Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree9Likes
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Default Issues using the CWM from DroidXCons thread...

Hey folks,

Dont know if anyone else is having this issue.

I installed the _ALL version of CWM from DroidXCons thread. It worked once at work. SO I got home and downloaded COMMROM. I tried to boot into CWM and I cant do it. No matter what I do it just goes to the Samsung Recovery Utils.

Any Advice?
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDev View Post
    Hey folks,

Dont know if anyone else is having this issue.

I installed the _ALL version of CWM from DroidXCons thread. It worked once at work. SO I got home and downloaded COMMROM. I tried to boot into CWM and I cant do it. No matter what I do it just goes to the Samsung Recovery Utils.

Any Advice?
    I read your post in the thread. No need to start a whole new thread. Also no need to post the same question in two different places. When you post in the other thread it brings that thread to the top of the page for everyone to see that something new was posted in the thread. When you do the three finger salute (hold volume +, volume -, and power buttons you have to let go of the three buttons as soon as you see the samsung logo flash for the second time. Don't wait for it to disappear. Also, what ROM are you running right now? If you are in a stock state, the stock kernel will revert you back to stock recovery if the phone boots up. So if you are stock, the only way to flash to Comm ROM is to flash CWM-all in ODIN, then after flashing, close ODIN, pull usb cord, put battery back in, don't power on phone, then do three finger salute.

Kevin, Ragnarokx - can we merge this thread into here please? http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

What kernel do you have? If it's the stock kernel, and you allow the phone to reboot before entering into recovery, the stock kernel with revert the recovery back to stock.

Place custom kernel on sd card, flash CWM ALL (or better yet, times-infinity's CWM 3) in ODEN, then boot directly into recovery (hold + - volume buttons an power at the same time until second samsung logo). Once in recovery, clear both caches and flash the custom kernel from the zip file on the sd card. Reboot. The custom kernel has now installed which ever recovery the dev included with the kernel. If you want to go back to CWM ALL or CWM 3 you will have to reflash it in ODEN.

Now that you have a custom kernel it will automatically boot into whichever custom recovery you have flashed.

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

I'm a little slow on the keyboard I guess, LOL! What Landshark said!
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Yeah sorry about that. I dont see an issue with it but no harm no foul and to each their own

Anywho thanks for responding. I tried it the way Shark suggested and it still would not work. I figured out that ROM Manager simply being installed was causing it to not work. I uninstalled ROM Manager and it worked just fine.

By the way I am running UKB 2.0 and I freakin love it. Amazing work.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDev View Post
    Yeah sorry about that. I dont see an issue with it but no harm no foul and to each their own

Anywho thanks for responding. I tried it the way Shark suggested and it still would not work. I figured out that ROM Manager simply being installed was causing it to not work. I uninstalled ROM Manager and it worked just fine.

By the way I am running UKB 2.0 and I freakin love it. Amazing work.
    Yeah, rom manager does not work with the Fascinate. The developer stopped supporting the Fascinate.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Kevin, Ragnarokx - can we merge this thread into here please? http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html
    Totally merged the CWM thread with your UKB thread, Landshark... And let me tell you, there is not an "undo" button! Had to manually separate the two threads. That'll teach me to moderate from my phone while watching TV
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
    Totally merged the CWM thread with your UKB thread, Landshark... And let me tell you, there is not an "undo" button! Had to manually separate the two threads. That'll teach me to moderate from my phone while watching TV
    Ooooh, multitasking. Were you also eating popcorn at the same time?

Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Yeah, rom manager does not work with the Fascinate. The developer stopped supporting the Fascinate.
    Yeah had ROM Manager installed for a while now. I uninstalled it realizing I never used it then tried to enter CWM and presto! Works great.

ROM
    2.2 stock w root

Default Re: [How to] Install and Use Clockworkmod Recovery w/Screen captu

What an awesome write up for a new like me. It is very much appreciated and I cant wait to start using CWM instead of Odin and getting deeper into flashing new kernels, ROMs, and themes.
    DJ - Xoom, Fascinate & Commando - Soon to be Charge and Samsung Tab 10.1 and MAYBE HTC Trophy to mix it up!

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I have completely read this entire 21 page textbook! Excellent!! **One thing I have not been able to find a solution to is the error status 7 and this comes up when I try to flash a zip file rom. I have two on my card and am about to try the supaclean voodoo as well. I have a cm7 nightly build v7 from 8/29 and I have a rom called biffmod. I am on the leaked gb with ec09 build. I did that with Odin.
    ** second thing is I couldn't get the powerwashed nomodem and the atlas pit file to Odin.

Basically I'm getting my feet wet and have been using Odin to get me back and forth as well as successfully using nandroid b/u and restore with cwmAll

Thanks for all the support!
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I wanted to update you guys that I was able to flash the before mentioned supaclean nonvoodoo successfully!! Its awesome!!! Thank you! Still wonder why the other roms won't work but this one will tie me over till I get some advice on the error I mentioned above. Again, I read these forums daily in search of more info. Thanks.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

** figured out my problem. I was using the cwm all for roms that
    Were not compatible. I realized that there is a specific one for cm7(a cool blue one that is different from the stock recovery) and then flashing the vanilla Jt rom needed to flash in a orange color. This is what worked. Thanks for keeping the forums full of information. Its there...some buried and hard to find but it Is there.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post

Q: Do i need to root to install clockwork?
    A: No, clockwork can be installed via odin and root is not required. If flashing it from Rom Manager yes root is required but as discussed earlier at the moment flashing from rom manager is not effective or recommended.

Q: Does having clockwork void my warranty?
    A: As always , Yes and no. if you are caught then most likely but if you are at the point of flashing clockwork then you are savvy enough to use Odin to flash a stock rom and problem is solved.
    I have an Epic 4G with stock Gingerbread. I want to install the GPS fix () and this requires CWM, but I do not want to root my phone.

The main reason I don't want to root my phone is so I can get future OTA updates without having to reset my phone and lose data. If I install clockwork without rooting my phone, will I be able to safely get OTA updates or will I have to flash my phone back to stock, same as if I rooted my phone? If OTA updates will still be possible with clockwork does it make OTA updates more risky WRT losing data?

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I have an Epic 4G with stock Gingerbread. I want to install the GPS fix () and this requires CWM, but I do not want to root my phone.

The main reason I don't want to root my phone is so I can get future OTA updates without having to reset my phone and lose data. If I install clockwork without rooting my phone, will I be able to safely get OTA updates or will I have to flash my phone back to stock, same as if I rooted my phone? If OTA updates will still be possible with clockwork does it make OTA updates more risky WRT losing data?
    If you flash a custom cwm in Oden it will be overwritten by the stock kernel with the stock recovery the next time you boot up. So, if you flash the the custom cwm in Oden, then immediately boot into recovery mode you can flash the patch for the gps fix. Then, on the next bootup the custom cwm will be overwritten with the stock recovery.
    Thanked by:

Will this work for an evo 4g?

great thread, is there a way to get rid of the screen with the exclemation point and phone to pc logo? my fascinate will go into that if the usb is not plugged and always dose when rebooting.
    edit: dont worry i used odin to stock and put on a fresh cwm and flashed to the jellybean rom and everythings great now
    Last edited by jeromyraider; 08-08-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789