- 03-21-2011, 05:39 PM #101
- 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM #102
- 03-23-2011, 08:10 PM #103
- 25 Posts
well i followed x's instructions from stock to 2.9 unsing odin, and well went perfect.
Now want to go to 2.9.2 cuz I want wireless tether (nook color won't recognize my SF.
Well, a guy at work who thinks he knows it all downloaded rom manager abd backed up via CWM.
To the point, I followed these instructions and it went well, except I boot from blue to orange. Then the all.zip file fails because itbsays upgrade to edi--- (cant remember the word), its the one fascinate doesnt recognize. any tips?
If i remeber right my CWM currently is version 3.0.0x
- 03-23-2011, 08:22 PM #104
- 03-25-2011, 03:29 PM #105
- 611 Posts
- Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB
Clockwork Mod Questions
So I am pretty comfortable using CWM, but I am only really using it for:
- Flashing (Roms/Themes/Kernels/Patches)
- Data wiping (cache/dalvik/factory reset)
- Nandriod backups (was informed that the restore is not working)
Anyway... my question is, there is a lot of other options in CWM that I don't know anything about. Is there a thread or guide that goes into detail what all the other options do and how to use them?
Trying to learn as much as I can, so any info would ne appreciated... thanks!
Sent by use of The Force
- 03-25-2011, 03:38 PM #107
- 03-25-2011, 04:15 PM #108
- 03-25-2011, 06:41 PM #109
- 03-25-2011, 06:51 PM #111
CWM-ALL through ODIN, and after that, don't do anything through rom manager. That's how you got CWM 184.108.40.206. Rom manager does not currently work for the Fascinate. Don't even touch it until you see in these forums that it is back to being functional for the Fascinate.
- 03-27-2011, 01:57 PM #112
- 03-27-2011, 01:59 PM #113
- 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM #114
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
- 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM #116
CWM-ALL file through the PDA section. Do not extract the file or unzip it. Flash it as it is, in tact through ODIN. Should take 7 seconds. When done, close ODIN, pull usb cord, put battery back in, but don't reboot yet. Hold volume up, volume down, and power buttons until samsung logo flashes two times. As soon as you see samsung for the second time let go of all thee buttons. This will take you directly to red cwm-all. Reboot system now should be highlighted, hit the power button and phone will reboot. Now you will go directly to red cwm-all. Let me say again, do not touch rom manager for anything until you see it posted at AC that is back working and fully functional for the Fascinate.
- 03-27-2011, 02:25 PM #117
- 03-27-2011, 02:32 PM #118
- 03-27-2011, 02:37 PM #119
- 03-27-2011, 02:52 PM #120
- 03-27-2011, 04:30 PM #121
- 03-27-2011, 05:10 PM #123
- 03-27-2011, 05:20 PM #124