Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

ok so should i redo everything again?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by will.bates94 View Post
    ok so should i redo everything again?
    yeah , flash cwm All in the PDA section of odin, pop the battery in and directly enter recovery
    mamamor likes this.

ok now im in red recovery
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

ok now im in red recovery
    ok cool congrats
    will.bates94 likes this.

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    ok cool congrats
    So as long as he doesn't flash a new ROM, cwm-all will stick with Eclair EA28 right?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    So as long as he doesn't flash a new ROM, cwm-all will stick with Eclair EA28 right?
    well if he flashes superclean 2.9 he will still have it, otherwise he will need to flash cwm all again

ok. now i booted back up my phone and was about to do a data reset because i was about to flash a rom now when i tried to go into recovery i got blue recov. again

ohhh ok
    lol my bad
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

ok. now i booted back up my phone and was about to do a data reset because i was about to flash a rom now when i tried to go into recovery i got blue recov. again
    use odin , again , boot directly into clockwork and go head and flash the rom. if its superclean 2.9 it will hold the red clockwork.....the problem is the stock kernel replaces cwm whenever you reboot
    mamamor likes this.

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

use odin , again , boot directly into clockwork and go head and flash the rom. if its superclean 2.9 it will hold the red clockwork.....the problem is the stock kernel replaces cwm whenever you reboot
    And by boot directly into clockwork, DroidXcon means after you flash cwm-all in ODIN, put the battery back in your phone but don't hit the power button. Hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until you see the samsung logo flash for the second time. As soon as you see the samsung logo for the second time, let go of all three buttons. This will take you directly into red cwm. From here, just follow the instructions from the beginning of this thread to flash whatever ROM you are trying to flash. Where are you trying to get with this? Are you jumping to superclean 2.9?

haha yeah lol i really know how to mess stuff up.

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

If you are going to 2.9 would also probably be a good idea to flash the EB01 modem while you have the battery out and are flashing the cwm-all through ODIN
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    If you are going to 2.9 would also probably be a good idea to flash the EB01 modem while you have the battery out and are flashing the cwm-all through ODIN
    he has EA28 modem so it should be ok but landshark is right flashing the modem wouldnt hurt

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

he has EA28 modem so it should be ok but landshark is right flashing the modem wouldnt hurt
    Just playing it safe, but you are right. I forgot the DL09 modem will work. EDIT - Oops, I meant EA28 modem.

Hey all,

Very new to this but I was able to root with ABD a few minutes ago, installed Backup Pro, and backed everything up to the SD card.

So, I'm about to install cwm recovery all via Odin and wipe the cache, data, and davlik, right? Then use Odin to flash on a ROM from the Full EB01/EB16 Froyo leak page?

1) When I use cwm to wipe data etc. will my backups will be safe? I mean, that's the point, right?

2) Am I'm attempting to do things in the correct order?

3) After flashing SC 2.9, how do I go about restoring all my data? Will all my apps etc. (including Backup Pro) be there waiting for me?

Sorry to ask all this here but cwm/wiping is next on my list and I didn't want to start asking questions in too many threads.

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

I'm fairly new to all this, but after I flashed over to SC 2.9 all my stuff (sans apps, because I was stupid and didn't do a backup lol) was still there. Meaning my pics, ringtones, etc were all there and I didn't do a backup of any sort. So, I'm more than positive your stuff will all be there when your done.

Quote Originally Posted by streebs87 View Post
    I'm fairly new to all this, but after I flashed over to SC 2.9 all my stuff (sans apps, because I was stupid and didn't do a backup lol) was still there. Meaning my pics, ringtones, etc were all there and I didn't do a backup of any sort. So, I'm more than positive your stuff will all be there when your done.
    Did you use cwm to wipe your cache/data etc. before flashing on 2.9 though?

I've seen a couple of these guides recommend that to avoid issues. I'm really curious if flashing those will affect the backup of my data that I created on my SD card (and also, if it will be easy to unpack it all again once I flash 2.9 assuming I wipe first).

Quote Originally Posted by streebs87 View Post
    When you flash all of the stuff on your SD card should be untouched. Flashing only formats internal memory (usually), so apps and stuff go, but the rest stays. Back up programs put all that stuff off to your SD card in a recoverable format.

I am not having any luck upgrading to SC 2.9, i have a mac and i used a card reader to upgrade to 2.6 no problem. Should i use Voodoo zip or non Voodoo zip

Default CWM All

Hello! I flashed to CWM All and when I hit wipe battery stats, it didn't confirm that it wiped. When I rebooted to recovery, it went straight to red. Is it supposed to say something on the bottom of the screen when I do this like it does when wiping caches? Also, can I delete the zip file from my sd card?

Carrier
    SC2.9x

I have SC2.9x by DXC's thread. I flashed cvm all last night via Odin and installed a VCast Videos patch .zip file to my sd card. I followed DXC's instructions on how to install a zip file via red cvm all to the letter. I am able to open VCast Video, but when I go to play a show I get the following message "File has incorrect data" and the show doesn't play.

Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
    Thanks, Dave

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by taglish123 View Post
    Hello! I flashed to CWM All and when I hit wipe battery stats, it didn't confirm that it wiped. When I rebooted to recovery, it went straight to red. Is it supposed to say something on the bottom of the screen when I do this like it does when wiping caches? Also, can I delete the zip file from my sd card?
    You can't wipe battery stats in cwm. It is not working right now. Follow the instructions in this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tery-life.html
    taglish123 likes this.

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Dave95b View Post
    I have SC2.9x by DXC's thread. I flashed cvm all last night via Odin and installed a VCast Videos patch .zip file to my sd card. I followed DXC's instructions on how to install a zip file via red cvm all to the letter. I am able to open VCast Video, but when I go to play a show I get the following message "File has incorrect data" and the show doesn't play.

Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
    Thanks, Dave
    Sorry Dave, I don't have an answer on that one. If I remember correctly, didn't you get that patch directly from Adrynalyne? You may want to post this in his superclean thread to see if he can help. I know it's not a superclean specific problem, but it's better than bogging him down with a bunch of PM's.
    Dave95b likes this.

never mind, i got it

Carrier
    ViciousCM10

I'm wondering how come this isnt stickied? Very helpful
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast