[How to] Install and Use Clockworkmod Recovery w/Screen captures

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
probably true, i have never used the function as i think its not very useful, i dont really care if my battery is 4% off by the time i get that close i have already charged,and since i wipe data most of the time i dont really see issues.
but i wanted to add the section just to be thorough and it will probably be fixed in the future.... if you could find me this info i will def update the post

Sure thing... It may have been from a different forum, but I will back track a bit and see if I can find it.

And once again... THANK YOU for another awesome post. You are truly an essential member to this forum.... thanks!

Also, one other thing... after wiping bstats, do you still need to reboot, reboot, reboot all the way down to 2% (or so) to get optimal life out of the battery?

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
:)
Sure thing... It may have been from a different forum, but I will back track a bit and see if I can find it.

And once again... THANK YOU for another kick *** post. You are truly an essential member to this forum.... thanks!

Also, one other thing... after wiping bstats, do you still need to reboot, reboot, reboot all the way down to 2% (or so) to get optimal life out of the battery?

Thank you and very welcome, but language please, trying to be family friendly here. :)

as for the 2% thing, this is really a extreme solution to a not so extreme problem. that whole process is to get a close tolerence in the calibration of the battery and battery %. but like i said are you really waiting till your phone is 4% before you decide to throw it on a charger? unless you want it perfect for perfects sake then those steps are really unnecessary

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
:)

Thank you and very welcome, but language please, trying to be family friendly here. :)

as for the 2% thing, this is really a extreme solution to a not so extreme problem. that whole process is to get a close tolerence in the calibration of the battery and battery %. but like i said are you really waiting till your phone is 4% before you decide to throw it on a charger? unless you want it perfect for perfects sake then those steps are really unnecessary

i see what you are saying... good point. And I fixed the language, sorry about that

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought that i read somewhere on here that this does not wipe your batter stats, (because there is not script in CWM that says it was wiped like there would be when wiping cache) and that it had to be done through terminal emulator.

Is this true or am I making this up? lol

No problem my friend, and thank you for pointing out the battery thing, i didnt do as much homework on it as i did with permissions

It's easier to tell the fix permissions function is not working in cwm because you don't get the scrolling long list of permissions being fixed. So I guess looking at it from that standpoint you could apply that to the battery stats because when you run it in cwm, the phone does not automatically reboot like it does when you run bstats in terminal emulator. Not sure if the phone is supposed to restart when you run bstats in cwm, just an observation.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it just took him a while to put it together. I'm glad it took a while though because of how complete, thorough and detailed it is. This will be an invaluable tool for anyone rooting and flashing.

Thanks, yeah it took me like 6 days or somthing thing like that to get this done. I hope people find it helpful and doesnt confuse anyone more.

myersw

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Great job. It took a long time and lots of reading before I understand CWM and backup. Plus install roms etc. Because I didn't understand things I was afraid to do much of anything for fear of bricking. Finally figured things out and am a happy Froyo user.
This would have made it so much easier.
--bill

m4gkman

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
lost clockworkmod

hey guys im super new at this. I just rooted my fascinate last night and everything went smoothly. after updating to froyo, i got a theme and went to push it to the sd card and then set it up using the reboot into clockworkmod, and it just brings me to the normal mode and i cant do the read zip from sd

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
hey guys im super new at this. I just rooted my fascinate last night and everything went smoothly. after updating to froyo, i got a theme and went to push it to the sd card and then set it up using the reboot into clockworkmod, and it just brings me to the normal mode and i cant do the read zip from sd
did you add the update.zip file to ur sd card?

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
from the odin full ebo1/eb16 froyo leak, packaged roms, thread,
Post #3 has a visual walkthrough of how to use Odin

To install
1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

Last edited:

m4gkman

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
what i dont get is, i had clockworkmod to install the froyo, and when the froyo finished and war up and running, when i reebootand try to get the clockworkmod, it goes to the normal manual mode

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

If you are using SuperClean 2.9 you should have the latest version of CWM included but if not...

You will need to read up on flashing clockwork and the general info provided by DroidXcon - Link

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
what i dont get is, i had clockworkmod to install the froyo, and when the froyo finished and war up and running, when i reebootand try to get the clockworkmod, it goes to the normal manual mode

Edit: SC 2.9 contains the version of CWM that will remain resident and you do not need the update.zip file.

If you flashed the clockwork via Odin - on the first boot it gets erased and you are back to the base (blue recovery). You have to have update.zip or you need can flash the Odin file - boot into recovery and then flash this file and it will be resident until you flash a new ROM

m4gkman

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i know i didnt use odin, i jsut downloaded a few files and pushed them to the sd and did it that way. sorry i cant be too descriptive im still extremely new at this

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
i know i didnt use odin, i jsut downloaded a few files and pushed them to the sd and did it that way. sorry i cant be too descriptive im still extremely new at this

Okay - Down and dirty: Download this file to your computer.

Copy to your sdcard. It has to be in the root directory (do not put in any directory). When you boot into recovery it will be blue..

Select apply update.zip file. That will take you to red recovery - you will see some error codes (ignore them)... you are now in CWM.

That will be a quick fix.

If you want a more durable fix download and copy to your sdcard this file

When in red recovery find cwm-recovery-ALL.zip and flash it.. That will make it so you will boot to red recovery each time without having to use the update file on your sdcard.