro SD card,,,,or he can keep his SD card and put it in the new phone
    Ok, just wanted to make sure he is aware just to safeguard against the off chance the Verizon store not giving him his old sd card back.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Ok, just wanted to make sure he is aware just to safeguard against the off chance the Verizon store not giving him his old sd card back.
    one of these days ill add to the nandroid section on where to find the backups on your card and how to rename them or move them. with screen shots of course
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    one of these days ill add to the nandroid section on where to find the backups on your card and how to rename them or move them. with screen shots of course
    Will that be # 1,752 on your list of things you need/want to do? Man, you do so much work around here.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Will that be # 1,752 on your list of things you need/want to do? Man, you do so much work around here.
    lol yeah im also buy another continuum tomorrow so maybe i can send it to adrynalyne and imnuts so we can get some roms for users

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.9.2 Superclean

You are the man. Thanks for making this whole subject MUCH easier to understand. Please accept this cold beer, even if you're underage.

Now things are fixed after Rom Manager loaded orange clockworks. Rom Manager if now gone from my phone!
    Last edited by motoprof; 03-19-2011 at 07:52 AM.

great info, but have a question. I have SC 2.6 installed, went to CWM, got blue screen, scrolled down to apply sdcard:update.zip went to install and got this message failed to open /sdcard/update.zip No such file or directory. Any Ideas?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by madduck99 View Post
    great info, but have a question. I have SC 2.6 installed, went to CWM, got blue screen, scrolled down to apply sdcard:update.zip went to install and got this message failed to open /sdcard/update.zip No such file or directory. Any Ideas?
    Yep. If you are going to stay at sc 2.6 and flash any ROMs you need to download this update.zip MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service, and place it on the base of your sd card.

Or if you are not going to flash any new ROMs, you can flash this cwm-all file in this thread through ODIN, then you will boot directly to the current cwm-all

Or you can upgrade to sc 2.9, and you will boot directly to cwm-all

ok so i followed the odin and flashed the cwm recovery all tar file and when i try to do the update.zip in stock recovery i still get the same problem with the E:failed to verify whole file sig thing.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Is it booting directly into red recovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by will.bates94 View Post
    ok so i followed the odin and flashed the cwm recovery all tar file and when i try to do the update.zip in stock recovery i still get the same problem with the E:failed to verify whole file sig thing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

I just downloaded the cwm-all file, but it's a bin file, not tar. Is that right? I want to make sure before I use odin to flash it on my phone.

not to sure about this but my thinking is that the cwm-recovery-all is a tar file that is stored in a .bin folder (recovery.bin). when you double click the cwm file from downloads it takes you to the recovery.bin folder

maybe someone can shed a little light on this subject and correct this info

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

It's a folder called cwm-recovery-all and when I go into it to there's a file called recovery.bin and that's it. Not sure why it's a bin file rather than a tar file.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by streebs87 View Post
    It's a folder called cwm-recovery-all and when I go into it to there's a file called recovery.bin and that's it. Not sure why it's a bin file rather than a tar file.
    re download it but make sure you do not extract it
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

Ok, will do that. Thanks.

no still blue
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

no still blue
    ok so you flashed cwm all and when you boot up into recovery its going to blue?

are you getting errors when you use odin

does it say (successful 1, failed 0) ?

yepp everything went perfect with odin
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

yepp everything went perfect with odin
    when you are flashing with odin are you going directly into recovery or are you turning the phone on first

also what is the baseband and build of your phone, and what are you trying to accomplish again

i pull battery and plug usb in then into the comp. then i hold vol. up and down and powerbutton and get the big triangle with the android digging with a shovel and it says download only dont turn off or something like that. then i run odin and it runs with a pass.

baseband is s:i500.04 V.EA28
    build is SCH-I500.EA28
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

i pull battery and plug usb in then into the comp. then i hold vol. up and down and powerbutton and get the big triangle with the android digging with a shovel and it says download only dont turn off or something like that. then i run odin and it runs with a pass.

baseband is s:i500.04 V.EA28
    build is SCH-I500.EA28
    yeah but after it passes do you start the phone or boot directly into recovery

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

Worked good for me. Flashed back to SC 2.9, then ran red clockwork and installed the 2.9.1 patch and everything seems to be working good. Thanks for the help.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by streebs87 View Post
    Worked good for me. Flashed back to SC 2.9, then ran red clockwork and installed the 2.9.1 patch and everything seems to be working good. Thanks for the help.
    very welcome

if i remember i put the battery in and booted up. no recovery. could that of been the problem?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

if i remember i put the battery in and booted up. no recovery. could that of been the problem?
    try not to turn it on , boot directly into recovery and tell me if it is red
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast